Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The Wimbledon thread.

No thread on this yet? Shame on you guys! So interesting seeding this year, Nadal currently in a game against a very good Darcis it has to be said. Did look like Azarenka would be in trouble earlier with her injury but kudos to her for fighting through the pain to win in straight sets.

Whos your money on to win it this year? Murray going to do it for Britain?

Djokovic and Serena (she is still playing right?) as winners

Darcis actually defeated Nadal it seems, lol.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well. Djokovic wins then. Nothing more to see here.

That's... Wow. Would never expect a first round exit to a guy ranked in the triple digits for Nadal. Maybe Federer has one last chance to win a major after all. Assuming he can handle Tsonga and Djokovic. And Murray if he's playing, though I have no idea where he is.

Deleted
    I will always back Federer but he is getting on a bit now in years but his class and experience are undeniable.

Andy could win it if he is on form but again I can't help but think he's probably going to choke.

Djokovic is the most likely winner I would have thought.

Federer for the men, don't care about the womens.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I didn't know Wimbledon was today or I'd have updated that other thread I made.

Glad all you guys cared to talk to me during the French Open....

Anyway, Nadal got knocked out round 1 omfg. Djokovic is my predicted winner.

Djokovic or Murray I guess for the mens and Serena or Sharapova to win the womens. Was cool to see Hewitt go through this evening, he played very well indeed.

I just looked at the draws. The only real competition Djokovic is even going to have getting to the finals is Ferrer which would be a potential SF matchup (and let's be honest, he will demolish him). Meanwhile Murray will probably have to go through Tsonga in the quarters and Federer in the semis. Sucks for Murray?

Deleted
    Murray's odds have gone up, that boy gets luckier each year.

He can beat Federer.
    He can beat Djokovic.
    But he can't beat Nadal.

Seriously, 0 wins on grass vs Nadal. It's a rape train.

So with Nadal out in the 1st round there's a real possibility. Hoping for a Federer v Djokovic final though!

Edit: Yeah just checked Djokovic's draw. Pretty easymode, I'll be flabbergasted if we see a 5 set game from him prior to the final.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my money on Nada.....oh wait. Wow. What ranking was that guy? 150-something? Damn.

I'll say Djokovic takes it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Djokovic shouldn't have a challenging match until a likely face off with Ferrer in the semi's.

I'm expecting a Murray/Tsonga QF, hope so anyway, those two usually have great matches, only downside is with no Nadal in it now, I don't see anyone giving Federer a hard time, so he'll get an easier route to the Semi's than either of the two previous mentioned men he'll likely face. Hard to look past Djokovic this year, but I keep thinking back to last year's tournament and the subsequent Olympics and how it was the start of a lot of success for Murray.

Not sure the momentum is still there though.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I think that if Murray is EVER going to win Wimbledon, it is going to be this year. The only player he can't beat without a considerable amount of Divine Intervention is out of the tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue with Murray is physical more than mental, pulling out of the French with a back injury. Yes he looked good at Queens but that's like saying Usain Bolt looks good while jogging after an injury.

If Murray can stay fit, this is the best chance he's got, even if he'll now likely have the toughest route (tied with Tsonga) to get there.

Tsonga is having a bit of a rough game vs Gulbis right now. Needs to really sharpen up to win this.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 05:46 PM ----------

And Tsonga pulls out through injuries, wow theyre really hitting hard this tournament. Wondering how many seeds we will have left by the Quarters and Semis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus that's two of the top five to win this out in the first round...

Good shot at a lot of outside faces making a name for themselves this tournament.

I'll go with Djokovic. It always seems to be the same 3 guys who wins it over the past 10 years and with Nadal gone it basically comes down to Djokovic or Federer. Everyone else seems to be a level behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not any better in the women's. Sharapova withdrew from her match. I see Serena breezing through this tournament.

With Tsonga out, it's looking better for Murray, but he still has to get by Federer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not any better in the women's. Sharapova withdrew from her match. I see Serena breezing through this tournament.

With Tsonga out, it's looking better for Murray, but he still has to get by Federer.
    Sharapova didn't withdraw.. she lost after an injury time out