Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Looks like the devs are throwing buffs at locks with both hands. Guessing GC got bored with his huntard and rerolled lock.
    Are we talking about the same game? All I see so far are nerfs :/

Definitely not warriors lol. We have been middle class for a while now. Though I do not know much about 5.4 I do know that shadow priests will be getting a nerf. Fine with me, though wish my arms warrior could use a buff Blizzard...

When warlocks get a great looking set it means, "here you go, you can suck but still look bad ass."

Deleted
    Looks like the devs are throwing buffs at locks with both hands. Guessing GC got bored with his huntard and rerolled lock.
    You are ether reading the wrong patch notes or you cant read.

Well he's actually right. HoT baseline is actually pretty good, and the new KJC means we can spam MG while moving at 100%. That gives us MUCH more mobility (which was something we lacked). We do lose the damage reduction and casting fear while on the run but I think in general locks will actually be stronger. Specially if they buff dots. Moar dots now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ykza View Post
    Well he's actually right. HoT baseline is actually pretty good, and the new KJC means we can spam MG while moving at 100%. That gives us MUCH more mobility (which was something we lacked). We do lose the damage reduction and casting fear while on the run but I think in general locks will actually be stronger. Specially if they buff dots. Moar dots now!
    we get armor, gateway and kjc (current version is still better) nerfs and the dot buff is still not in the notes. Give it that howl is unreliable at least and we are not even close to a top class.

Quote Originally Posted by ykza View Post
    Nope. Fillers rarely kill anyone. Not being able to gateway/cast fear while moving is going to hurt locks alot. It's going to be tunnel the warlock.

Going with disco priests for healers. Ret for dps. God knows what blizzard were thinking. This is all assuming the mage changes actually go through.

Its going to be DISC priest, yep... very OP healers.

I am guessing ret pallys are going to be top dps according to the recent buffs.

Deleted
    Resto druids for sure. Already in a good spot and there only going to get better next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    finally someone with sense!

Frost Mages with Living Bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters and Mages will continue to dominate.

Warlocks and Rets will be up there as well. Warlocks are getting some buffs and nerfs, but overall, they'll be in a very good place. Rets are getting some retarded buffs bringing them up several notches.

Warriors are getting some very nice buffs, but don't think it'll be enough to compete with the above 4. They'll be pretty good though.

WW will be good, but they are still relatively "new" and many people will not consider them. They are pretty strong 1v1, but not as good as some other classes in group PvP.

Rogues will continue being a pain in everyone's ass as will Ferals.

Discs and RDruids will dominate in the healing department with MW and Shaman close behind.

DKs will continue being a pain to kill, especially Blood. Their utility is also getting a buff so they'll be even more annoying to deal with.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2013-06-24 at 06:40 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I am serious. The very idea that one spec (Ret) is completely superior to a whole class (Warrior) just like Ferals (one spec) are completely superior to Rogues (whole class) is ridiculous. The fact that druids have 3/4 viable specs in arena where as Rogues are actually playing pve hero specs like assassination or combat because their main pvp spec Sub sucks is a joke in itself.

In before some Ret Paladin 5.3 hero chimes in to say how horrible (When its really not) Ret survivability is and argues that they're balanced. I'm tired of these trash hybrid melee specs like Ret and Enhancement who show up once in a blue moon to cause a complete annoyance to people like me who play real melee classes (as retarded and unskilled that they are lol). Hopefully, Blizzard puts this trash (Ret, enhance) back in their place at to the bottom of the garbage can where they belong.
    This is a misnomer I've debated with Verain many times. While "Warriors" aren't doing as well as Rets, when we say Warriors we don't really mean all warrior specs - we mean Arms. Blizzard tries to actively keep Prot out of Arenas, and seems completely dis-interested in making Fury PvP viable: so since pretty much Vanilla - Arms has been the only Warrior spec of consequence (with a few rare instances that lasted less than a season each time). Once we start saying Arms, and stop saying Warriors - the complaint kind of falls apart - 'Ret is doing better than Arms!' isn't nearly as big an issue.

The last time I had this debate was in 5.0, when it was "Shadow is doing better than Rogues!" But when we say Rogues, we mean Subtlety - because Combat and Mutilate weren't being supported for PvP at all, and they were terrified of making Subtlety overpowered - so they instead chose to do nothing at all.

