Demo Warlocks are AWESOME!

Why, you ask?

Well, let's forget all about numbers and theorycrafting, and concentrate on stuff that doesn't change every patch. Tell me: What can your class do?

Can you blast them with the cold dark of the void? So can we.

Can you burn your foes to death? We can too.

Can you frostbite them with sub-zero temperatures? We can do that too.

Can you sicken them with the substances of nature? We can do that too!

Can you charge them with arcane energy? So can we!

Can you masterfully destroy them with physical blows? We can too!

Can you smite them with holy power? Believe it or not, WE CAN DO THAT TOO!

And all at the same time. with our instant cast SPAM spell, Touch of Chaos. ToC does Chaos Damage. That means it deals shadow, fire, frost, nature, arcane, holy and physical damage at the same time.

You, non-demolock, do you have a Chaos spell? no? I thought so. There are only TWO Chaos spells for players in-game and they both belong to demolocks. The other one is Chaos Wave, if you wish to know.

Warlocks are the "Evil Mega Man" class. We take our powers from our enemies:

Burning Legion? We got most of our spells and all our Minions from them.

The Illidari? Oh, we copied your trademarked transformation, Illy. Hope you don't mind.

The Scourge? Can I has your soul weaving necromancy to use Soul Shards, Death Coil, Soulshatter and Haunt my enemies? Well, you don't have a saying on it, anyway

Ragnaros' Elementals? we went there and made our flame spells much better. Burning Embers came from there

The Old Gods and their Twilight Cult? Malefic Grasp is within my grasp. Twilight Ward is within my ward (?)

And Garrosh... well, I don't think there's anything of worth to steal from Garrosh, but we'll figure something out

Anyway, as I said, we are the "Evil Mega Man" class. And within this class, Demonology is the most class-defining spec!

Any class can destroy stuff, like Destruction. if you think about using fire, Mages and Shamans can do that too.

Shadow Priests and Death Knights can also afflict people with many slowly devouring harms. And even shamans can curse (Hex).

But Demonology, that one is about demons. How many classes out there, besides warlocks, use demons? How many summon demons? How many turn into demons?

The Answers are: 0; 0; 0.

Demonology is unique. It's Cool. You have 2 forms, like an evil Saiyan, or a video game Last Boss, and you use your lesser form to power your greater form up, and than beat your enemies to a pulp. You can even tell people "this isn't even my Final Form".

And you do that with Chaos. You do that with EVERYTHING TOGETHER! Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature, Shadow, Holy, Physical Damage, Everything! Not even the ORIGINAL MEGA MAN can use all powers combined into one attack like that. We've surpassed everybody, including the Blue Bomber!

Plus, we can do some limited Tanking (Dark Apotheosis) and Healing (healthstones, self heals, Symbiosis), besides doing everything else.

DEMO LOCK PRIDE!
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-06-25 at 08:10 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

And all at the same time. with our instant cast SPAM spell, Touch of Chaos. ToC does Chaos Damage. That means it deals shadow, fire, frost, nature, arcane, holy and physical damage at the same time.

You, non-demolock, do you have a Chaos spell? no? I thought so. There are only TWO Chaos spells for players in-game and they both belong to demolocks. The other one is Chaos Wave, if you wish to know.
    I'm about 110% sure Chaos bolt does chaos damage, and that is something destro locks do. True chaos damage is unique to locks so spot on there.

Deleted
    I am a destro and i out dps you guys.. no offence

Quote Originally Posted by Zirhark View Post
    I'm about 110% sure Chaos bolt does chaos damage, and that is something destro locks do. True chaos damage is unique to locks so spot on there.
    It's shadow now, and was never chaos damage except in a pre-Wrath PTR build (in Wrath and Cata it was "chaotic fire" in the flavor text that dealt Fire damage that pierced through absorptions and resistances).

Anyway I do like chaos damage. By your powers combined!

