Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post

This is just a part of an annual festival held each year in my country. I think it is the worlds largest brass instrument festival, last year in 4 days 800.000 people visited it. The song that those guys are playing is called Mesecina ( eng. Moonlight ) from a movie directed by Emir Kusturica called Podzemlje ( eng. Underground )
    Not for everyone's taste, but to feel the real power of those instruments you have to see it in person.
    8/10 Looks like a lot of fun. I would definitely want to be there! I like Emir Kusturica. I stumbled on him when you told me about Goran Bregovic weeks ago. Didn't know he's also into movies.

Verse at 2:37 is sung by Gorillaz' Damon Albarn!
    Last edited by Basemath; 2013-06-19 at 09:08 AM.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    10/10 nice song
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    8/10 Looks like a lot of fun. I would definitely want to be there! I like Emir Kusturica. I stumbled on him when you told me about Goran Bregovic weeks ago. Didn't know he's also into movies.
    It really is fun, countless amounts of beer, Rakia ( alcohol drink from Balkan region ), drunk girls and food. I think its more fun then EXIT Music Festival that's starting in less then a month ( 10.july ), but festival is closer and i like that music more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    10/10 nice song
    Feels like something homemade, didnt liked it for some reason 2/10

It's not Tarja but it still was amazing....

Deleted
    8/10 I've heard that song so many times. But I still like it.

Obviously people who are not into this kind of music aren't required to sit through the whole song. But for me, every single second is magical.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-06-21 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    8/10 I've heard that song so many times. But I still like it.

Obviously people who are not into this kind of music aren't required to sit through the whole song. But for me, every single second is magical.
    9/10. i did listen to all 19 minutes & really enjoyed it. parts of it (12:00+) reminded me of the soundtrack to blade runner & that was no bad thing imo.

7/10. Not bad in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Well that was a one weird song. 6.5/10

Good stuff 8/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Good stuff 8/10

\m/
    A little generic of the current metal scene for my tastes (not to say that it is truly generic, but I'm partial to some very experimental and borderline stuff), but it didn't make me want to stop listening at any point. More than I can say about 90% of this thread. So yeah, I'd rate it above average. If nothing else, it's metal. And I can approve of that.

Now then, I'm giving somebody the privilege of hearing this excellent specimen of folk metal. Also a good cautionary tale about why you shouldn't try to steal American gold >=(

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    \m/
    Now then, I'm giving somebody the privilege of hearing this excellent specimen of folk metal. Also a good cautionary tale about why you shouldn't try to steal American gold >=(
    7/10 I think I can perform a magnificent dance to this. A blend of folk dance and head banging that would make everyone laugh out loud at how silly it looks

I think the lyrics to this song are both funny and passionate. He curses 'Mr. Hamilton' for inventing the digital clock. I suppose Mr. Hamilton is the founder of Hamilton Watch Company. They made the first digital electronic watch, and before that they developed the digital clock which was used for the 1968 movie 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    Last edited by Basemath; 2013-06-23 at 09:41 PM.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10/10. I found it awesome, not to mention I'm an old fashion clock lover. (and like steampunk, so cogs ftw)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    10/10. I found it awesome, not to mention I'm an old fashion clock lover. (and like steampunk, so cogs ftw)

6/10

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats121 View Post
    Quite good 8/10 .. For me the magic is from 1:47 to the end.

Now brace yourself, this has a very high chance of unleashing your inner demons if you listen to the whole thing. Song is written n composed by Devin Townsend, vocals by Opeth's Mikael.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite good 8/10 .. For me the magic is from 1:47 to the end.

Now brace yourself, this has a very high chance of unleashing your inner demons if you listen to the whole thing. Song is written n composed by Devin Townsend, vocals by Opeth's Mikael.
    [video=youtube;Ole-zxwxQno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ole-zxwxQno[video]
    That got better as it went. The vocals were a bit heavy for me, but the chanting was pretty cool. And I actually started enjoying it once it picked up speed.
    It was alright. Very primal feeling.

Now since I had to sit through a 10 minute song, I'm going to make somebody listen to the entirety of Elizabeth. Be sure to give a thorough review, to prove that you were metal enough to sit through the whole thing!

Edit: the transitions between parts i, ii, and iii are a little rough because the uploader is apparently bad at editing. Those don't exist on the actual album.
    Last edited by Kalyyn; 2013-06-24 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Now since I had to sit through a 10 minute song, I'm going to make somebody listen to the entirety of Elizabeth. Be sure to give a thorough review, to prove that you were metal enough to sit through the whole thing!
    Loved it. 10/10 N since you asked for a thorough review I actually listened to it twice in a row so really I gave you 30 mins! I especially loved it cuz it's a semi monologue with Elizabeth Bathory as the speaker. According to texts, she was a glorious loony Although her having bathed in the blood of beautiful young girls is just a myth, I guess that's what Kamelot is all about, mythology. As part 1 ended and I realized the voice saying "Elizabeth, wake up" is actually her mother, that sent chills up my spine! And I think they added to the myth by implying in part 2 that she also killed her mother >< As for the music, it all fit the story. Part II's riffing was better than the rest, but all n all quite an epic song

Deleted
    Loved it. 10/10 N since you asked for a thorough review I actually listened to it twice in a row so really I gave you 30 mins! I especially loved it cuz it's a semi monologue with Elizabeth Bathory as the speaker. According to texts, she was a glorious loony Although her having bathed in the blood of beautiful young girls is just a myth, I guess that's what Kamelot is all about, mythology. As part 1 ended and I realized the voice saying "Elizabeth, wake up" is actually her mother, that sent chills up my spine! And I think they added to the myth by implying in part 2 that she also killed her mother >< As for the music, it all fit the story. Part II's riffing was better than the rest, but all n all quite an epic song

1/10. sorry mate, such an uninspiring song.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    1/10. sorry mate, such an uninspiring song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmqZgFq4go8
    3/10 not my style

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    5/10 not really my style either
    0/10

Creeps me out... omg it's creepy... I need to turn it off.

I must say that song was different i would give it a 6/10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebigblaaaaah View Post
    I must say that song was different i would give it a 6/10.

6/10 not a huge fan of Iron Maiden but this one isn't too bad.

The lyrics in this song are amazing, in my opinion.