Mists of Pandaria has proven really bizarre in terms of class representation in Arenas. Unlike in past expansions where people were more bound to their class - they respecced but far fewer rerolled - I feel like in MoP - rerolling to be a specific spec is much more common. Everyone tries to be one of the handful of the top 5 comps right now - because either you play a rank 1 capable comp, or you get wrecked: comp diversity is extremely low right now. In the past, I feel like we mixed and matched classes a lot more, and with greater success - that doesn't seem to be the case anymore - now it's either you play KFC / Shatreeplay / Thugcleave / PHD (depending on the patch) - or you lose.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I think its pretty safe to assume mages will always be at the top. I'm going with mages lol
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Deleted
    If huntards are still as OP as they are now, I'm quitting wow. I'm not kidding. I'm sick to hit bgs with my ww monk and half the enemy raid is fucking untouchable huntards who faceroll their cds and kill you in 4 sec.

I mostly do pvp and if the situation holds up, I'm done, really.

Deleted
    Mists of Pandaria has proven really bizarre in terms of class representation in Arenas. Unlike in past expansions where people were more bound to their class - they respecced but far fewer rerolled - I feel like in MoP - rerolling to be a specific spec is much more common.
    catch up system, EZ geting pve trinkets and gear scaling made fotming really easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    Yea I think its pretty safe to assume mages will always be at the top. I'm going with mages lol
    Mages have never been at the top. They're mid tier at best right now and will probably dogshit unless they nerf elemental which they won't.

It's a joke that this games pvp has been hijacked by trash hybrid specs. Every class that can heal should be only viable with their healing spec because every pure dps has only one viable pvp spec. It would be much easier to balance that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages have never been at the top. They're mid tier at best right now and will probably dogshit unless they nerf elemental which they won't.

It's a joke that this games pvp has been hijacked by trash hybrid specs. Every class that can heal should be only viable with their healing spec because every pure dps has only one viable pvp spec. It would be much easier to balance that way.
    i dunno about never, man. never is a strong word ^^.

i agree with most of what you said after that first sentence tho.. hybrid success in dps roles is irritating because if hybrids excel in that area there is literally no place for pure dps really unless they piggy back a hybrid.

if you think about it.. it's really a 'wtf' type of thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    Has it ever not been mage? Even when DK's that that season where they were unstoppable they paired with mages.
    What about right now? Mage is hardly a top class right now, although they're still strong, just outshone by Hunters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shatreeplay has been rank 1 capable all expansion except in 5.0 when hunters instantly killed everyone else in the room as soon as the doors opened - you may not have noticed it, but Shatreeplay may contain mage nuts. RMP has been rank 1 viable every season through TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm. Whenever burst gets too high and locks are viable, MLS has also been a frequently recurring rank 1 capable comp as well. Not sure what you mean mages have never been top, mages have never had a bad season. By the end of 5.1 in 3v3, when Shatreeplay was at its height - frost mages were the most populous dps spec above 2200 (above shadow, hunters, and warriors - despite shadowpriests also being in shatreeplay, and many hunters/warriors camping their KFC teams).

Most hybrids often only have one viable PvP spec as well. For priests Shadow was the only option until 5.2 brought back Focused Will - in 5.4 Disc will be the only priest option. For Paladins Holy was the only option until 5.2 buffed rets and nerfed holy - now Ret is the only option. For most of Shaman history Resto is the only option.

I'd hardly say the game is hijacked by hybrids, when you look through the best comps of this expansion:
    KFC - warrior(hybrid) + hunter(pure)
    Shatreeplay - shadow(hybrid) + mage(pure)
    MLD - lock(pure) + mage(pure)
    Thugcleave - rogue(pure) + hunter(pure)
    PHD - feral(hybrid) + hunter(pure)

As a warrior main, why can't you just be content in being an RBG tank? You're good at that. It's the same complaint you're making about 'all hybrids should be healers': should all warriors be RBG tanks, and arms and fury be non-viable? Should only hunters, rogues, locks and mages be able to DPS? That game sounds terrible.

Edit: Also I should point out, the whole mindset of 'hybrid' and 'pure' is archaic, dating back to TBC class distinctions and focused support roles that no longer exist.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-06-24 at 10:08 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter