Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Also, anyone fight an Exile yet?

In act 2 norm and have yet to find one...
    Found one in Act 2 Normal, the bear cave. Some fancy looking Templar leaping about and hitting me with glacial blow.

http://i.imgur.com/O5Xt01N.jpg
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Fought against one in act 2. Wander summoner. Didn't drop anything all that special, also spawned in the same room as the unique chaos dmg zombie.

Still haven't found an exile. About to hit act 3 normie.

I am looking for the exiles while I clear the maps for the challenges. Getting nada.

Added note: Onslaught FP Witch died to the crab boss in the depths. Was clicking like a mad woman trying to get away, but I think he got me with a stun just at the end of his reach. Was a dumb move to go for the skill point. :L

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am looking for the exiles while I clear the maps for the challenges. Getting nada.
    If they can spawn anywhere your best bet is to just run ledge, fast and linear. That's if you're only hunting for them specifically.

No, no. I'm not "hunting" them specifically. Although I do want to fight them!

I heard they can't spawn in Act 1 normal. Will have to try to spam through ledge when I get to cruel. Which I am not at just yet.

I've downed 2 Exiles thus far, both in Act 2 Normal. One was a rain of arrows archer, and the other was a summoner. I like that they have a variety of cosmetic add-ons (emerald arrows, mini pet, footprints, etc), which makes them stand out a bit more than your standard unique monster.

Overall, I'm liking the challenges. I don't think I'll be able to get them all, but they're fun to keep track of. I've been doing full clears on Anarchy and just made it to Sarn. I'm liking the new jewelry, but I haven't figured out how to craft them yet. The Passive challenge looks to be the most interesting to me, though I can see this taking a lot of Regrets. Spend 1-3 points to get a nearby node, then Regret them back and move on with your build. Still, it's going to take a number of distinctively different builds, which will keep things interesting. Getting all the uniques, however, is going to be annoying.

I've been a busy beaver. About to finish normal on my first Onslaught character, just finished normal on my first anarchy character. Couldn't even play most of the first day since the patch came out two hours before my weekly D&D game. Should have just said fuck my friends, tshirt more important.

Oh, and I killed an Exile in Act 3 norm. He was a sword and board guy that used Enduring Cry and some skill I didn't recognize, which I think may have just been cleave with a cosmetic effect on it. Looked like a giant red claw when he swung his sword. He was very easy, that is, slightly more damage than a "typical" rare with maybe 5 times the effective health. It was in Barracks and Gravicius was harder, for anyone that's curious.

Just ran into my 3rd Exile. Whirling Blade, Viper Strike, and I think the occasional Flicker Strike (though that could have just been odd syncs due to Whirling Blades). Very nasty, on Cruel. Of course, they were in the Cove, surrounded by a ton of enemies, and there was nowhere to kite them to without running into more enemies.

i ran into my third earlier today only to find he was one i fought an killed before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone getting lag spikes every few minutes lately? The spikes happen ever minute or 2, it is really annoying.

GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

there have been people complaining about lag spikes since 0.11.0(more than usual) those that have posted about it on the forums were asked to run WinMTR and post the results, and those that have usualy find that their ISP is doing something daft.
    But tbh it could just be a combo of the new 4 month leagues a influx of new players and old returning to play in them and it being the weekend

I had some nasty packet loss over the weekend, but they were ISP-related. Lost a HC witch I was working on due to that, and almost lost my Ranger but I was able to Alt-F4 before death was registered. As for non-ISP-related issues, the game has been running fine for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost lost my 30 onslaught char twice due to my nvidia 780 driver black screens last night, so I driversweept and went to stock 780 drivers and still happens /sigh. Also the spiking was on my end, I guess my ISP doesn't like me watching twitch or netflix so I get a 50% packetloss one one of the tracert jumps.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Almost died yesterday due massive fps drop (something bad was happening on my comp with other programs). Got almost heartattack

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/434870

Season Three starts this weekend, and the signature event will be the new Descent Races, which sounds quite interesting.

Descent sounds awesome. I know I'll at least try a few of them.

So how's everyone's progress in the new leagues so far?

Personally, I haven't completed any challenges yet, but that's just because I know it's pointless to waste time grabbing the low hanging fruit right now. I'm currently 77 in Anarchy on my witch, trying to build up my map pool. 12/13 On rogue exiles, 14 of 90 on uniques. I also have a 54 marauder in onslaught.

