Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is, (atleast so I've read, not in possession of any of the legendary meta's myself), believe it does about 10-15% of total damage for a guardian druid on boss fights. So pretty damn nice!

If you dont raid heroic, just go for the dps LMG

but is the dps meta still a good choice post change?
    Yes. Get the DPS meta.

Ideally you would have a helm for each, but the DPS meta is "better" right now. Keep in mind that might change in 5.4.

Deleted
    Thanks for the guide

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Yes. Get the DPS meta.

Ideally you would have a helm for each, but the DPS meta is "better" right now. Keep in mind that might change in 5.4.
    Why would it change? Not an attack, just curious :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Why would it change? Not an attack, just curious :-)
    Cause you cant use the old Legendary weapong gems either. And the meta is very powerful and even scales alot with gear. And everybody would still use them even if they put a ilvl restriction on it. So people will be running aroun with a Head from this tier. So thats why maybe they will change it or maybe not lets see ill hope it stay the way it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    Cause you cant use the old Legendary weapong gems either. And the meta is very powerful and even scales alot with gear. And everybody would still use them even if they put a ilvl restriction on it. So people will be running aroun with a Head from this tier. So thats why maybe they will change it or maybe not lets see ill hope it stay the way it is.
    I think he meant more that the tanking metagem may be better next patch, as I don't think blizzard particularly like having so many tanks NOT taking the tanking metagem.

Quote Originally Posted by Buraan View Post
    I think he meant more that the tanking metagem may be better next patch, as I don't think blizzard particularly like having so many tanks NOT taking the tanking metagem.
    yeah but then they should not have made such a bad LMG for tanks. I doubt they will buff the tank meta for pala druids or monks, they would rather nerf the dps one.
    And they would have to nerf it alot or change the playstyle of the tanks that are using the dps meta and thats not going to happen.

Pretty much this.

They could change the proc rate on the dps meta for tanking specs so that it becomes a lot less attractive

Deleted
    yeah but then they should not have made such a bad LMG for tanks. I doubt they will buff the tank meta for pala druids or monks, they would rather nerf the dps one.
    And they would have to nerf it alot or change the playstyle of the tanks that are using the dps meta and thats not going to happen.
    Pretty sure they would have no issue with nerfing the dps meta to the ground for tanks if they wanted to get us to use the tanking one. Or alternatively making some changes to the tanking one. As for the metagem affecting the playstyle of any tank class, I really have no idea what you're on about. I assure you, its far from impossible that they would make a change to encourage the use of the tanking metagem or deterr tanks from taking the dps metagem.

Deleted
    Tauren or troll as Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Buraan View Post
    Pretty sure they would have no issue with nerfing the dps meta to the ground for tanks if they wanted to get us to use the tanking one. Or alternatively making some changes to the tanking one. As for the metagem affecting the playstyle of any tank class, I really have no idea what you're on about. I assure you, its far from impossible that they would make a change to encourage the use of the tanking metagem or deterr tanks from taking the dps metagem.
    The current tanks are using active mitigation. Palas go for haste, druids for crit and monks for crit and haste. And some dks go for haste. So this also boost their DPS by alot. And high tankdmg not really existing except for a few bosses. They will always take the LMG for dps unless they nerf it to 2-3% of our total dmg than you could thing about using the tanklmg or the 3%crit dmg one again(i would guess druid and monk mainly).

The problem about the tankmeta thats after they changed the swing timers melee dmg is a joke for most of the classes on almost every boss. And the meta proccs random so with 25% uptime you cannot assure the meta proccing when you need it (talons rake and TP) that what makes the meta for dps tanks so much less desirable. Not saying its bad but I for myself hate it tryd it and I found it did not provide a great boost in survivability. Infact my healer didnt even notice that I changed it. Not sure but if they change it I might be going for the 3%critdmg meta again once the DPS LMG drops under 2-3% of my dps.

The curretn problem ist with the changes to swing timer to make SotR more usefull no boss does really high melee tank dmg

Just for some stats, with the legendary DPS Meta.

For Horridon HC (world 9th ranking 25man) it did 11.5% of my DMG, 27.8mil.
    For Jin'Rokh (world 21st ranking 25man) it did 13.1% of my DMG, 7mil.
    (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=126&e=351)

So yeah it's varying from maybe 10-15% of my overall dmg atm. Even if that was nerfed to 5-10% it would still be more than worth it, as the others mentioned the tank meta simply isn't worth it considering the dps gain from the dps meta. Also as others said, even if this was nerfed to the ground for tanks, I doubt I'd use the tank meta, I'd switch back to the crit+3% crit meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    It was (finally) buffed to make it on par with Incarnation for Rage generation. I expect the DPS part to be adjusted soon.
    And indeed the DPS buff is on the main page now: 'Guardian Mangle now generates 30% more Rage and deals 15% more damage.'

Quote Originally Posted by Huangar View Post
    And indeed the DPS buff is on the main page now: 'Guardian Mangle now generates 30% more Rage and deals 15% more damage.'
    Does the feral part work while guardian specced or while unter the effect of hotw, than i might see this talent be very good with HotW. The dmg buff is nice.

On a boss fight with constant vengeance, SotF could pull ahead. Still on fights where you tankswap and cant keep vengeance that high incarnation will still be a better dps cd than SotF. Very nice I like it actually giving us a choice now which one to pick.

Does the feral part work while guardian specced or while unter the effect of hotw
    Highly doubt it, plus you can't have HotW and DoC at the same time anyway.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Highly doubt it, plus you can't have HotW and DoC at the same time anyway.
    Then its a good thing we are talking about the buff to SotF which you can have with HotW.

Not sure if the bear mangle buff would xfer to kitty form during HotW or not. Isn't the bear mangle considered a separate spell from cat mangle still? Someone playing on the PTR will have to answer that.

The new legendary DPS Cloak proc looks nice. Tank proc looks "blah"
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-06-28 at 02:03 AM.

Ah, reading is hard >.<

And yes Bear Mangle and Cat Mangle are different spells.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Soul of the Forest Now! +15% damage to mangle and the bonus rage... I think I like the constant damage increase more than the burst.

How does the Legendary DPS cloak thing work... this is just extra damage that wouldn't affect our rotation right?

---

Goddamn... some of those trinkets are just beastly.
    Last edited by Cyphran; 2013-06-28 at 03:29 AM.