Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Battletron showed me that I needed the 8 sec immunity to live through the enrage to finish him off (and it was very close even then) and that's 30K less DPS needed than Hexos with MUCH easier tactics. Hell, beating Battletron was down to prepotting and then potting again after 1 min and timing my doomguard to be up through the last 1 minute of the fight (20% extra damage below 20%). If I hadn't used both pots and even the buff from Herbalism (sure it's not much, but this is how close it was), I wouldn't have beat the enrage. Essentially, my max sustained DPS as destro is around 76K, but that's absolutely pushing everything out. This was also with full group buffs, flasks, food, etc. I tried it as affliction but survival was an issue due to the zap. DPS was pretty similar as well, perhaps a little less (I'm flaky with affliction 'rotation', so that's a factor). So, Hexos is very much out of range for me right now. I figure I'll probably need full 510 before I try it again.
    There's no way, absolutely no way your max sustained DPS is 76k with 500 item level gear and full potions/flask/buffs. Let alone a 2 minute fight with doomguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    This is not a QQ thread. I understand that Brawler's was meant as a solo-progression dungeon thing.

There are fights that are easy, and some that are hard - depending on class. I experienced this both play as my Elemental shaman in there, and while spectating. EG: I played and killed the Giraffe pretty easily in a matter of seconds thanks to Elem-Ascendance and Lifeblood+Hero. While I've watched some unfortunate melee's fall prey to him. There was Battletron, which was just a pain. And there was Dark Summoner, who while I didn't find him ridiculously hard, as he took me maybe 5-7 tries to kill him: the ghosts melee attacks I can understand would have cause a right mess for other classes (Not to mention their random spawn locations. Blehck.).

But I have some questions and would like to here your opinions on Rank 8. And I do understand that as Rank 8+ was released in 5.3, the gear and DPS expectations would have risen.

- Is Hexos one of those sporadic wall fights in the Brawler's progression?
    Personally, I had the maze down in like 2 tries, but the only problem I have with him is killing him. I get him to 17% before the fire kills me at the end of a fight. I'm doing all that I can think of, so this isn't a Shaman specific question.
    - Are the fights after him as bad as him?
    - Are we expected to have at least ToT LFR gear before we start this?

And specifically for Hexos: What Class, Spec, iLvl were you when you beat him?
    I'm a Elemental Shaman at 493/499 (my Enh set has some higher lvl armor pieces). So I'm pretty sure that Might be the problem. Hoping to get some feedback though as to whether it IS a gear check or if it is meant to be a "wall" fight.
    I know this may sound harsh, but i feel also need to be said.

If you have trouble with enrage on ANYTHING as a class with bloodlust you need to REALLY improve your game.Period.

On my main (monk) it took me about ~80 trys combined to kill everything on rank8+rank9. On my mage (20 ilvl less) i oneshotted everything from bruce to ahoo'ru including rare challengers (yes, i know, 5.1 stuff). Why you ask? Bloodlust is why.

Now onto your questions: Hexos is probably a wall fight, provided you need to look at your skills to do decent DPS, if you have everything binded + a clean UI hexos simply falls over. The DPS requeriment is a bit under 100k DPS, and anyone can sustain 100k DPS over 2 minutes with double pot (if you don't pot, buy them, brawler's guild ones are dirt cheap, and help a ton).

The fights after him... let's check:
    chicken throwing guy - as melee it's hard-ish, as ranged... yeah. Cast while moving.
    dual mode robot - as a non healing class you may need to time your CDs with stuns, if you can offheal it's a free kill
    anthracite - prepot stun bl ascendance whateverthehellelseyougot, on 10 seconds left on stun kill another water, refill, restun, kill
    big badda boom - same deal as dual mode robot, heal a bit and kill, that's about as easy as it gets being a healing-able class.
    nibbleh - did i mention casting while moving? Just don't try as melee, as hitbox is TINY
    doctor fist - nigh-impossible to wipe there. Stay at range, when he closes in just go out again.
    ahoo'ru - well, let's just say that fight is about 1 min long and bl lasts 45 seconds. Queue, kill, buy mount.

