Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Ty!

Shoulder - Student Mantle (crafted, pstory)
    Top - Whispers Garb (order)
    Gloves - Embroidered Gloves (crafted, pstory)
    Bottom - Feathered Pants (crafted, pstory)
    Boots - Sorcerer's Shoes (t3 cultural)

Greatsword - Ebon Vanguard Greatsword (Fields of Ruin karma vendor - I also went all out and got a couple Ebon Vanguard Swords for my weapon swap to complete the look)
    Thanks! I'll definitely keep an eye out for those swords. I wanted to go the winged look, but the best I'd found so far was the Light Sword/Seraph blade. They look cool, but the Ebon Vanguards look much better wielded.

I can't post pictures or links yet, but I will soon. :P

Nikotesla, my Asura Pirate Engineer

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post

hmm id love to know your slider settings for your asura

the face is so cute!
    Thank you! Erm, I'm not sure how to give you my slider settings, other than to take a screenshot while in the character creation. I have a makeover kit I can open up and not actually use in order to screenie the settings. If there is an easier way, someone feel free to educate me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Aw hell naw, you take that back, mine is cuter.

Take this.

And that.

And as you're still reeling from the shock, take this!
    Yes, I blatantly copied Xuvial when making that character Yay is adorable!
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    There really needs to be a Mass-Effect-style character code available, something which converts all the custom sliders/options into an alpha-numerical sequence that you can save and share.

But on the other side of the coin, the game would lose a lot of originality as you'll start seeing lots of similar faces popping up and forums getting flooded with "best code pls!". Possibly a whole site dedicated to faces like what happened with Mass Effect lol.

There really is a STAGGERING number of unique looks you can get with the combination of base-faces, body shapes and custom sliders, I haven't played too many other MMO's but I think so far GW2 tops them all.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Aye, would be nice to be able to share slider settings more easily. I see what you're saying about losing originality, but sometimes it is nice to recreate a look you like an awful lot.
    The best MMO I have personally played for character customisation is Champions Online. Shame the game itself was not too great. I really loved the look of the character I made on there. Right down to changing the colour of spell effects.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

There really is a STAGGERING number of unique looks you can get with the combination of base-faces, body shapes and custom sliders, I haven't played too many other MMO's but I think so far GW2 tops them all.
    Like this?!

I like to have fun with my throw-away BLC key farmers. This one I tried to make as sad looking as possible and I think I succeeded. I usually skip over the cut scenes, but watching her facial expression be this for everything everyone said to her was too humorous:

"I... really don't want to be a hero. Please, stop asking me to do dangerous things!"

Personally, I think most female Asuran faces are kind of terrible. Xuvial's/Yay's and mine (below) are the only two I really like:

Last edited by Lane; 2013-06-25 at 01:22 PM.

Well there are a few games that have more options for faces (Aion and EVE Online come to mind) but GW2 does pretty well in that regard I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Thank you! Erm, I'm not sure how to give you my slider settings, other than to take a screenshot while in the character creation. I have a makeover kit I can open up and not actually use in order to screenie the settings. If there is an easier way, someone feel free to educate me!

Yes, I blatantly copied Xuvial when making that character Yay is adorable!
    after playing tera i try to find sliders for characters people have already made as im just too lazy to spend hours on making a character only to hate the class or something and delete it.. for my asura i basically took the sliders of the default female necromancer on char screen and gave it to my mesmer it looks nice but mesmer just doesnt seem all that great tbh

can someone tell me how to make Hi-Res screenshots? I can't find this option in the menu anymore... There was such an option in the past, I'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    can someone tell me how to make Hi-Res screenshots? I can't find this option in the menu anymore... There was such an option in the past, I'm sure.
    No idea what you're talking about o_O
    The screenshots are taken at your game resolution. So I just max out my settings (minus shadows and textures, keep that at native) and hit the screenie button.

No idea what you're talking about o_O
    The screenshots are taken at your game resolution. So I just max out my settings (minus shadows and textures, keep that at native) and hit the screenie button.
    I assume he's referring to the original in game hotkey for Hi-Res screenshots, which never worked in beta and was removed, IIRC, in BWE2 or 3. But yes, any screenshots will be at your current game settings (yay for always running at max settings )

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

The game automatically saves to a worse quality than possible. If you use 3rd party software to take screenshots (fraps,...) this doesn't happen. There's also another program that makes it possible to adjust your ingame brightness/contrast colours etc but I can't recall the name of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me the ingame screenshot utility and FRAPS produces identical screenshots. I've gone as far as comparing them zoomed 500%, super-imposing them, etc in Photoshop and then trying to do a blind test to see which one I "thought" was better quality but in the end I just can't tell the difference.

But I am aware for others the ingame screenshot produces some pretty terrible shit, like REALLY pixelated outlines and iffy textures despite them having their own settings on High/Ultra.

It seems to vary o_O
    Best just use Fraps.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do you add screens period.. ive tried and only ended up ruining pictures without anyway of reversing it

10+ Year Old Account
    how do you add screens period.. ive tried and only ended up ruining pictures without anyway of reversing it
    What do you mean "add screens"? You hit the PrintScreen button to use the ingame screenshot (and it will tell you in the chatbox exactly where it saved it) OR you can use something like FRAPS to take a screenshot, that one you have to set yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    they were removed due to terrain ghosting in some of the screenshots. if someone can tell me a site i can upload 100-200mb screenshots i can show you the difference between them.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    You can take bitmap pictures instead of default jpeg. This id done with "-bmp" command line.
    -bmp
    Forces the game to create lossless screenshots as .BMP files. Use for creating high-quality screenshots at the expense of much larger files.
    Here are the instructions how to add bitmap command.
    1. Right click on your GW2.exe and click create shortcut.
    2. Right click on your GW2 shortcut and select 'Properties'.
    3. In the 'Target Area' field you will see the location of your Guild Wars executable file: "<...>\Gw2.exe"
    4. Write the desired command line arguments after the quote marks, each beginning with a space: "<...>\Gw2.exe" -bmp

For more info see gw2 wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean "add screens"? You hit the PrintScreen button to use the ingame screenshot (and it will tell you in the chatbox exactly where it saved it) OR you can use something like FRAPS to take a screenshot, that one you have to set yourself.
    i mean to the forum you derp

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean to the forum you derp
    That's why you gotta be specific :P

First you upload your image to the web, i.e. go to www.imgur.com > upload from computer > find image > start upload > then it will give you a whole bunch of links on the right side, you want to select the "direct link (email & IM)" and copy it, then on the forums here you use the image tags like so:

Code:
    [img] [/img]
    And paste the direct link between those tags.

And viola, the image will be added. But do keep in mind that super-huge images are discouraged because they don't fit too well with the website's layout, so instead I recommend dropping down where it says "Original image" and clicking on "Large Thumbnail" instead.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-06-29 at 09:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

My ele in colours for July 4th. :3