Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Here's why your 'argument' is irrelevent and you need to stop:
    You are claiming that Blizzard should just 'open their wallet' and hire more artists, and fire all their quest designers while they're at it. First off, the second part of that statement is irrelevant. Blizzard's budget is fine, they don't have to fire some of their developers to hire more, so no, your much-malilgned dailies are not responsible for new character models taking a while to get made. They aren't even remotely responsible.

Secondly, Blizzard is totally god damn hiring character artists right now.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...egion=Americas
    So stop. Just stop.
    If you have a problem with my opinion on the matter, maybe you should just add me to ignore. It is my opinion that they need to increase the art dept, even if only for a short time, to respond to the players and give them what they have been asking for, for years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeleNC View Post
    And why is that? Jaina looks great... Tyrande looks even better... Please, enlighten me on your Judgement about what is good and what isn't. I am seeing effort on Blizzards part, to me that shouldn't be nit-picked.
    Because Garrosh and Vol'jin came with animation, the others didn't (and are also older)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    You, and the other content junkies are why this game looks old and rundown. If they laid off the content for awhile, upgraded their coding and their engines, and relaunched, they would be more popular than ever. But instead, they listen to the players who tell them to just turn out more stuff and not to worry about the old stuff.
    Graphics keep you engaged for a few days. Proper content and gameplay can last weeks, months or even years and generally take less effort to create once you have your systems in place.
    Shooting yourself in the foot isn't considered a good business practice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I daresay they'll be previewed and announced with the expansion announcement at blizzcon in november. While you won't need to buy the expansion to get the models (they'll just be part of the 6.0 patch I imagine) they will be a 'selling point' for the expansion - ie to keep people playing (or bring people back)

Deleted
    Heard Dwarfs are done and look amazing, not sure but think humans and orcs are next (that was some months ago)
    ToT and the new Garrosh model give a good impression of their level of skill, of what is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I daresay they'll be previewed and announced with the expansion announcement at blizzcon in november. While you won't need to buy the expansion to get the models (they'll just be part of the 6.0 patch I imagine) they will be a 'selling point' for the expansion - ie to keep people playing (or bring people back)
    That would be nice since they promised them 2 Blizzcons ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    Heard Dwarfs are done and look amazing, not sure but think humans and orcs are next (that was some months ago)
    ToT and the new Garrosh model give a good impression of their level of skill, of what is possible.
    I think we can assume that Dwarves, Orcs and Trolls are done with the information we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    Now if they would just implement them for the playable races...

If you have a problem with my opinion on the matter, maybe you should just add me to ignore. It is my opinion that they need to increase the art dept, even if only for a short time, to respond to the players and give them what they have been asking for, for years.
    Maybe you shouldn't be so aggressive about stuffing it in everybodies face, then. Also, that's spelled "what i want" not "what the players want".

I'm not "pretending" to be anything. I am stating that since there is no originality in questing, it would be a small undertaking to reduce the quest creation team and increase the art department, even if it was just for 90 days. OR, they could actually open that big ole wallet of theirs and hire an extra art design team for 90-180 days to make the new models. Don't just assume my disdain for dailies and my long time want of new character models are mutually exclusive. Unlike some, I can balance my dislike for the way they've handled things so far quite well.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 08:40 AM ----------

You, and the other content junkies are why this game looks old and rundown. If they laid off the content for awhile, upgraded their coding and their engines, and relaunched, they would be more popular than ever. But instead, they listen to the players who tell them to just turn out more stuff and not to worry about the old stuff.
    Why in the world would upgraded graphics cause people to return to a game with the same gameplay. "Oh! It looks better! Better queue up for LFR and start some dailies....wait, this is the same game I quit BEFORE they updated the graphics"

They announced them at Blizzcon 2011 so Ghostcrawlers " they took months to make pandaren " is kinda BS. They've had nearly two years to work on these since they first announced them and secondly they said dwarfs were nearly done. So if I don't see new models with the next expansion I'll be a bit pissed and that's putting it lightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't be so aggressive about stuffing it in everybodies face, then. Also, that's spelled "what i want" not "what the players want".
    I didn't create 16k+ threads on the official site asking for new character models. So, in an effort to compromise with someone like you... "What SOME players want".

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another one who needs a breakdown. Fire 90% of the quest design staff and hire 10 more character artists.

Yeah... NO

Fuck models. You don't see them under gear anyways. Give me more quests any day.

I'm sure they work on more than one model at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Because Garrosh and Vol'jin came with animation, the others didn't (and are also older)
    Woah woah woah! Now we are talking semantics... Either you want new models... or you want new animations and everything, when does it end?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeleNC View Post
    Woah woah woah! Now we are talking semantics... Either you want new models... or you want new animations and everything, when does it end?
    It ends when they finally get it right.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It ends when they finally get it right.

Subjective. They can stop now as they have it right imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Yeah... NO

Fuck models. You don't see them under gear anyways. Give me more quests any day.
    Nice thing about personal opinions. Others don't have to agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    From the front page of Mmo-champion:

If every single player model will take months to make, we might not see them in the next expansion. But if they manage to do them in time, I'm pretty sure that we won't see a new race in the next expansion.

What do you think?
    IMHO i think the new models will be ready for the next expansion, why?

-Blizzard said they already had the Dwarf model ready before MoP
    -Garrosh new model is a sneak peak of the Orcs new model
    -The Female Throll on ToT model is most likely another sneakpeak of the Troll Models
    -They still have 4 months before the Blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Subjective. They can stop now as they have it right imo.
    Hypocrisy much? Your opinion... just as subjective.