EDIT: @Chonar: You are the one that must face the empty spots, forget about the boss, your position is what matters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Killed Hexos at around 508 on my ele shaman. One thing to take note of is your talents. You want to make your rotation as simple as possible so spec out of ele blast (if you take it). Other than that it's just knowing your rotation really well as you don't really have time to look anywhere except the center of the screen.
    Id like to know if you used your earth and fire elementals at all? I tried it before, but on that attemp I died to a maze wall so I didnt get to see how low I got him. However I did notice that he was moving around far to much so my elemental seemed to hardly hit him.

So I ended up using my searing totem since then. Ive tried elemental blast, but it was far too annoying for my rotation to use. So ive just been using the unleashed fury talent.

Also, would it be more effective to burn all of my CDs at the start or throughout the fight? Ive never had to plan out a fight like this before.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Hexos works mostly like a target dummy, just doing the maze.

Just go to a target dummy, practice for 2 minutes until you can do it without looking, then go to hexos and do the maze while maintaining your rotation. It's that simple.

Almost every brawler's boss is mechanic dependant, the only time when DPS is somewhat required is on ahoo'ru, and even there it can be mostly ignored by perfectly executing phase 1, and a bit of rng on angel's spawns

This is not a QQ thread. I understand that Brawler's was meant as a solo-progression dungeon thing.

There are fights that are easy, and some that are hard - depending on class. I experienced this both play as my Elemental shaman in there, and while spectating. EG: I played and killed the Giraffe pretty easily in a matter of seconds thanks to Elem-Ascendance and Lifeblood+Hero. While I've watched some unfortunate melee's fall prey to him. There was Battletron, which was just a pain. And there was Dark Summoner, who while I didn't find him ridiculously hard, as he took me maybe 5-7 tries to kill him: the ghosts melee attacks I can understand would have cause a right mess for other classes (Not to mention their random spawn locations. Blehck.).

But I have some questions and would like to here your opinions on Rank 8. And I do understand that as Rank 8+ was released in 5.3, the gear and DPS expectations would have risen.

- Is Hexos one of those sporadic wall fights in the Brawler's progression?
    Personally, I had the maze down in like 2 tries, but the only problem I have with him is killing him. I get him to 17% before the fire kills me at the end of a fight. I'm doing all that I can think of, so this isn't a Shaman specific question.
    - Are the fights after him as bad as him?
    - Are we expected to have at least ToT LFR gear before we start this?

And specifically for Hexos: What Class, Spec, iLvl were you when you beat him?
    I'm a Elemental Shaman at 493/499 (my Enh set has some higher lvl armor pieces). So I'm pretty sure that Might be the problem. Hoping to get some feedback though as to whether it IS a gear check or if it is meant to be a "wall" fight.
    It's not really a gear check. Stop assuming its everything else but your skill and get better.

Jesus, what ever happened to the days when something was challenging, people kept trying until they succeed. It's not just this thread either. I constantly get whispers from people in Brawlers Guild wanting to know how to kill it.... Figure it out.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I've no idea how to beat Hexos. My MS is always around the 30s and on *my screen*, he doesnt seem to hit the walls at all. Still, random deaths for no discernable reason even though I felt like I was piloting him perfectly through the gaps. One of the most frustrating encounters in WoW sofar, tempted to just give up on him. Sick and tired of dying after 3 seconds due to... fuck if I know, since he didnt hit no walls visually, but the game thinks differently.
    Hexos doesn't matter, it's you who can't hit the walls. Just ignore Hexos and focus on your own character 'moving' through the maze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    It's not really a gear check. Stop assuming its everything else but your skill and get better.

Jesus, what ever happened to the days when something was challenging, people kept trying until they succeed. It's not just this thread either. I constantly get whispers from people in Brawlers Guild wanting to know how to kill it.... Figure it out.
    Gear can only do so much, and skill can only do so much. If youve perfected your skill, then the only logical way to improve your dps is through gearing. Likewise, you can have an iLvl of 522 but you still need skill, else you do bugger all dps wise.

Also, would it be more effective to burn all of my CDs at the start or throughout the fight? Ive never had to plan out a fight like this before.
    Per what you mentioned re: elemental blast, if you find it "annoying" to use because Hexos, then you might want to spec primal elementalist. If you find it annoying to use period, you just need to improve your play overall.

Since you don't have an execute and because of how RPPM trinkets work assuming you are taking at least 5 minute breaks between pulls and given that you can prepot Hexos, you want to use everything at the start.