Quote Originally Posted by Humaniac View Post
    I am a destro and i out dps you guys.. no offence
    dps doesn't really measure a spec's worth over time, since it's a rather fickle thing. nerfs and buffs are like a pendulum, after all

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zirhark View Post
    sorry, but somehow the true answer is somewhere around those remaining -10%. chaos bolt used to be shadowflame/fire damage in WotLK and cata, and now it's shadow damage.

it would make sense for it to be chaos, but blizz doesn't want it to be chaos, probably for balance purposes. chaos damage has to be instant cast, otherwise it's immune to spell locking, maybe even to silence (since it's also physical).

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo.. hows the RP server treating you?

But yeah, in terms of RP spells and shit, Locks are up there on the bad assery. They can summon fires from hell, they can make it rain fire balls, they can summon demonic meteors from the void to crash down on some scrubs. They can curse people with agonizing pain, they have the power to summon and subjugate powerful demonic beings from the void as well as summon demonic gates that let them port around. They can store a soul inside an orb and come back to life.

Some cool shit.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2013-06-25 at 09:51 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

my main is a warlock, and I must say... demo is one of the worst specs I've ever played across all classes.. nothing short of a complete redesign of the spec would change that for me. You may like your demo lock because "I R CAN DO CHAOS DAMAGE" but that doesn't make the spec enjoyable in any way. I will stick to my destro and afflic, burning people alive/blasting them with mass amounts of shadow damage and devouring them with shadow plagues. But we all have our opinions! enjoy the spec if you want.. that doesn't make it the best ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    my main is a warlock, and I must say... demo is one of the worst specs I've ever played across all classes.. nothing short of a complete redesign of the spec would change that for me. You may like your demo lock because "I R CAN DO CHAOS DAMAGE" but that doesn't make the spec enjoyable in any way. I will stick to my destro and afflic, burning people alive/blasting them with mass amounts of shadow damage and devouring them with shadow plagues. But we all have our opinions! enjoy the spec if you want.. that doesn't make it the best ever
    Demos are good for some PvE fights and are one of the strongest 1v1 specs for duels... That's about it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Demos are good for some PvE fights and are one of the strongest 1v1 specs for duels... That's about it.
    I didn't mean bad as far as dps and pvp viability go, I just don't like how the spec plays whatsoever. It's cool in concept, but in reality it's just SO boring and clunky. demo locks could be the best dps in game and easy 2200 faceroll, and I still wouldn't play the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    but in reality it's just SO boring and clunky
    We must be playing a different Demo spec. Demo is by far the most interesting lock spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    We must be playing a different Demo spec. Demo is by far the most interesting lock spec.
    agreed. /love demo

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Sooo.. hows the RP server treating you?

But yeah, in terms of RP spells and shit, Locks are up there on the bad assery. They can summon fires from hell, they can make it rain fire balls, they can summon demonic meteors from the void to crash down on some scrubs. They can curse people with agonizing pain, they have the power to summon and subjugate powerful demonic beings from the void as well as summon demonic gates that let them port around. They can store a soul inside an orb and come back to life.

Some cool shit.
    but I play on a normal realm

opinions are what they are.

If you know what you are doing, Demonology IS the deepest PVE spec currently in the game.

I agree, I've been playing demo spec lock as my main since 5.1 and find it the most fun to play.

I play a mage as my main (have ever since vanilla, he was my first toon), but I did have fun leveling the warlock in demonology. With that glyph of demon hunting, I was tanking everything. Once I hit 90, I really don't feel like playing her anymore because you can't queue as a tank and if you try to roll with it in 5 mans or LFR, the tanks get pissy when you steal aggro. Demo without the glyph is kind of boring to me, and I really don't like destro or affliction.

I share your entuasiasm about Touch of Chaos. It is indeed a VERY cool spell, but many would trade it for a better looking effect or dps.
    Altough demon form is very cool, I find manipulating dark energies and curses way more cooler. Affliction for the win!