Deleted

Recruit a friend dilema.

Ment Scroll of Resurrection, sorry

So my 10 day Pandaria trial ran out and my Monk is stuck at 65 so I'm curious about two things.

Will I still be able to play my monk if I get recruited?

and

Is there a good write anywhere that covers how to actually play ever Class in detail? If you are curious about what I mean it's the fact that if I make an instant level 80 I won't have a clue about how to play that character and I hate that I always make sure that I play the class as efficiently as possible when I level and that translates to me playing the game decently well when I get to max level (at least in the past).

So where could I get an in-depth guide for different classes (I'm not sure what class I'm going to pick)
    Last edited by mmoc797e9b2396; 2013-06-25 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Icyveins is where I go for info on how to play a spec.

Is the account you created the monk on a trial account( the free to level 20-thing)+10 day trial for mop( is that even possible?) or have you purchased vanilla/battlechest for it before? Because if your account has been upgraded to a vanilla account before you cannot be recruited on it, you'd have to make a new one and make a new monk or whatever( but it can be under the same bnet account. )
    ?
    You speak of instant level 80's, are you confusing RAF with Scroll of ressurection?

Quote Originally Posted by Arent View Post
    So my 10 day Pandaria trial ran out and my Monk is stuck at 65 so I'm curious about two things.

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: To be eligible for RAF - you need to create an account by clicking the invite link. This obviously will be a different account from the one you have your monk on (Regardless of whether its a Cataclysm account or a full blown trial account).

I am not sure what the rules are regarding character transfer between accounts - but the last I heard (you will need to check this out before you decide anything) as long as the WoW accounts are linked to the same Battle.net account, you are allowed to xfer characters from one to the other. This will involve an additional payment to Blizzard even if it is an option for you so bear that in mind as well.

Is there a good write anywhere that covers how to actually play ever Class in detail? If you are curious about what I mean it's the fact that if I make an instant level 80 I won't have a clue about how to play that character and I hate that I always make sure that I play the class as efficiently as possible when I level and that translates to me playing the game decently well when I get to max level (at least in the past).

So where could I get an in-depth guide for different classes (I'm not sure what class I'm going to pick)
    Would recommend that you not use the insta-level option at all... its fine for a returning player who wants to roll a new toon for example - but if you are totally new, I pretty much guarantee that a level 80 will be way too complicated to handle, your mileage will vary depending on class/spec of course - but even the simplest classes are not all that simple by the time you are 80.

PLUS - you are cheating yourself of a lot of content/quests/playtime. Contrary to what a lot of people think, WoW is not just about the game at level cap. Believe me, if you are willing to go into the world and quest instead of just chaining instances - the game can be extremely enjoyable while levelling up without the stress of dealing with the nutcase wannabe hardcore types floating around at level cap.

TLR - pace yourself and enjoy the game for everything it offers - there is more to it than level 90 raid/challenge mode/arena/rbg

Why is he stuck? Afaik you have to have Cata before you can use the MoP trial, so you can level to 85. The least you can do is level to 80 though, as a basic account is now Classic + TBC + WOTLK.
    NVM, confused with Pandaren. Monk is MoP only of course.

No, you need to create a new account with the link you get from the recruiter. You can transfer your Monk to that account if the last name on both accounts is the same.
    Last edited by Amerissis; 2013-06-25 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodall View Post
    Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: To be eligible for RAF - you need to create an account by clicking the invite link. This obviously will be a different account from the one you have your monk on (Regardless of whether its a Cataclysm account or a full blown trial account).

I am not sure what the rules are regarding character transfer between accounts - but the last I heard (you will need to check this out before you decide anything) as long as the WoW accounts are linked to the same Battle.net account, you are allowed to xfer characters from one to the other. This will involve an additional payment to Blizzard even if it is an option for you so bear that in mind as well.

Would recommend that you not use the insta-level option at all... its fine for a returning player who wants to roll a new toon for example - but if you are totally new, I pretty much guarantee that a level 80 will be way too complicated to handle, your mileage will vary depending on class/spec of course - but even the simplest classes are not all that simple by the time you are 80.

PLUS - you are cheating yourself of a lot of content/quests/playtime. Contrary to what a lot of people think, WoW is not just about the game at level cap. Believe me, if you are willing to go into the world and quest instead of just chaining instances - the game can be extremely enjoyable while levelling up without the stress of dealing with the nutcase wannabe hardcore types floating around at level cap.

TLR - pace yourself and enjoy the game for everything it offers - there is more to it than level 90 raid/challenge mode/arena/rbg
    Recruit reffer whatever... and I don't think there are many people with a couple hundred posts on MMO with no prior exp with wow

Recruit reffer whatever... and I don't think there are many people with a couple hundred posts on MMO with no prior exp with wow
    lol - just noticed, but the number of posts can be pretty misleading... been on WoW for more than 4 years, mmo-champion for 3 and my post count is just 19

Quote Originally Posted by Jodall View Post

Unless you're on a pvp server then questing is just getting ganked every 20 seconds