I'm pleased with the progress I've made so far, and I'm confidant that if RNG goes my way just a little bit I can complete all the challenges. The one that scares me the most is the map one though. 77 Maps are so damn hard to get to. I may end up paying someone to let me put their maps in the device if map RNG doesn't go my way. Also, I play solo, (or duo with a friend) which pretty much means I'm fighting with both feet in a bucket. But I will persevere!

The hardest to get challenges will be the unique and passive once.

I have a 66 FP is onslaught with a couple of lower chars and a 83 discharger in anarchy. Must say I'm a bit disappointed with the fact that it's so advantageous for me to keep going in anarchy if I aim to complete all the challenges as the character and currencies will mean nothing to me once the 4 months is up.

Other than that I'm having a blast, I'm at 11/32/21/1/31/33/44/41 on the challenges so far for 215/512 completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    The hardest to get challenges will be the unique and passive once.

I have a 66 FP is onslaught with a couple of lower chars and a 83 discharger in anarchy. Must say I'm a bit disappointed with the fact that it's so advantageous for me to keep going in anarchy if I aim to complete all the challenges as the character and currencies will mean nothing to me once the 4 months is up.

Other than that I'm having a blast, I'm at 11/32/21/1/31/33/44/41 on the challenges so far for 215/512 completed.
    I consider the passives to be one of the easier ones. Should only take about 20-30 characters getting to level 35 or so to finish. Once you have a good stockpile of uniques you can use race strategies and get 35 in like an hour and a half. You should be able to knock out the notable and keystone passives one in like 3 days tops, with absolutely no RNG.

The 90 uniques will be difficult. Someone on Reddit did the math, and it's about 75-120 exalts worth of gear. Difficult, but far from impossible. The maps are by far more scary to me. Look at Kripparrian; rolling his own maps and playing with a full group, he didn't even see a 77 map drop until he was almost 92. And maps that high are expensive as fuck to buy, as people typically will spend multiple exalts just rolling them, so you'll have to give up an arm and a leg to buy one, or get ridiculously lucky with map RNG.

I'm actually not at all scared of needing to vendor a 6 link oddly enough. I'll just farm normal ledge with a full set of rarity gear until a Tabula Rasa drops lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I consider the passives to be one of the easier ones. Should only take about 20-30 characters getting to level 35 or so to finish. Once you have a good stockpile of uniques you can use race strategies and get 35 in like an hour and a half. You should be able to knock out the notable and keystone passives one in like 3 days tops, with absolutely no RNG.
    You might be right, even so I'd say that is one of the more tedious once.

The 90 uniques will be difficult. Someone on Reddit did the math, and it's about 75-120 exalts worth of gear. Difficult, but far from impossible.
    Looking at the price of exalteds I'd say it's harder than you think. That's what, 4-6000 chaos with the current prices. Without getting lucky with a few of the rare once you're fairly screwed.

The maps are by far more scary to me. Look at Kripparrian; rolling his own maps and playing with a full group, he didn't even see a 77 map drop until he was almost 92. And maps that high are expensive as fuck to buy, as people typically will spend multiple exalts just rolling them, so you'll have to give up an arm and a leg to buy one, or get ridiculously lucky with map RNG.
    Perhaps, still don't see it being that hard in the end as you could literally buy your way to the once you need in the end, expensive for sure but up to 70 maps are easy to come by.

I'm actually not at all scared of needing to vendor a 6 link oddly enough. I'll just farm normal ledge with a full set of rarity gear until a Tabula Rasa drops lol.
    Yeah need to go farm for that one as well if it doesn't drop in one of my maps/docks runs.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-06-25 at 11:07 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing again shortly after 0.11. Got bored of my EK witch and made a LA ranger instead. Got kind of lucky when I bought a Voll's Protector chest for like 2 chaos, then jeweler's it to 6 sockets and linked 4 of them. I wanted to try discharge because blowing up every mob in a screen's region is hilarious, but sadly I don't have the gear to go along with the Voll's so I sold it for 2 exalted orbs and bought a crappy Lioneye's Glare with that and a bunch of other orbs. I actually found a 6s/5l white armor in a rare map I did and alc'ed it with life/es + 2 low resists.

Apparently luck was with me yesterday as I was doing maps in a public group and a Sharvonne's Wrappings dropped off the boss in Overgrown Ruin, allocated to me. Already blew 80 jewelers so far to try to get it 6 socketed, but no luck so far...started with 3 sockets, ended with 2. Just going to keep farming on my ranger. Now I am looking at builds that are centered around this amazing chest piece and I think I am going to try to make a low life/righteous fire/pain attunement + discharger for extreme lols once I get other pieces of gear so I can sustain RF infinitely with a decent amount of ES.