Gear can only do so much, and skill can only do so much. If youve perfected your skill, then the only logical way to improve your dps is through gearing. Likewise, you can have an iLvl of 522 but you still need skill, else you do bugger all dps wise.
    Please... just don't go there. Especially considering your earlier comments/questions.

Rank 9 Nibbleh and whatever rank the fire guy is are two of the stupiest fights. It all RNG based. Nibbleh can spit on himself and enrage and kill you and the fireguy despawns his adds that you need to kill, if he despawns the add that you have at 20% hp, you wont have the dps to kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Per what you mentioned re: elemental blast, if you find it "annoying" to use because Hexos, then you might want to spec primal elementalist. If you find it annoying to use period, you just need to improve your play overall.

Since you don't have an execute and because of how RPPM trinkets work assuming you are taking at least 5 minute breaks between pulls and given that you can prepot Hexos, you want to use everything at the start.

Please... just don't go there. Especially considering your earlier comments/questions.
    I think after this thread it's become rather obvious it depends on the class, "skill" (rotation, CDs, etc.), and iLvl. So I regret nothing.

I think after this thread it's become rather obvious it depends on the class, "skill" (rotation, CDs, etc.), and iLvl. So I regret nothing.
    I think this was obvious before your thread. The point is, no single factor is the reason you can't kill a Brawler's boss, obviously improving your gear is one way to make things easier.

So is improving your rotation, your cooldown planning, and your talent/glyph setup (i.e. realizing that Hexos is a particularly difficult boss to execute a perfect rotation on, unless you cheat, so you may want to prefer passive talents to active ones). Or as you like to put in quotes, "skill."

The regular Rank 8-10 bosses are not particularly difficult and can be done undergeared, some classes such as yours (elemental shaman) have an easier time doing it undergeared than others. The "challenge card" ones can be more difficult, Mingus Diggs is difficult even with relatively good gear (but even he has been done by people who are relatively undergeared).
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-06-25 at 04:03 PM.

Hexos was awful but once you get used to every pattern he sends at you, you learn to react perfectly.

The only way to do it properly is use your mouse to turn. I haven't met anyone who's made it work with their keyboard.

Other than that? The rest of the Rank 8 bosses are a joke.

Rank 9 is when shit gets real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

As an update I killed Hexos last night as a 506 iLevel Monk doing just over 103k DPS

My goal was to try and do it with as little gear as possible and I was pretty close to enrage but hey :P

I found the maze part of Hexos easy but not having played in a while before I started trying I really had no muscle memory for my rotation and was constantly checking for RSK cooldown. WeakAuras fixed that and the kill was fairly smooth!

If you want to feel justified in smashing your keyboard into a million pieces, try doing Nibbleh as a frost mage.

Only fight so far where I've felt my only recourse was to respec fire. 2 tries later, he's dead. I hate that snake.

Deleted
    It's pretty annoying that it's entirely gear based under a timer. I understand with people waiting in queue like, but there could have been a better way. The only thing that has EVER killed me in there is that bastard fire raining timer.

Deleted
    Before I log shut down and go to work: When you died at 17%, was it because of a death in the maze, or from the time-limit?
    I died from maze

Deleted
    I had no problems with Hexos as 510 ret, but after him there's no other wall except maybe Nibbleh in rank 9, or Ahoo'ru.

Did it like on my 5th try or something, totally cocked up my rotation as I was focusing hard on my position, still got it down though. 520-525 ilevel I think, WW Monk (offspec)

The rest are pretty easy in comparison, the only one that's somewhat difficult I guess is Nibbleh for melee (and casters who can't move and cast).

Ahoo'ru was a bit of a pain, but it's just about optimization.

Now I've killed them all and I'd say that the hardest out of all the fights goes something like this probably: Disruptron > Mingus Diggs > Hexos > Ahoo'ru > Nibbleh > The rest of them
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Hexos was a bitch for me, because I pretty much couldn't use stampede because it'd get me killed everytime due to lag. For me personally if I could get past the first 15 seconds I was golden. Out of my 20+ wipes on him probably 15 were actually around 90%. Once my lag died down the fight was, while still challenging, alot easier. Hexos is probably the second hardest boss in Brawler's Guild other than Disruptron. All the bosses in Rank 8 are a walk through after him, but Rank 9 has overall pretty challenging bosses other than Dr. Fist or w/e his name is.