Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    In TBC I had a very great raidleader who really understood how humans work. Instead of getting angry he gave people who failed more power and rights. He asked the most helpless people for help. He was the man. He pledged for anarchy, he always looked up to us. If it wasn't for his incredible knowledge, tactic speeches and charisma no one could have told that he was the boss.

In my previous progress guild there was an officer priest who said someone on spiritkings hc "I don't want to play with someone like you" and that sounded really harsh towards the guy he meant. Well... that officer wasn't really liked by many and even with all his knowledge he could not hold the guild together when another officer left.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Hahahaha oh man as being a former top tier raider yeah I've heard people cry hell even cry to me on skype / vent from time to time. You wanna know how my raid life was life in Woltk? Here I'll give you all a just of it

Yeah people will cry if they are treated like this.
    Holy, I didn't know this guy still existed I personally raided with him in WotLK too and was there for the Yogg 0 realm first kill. Lasted all of 2 weeks in that guild lol.

(removed vid as it would let me quote it)

Sounds like the raid leader was a dick. If I were the GM, I would've booted his ass too. Pitching a crybaby fit on vent and screaming at people is not going to help things, regardless of the situation. All that's going to do is piss people off and cause more problems.

The closest thing my guild's raid leader did to that was mute everyone else in vent so only he could talk, but he got his point across calmly and without any name calling. Of course, we also had "role leads" where one officer was in charge of melee DPS, the other in charge of tanks, etc, and those were usually the ones who had individual conversations with raiders who had performance issues or were causing us to wipe. Never any need for any "meltdowns" though.

Sure, we did occasionally have to drop people from raids because of poor performance, but we did it nicely, without any of the retarded "OMG YOU SUCK GO KILL YOURSELF NOOB" stuff.

Yeah....if that's real, that guy needs to grow the fuck up.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-06-27 at 11:02 PM.

i made someone cry :< but it was not realy my fault she had a bad day lol

I would hate to imagine what happens to guilds like blood legion with riggs oh goodness

Unfortunately, you get this every where bosses are dying. My best piece of of advise would be to get out if you feel it's not the right environment. I don't believe in it at all. God knows I rage, but I do in it tells, or to my twitch viewers, or to myself. The tension it creates in group isn't worth it, nor is it going to make said people (or person) do any better, if it effects them enough to upset them.

From a HM raiding perspective, I can't really get away from the raging GMs or officers, it's just the way it is. I don't really pay much attention to it anymore, but I know it makes things 1000000000 times worse! When Someone is that mad at you, or yelling at you that bad, you end up doing worse because of the pressure. If you don't feel the pressure, then you're pist at the person, and still do worse! Dumb thing to do, as it will hurt the group, not help!

I have been in pugs, where someone has got yelled at so much or by so many people that this has happened. You're not a lone, haha!

(I can think of a particular Heroic Progression guild on a little server called Mal'ganis who's GM can't even form the group with out raging and crying like a woman. HINT: They aren't server first, and they're in the the top 3.)

Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post

OP's situation is precisely why it's a bad idea to join a guild that's run by a couple. It never ends well.
    Excuse me? I started my guild with my (now ex) girlfriend and we have had no problems through all of cata and what's been of MoP thusfar (7/13 HC). I really dislike how people rag on couples in guild. It has nothing to do with couples, it has to do with maturity.
    Last edited by Drkblade; 2013-06-27 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in a raid with Troxxed and Stormheart in BC only people Ive ever heard that made someone cry. Troxxed soundboard=EPIC LOLS.

I made someone cry in vent, I didnt say sorry.....she was kind of a bitch
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-06-27 at 11:49 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol that's jokes. The best I can come up with was my grade 4 class making our french teacher cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two times I've heard people in vent cry, not due to raid leaders though:
    - fellow officer crying after a fairly heated argument between all officers in officer vent years ago, won't get into any more detail as it was fairly personal
    - another guild had been developing a toxic atmosphere over the course of months and one night someone just started crying during trash due to various comments being thrown around

I've raid lead here and there myself, I've never yelled at someone but I've raised my voice mid-attempt before in emergency situations. One time leading an alt/pug raid on Heroic Rhyolith I had a rage moment on a 30-something-th wipe but I managed to keep it to a single "FUCK" and took my headset off for a minute to cool down.

I've found that attacks in voice chat can end poorly often so I've always tried to keep voice chat more civil and used mostly for discussion and mid-fight calls. When it comes to player issues I've always tried to handle it through text channels instead, because you have more time to think about what you're going to send when you hit enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Is that the moar dots guy? He sounds like him lmfao

Also, I always thought he played an undead....he sounds he would for some reason.
    No it isn't Dives; 'the moar dots guy', he is Finnish. I do not know what he was playing when Wipe Club made the original wipe tape but when he moved to Boulderfist he played a female Gnome prot warrior with pink hair.

Whenever he did rage, which wasn't really that often to be honest, most of us usually agreed with him. Well either we agreed or laughed as a group.

Deleted
    I raided in vanilla and cata, never heard anyone crying or yelling.

But yeah, bad people were taught they were bad. It's how it is. Then they were kicked or asked to leave. When you want to reach the top, you can't afford social players in your raid. When you join a progression guild, you expect to progress. Can't progress with bad players, and they won't be better with time trust me.

Raidleaders like the are the reason I liked raiding. Raidleaders who got their shit together and weren't afraid to call out bullshitters. This one time I was tanking for this guild, and the healers messed up, and I said something pedagogical in a general manner, and the raid leader whispered me "Bro, I know you saw who failed. Don't be afraid to call him out by his name, he'll try harder then"

Ah the days when men were men

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    Raidleaders like the are the reason I liked raiding. Raidleaders who got their shit together and weren't afraid to call out bullshitters. This one time I was tanking for this guild, and the healers messed up, and I said something pedagogical in a general manner, and the raid leader whispered me "Bro, I know you saw who failed. Don't be afraid to call him out by his name, he'll try harder then"

Ah the days when men were men
    Agreed. If I were in that guy's raid, I would have laughed all the way and then grin some. In my guild, we all call each other "fag, dumbfuck, idiot" and more and nobody cares. Mainly because we are like-minded people, and no, we don't know each other.

Personally, I think people have to grow a thicker skin. If you get mad/cry at someone because they called you a "noob/slacker/failure" because you didn't do your job right, you deserve it, and you need to grow a thicker skin.

Do you live in a bubble? The world out there is harsh, and insults are the thing I'd least expect to offend someone. I can't believe people who get hurt by mere words. I seriously can't.
    Last edited by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr; 2013-06-28 at 12:18 AM.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I tend to fuck up in a raid, I will let them know. Heck, I'll even yell at them if they yell at me. I don't raid anymore, but when I used to, I got yelled at on vent for trying to give the raid leader some advice during Dragon Soul. He kept going on and on and on about how it's rude to interrupt when, in fact, I was only trying to help! Luckily though, I owned our Vent server and muted the asshole, so he was talking to himself and everyone was laughing. Great story.

I think if anyone has a problem at someone, they should be ashamed of themselves and know that raiding is not something that's a necessity in life.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

15+ Year Old Account
    One time one of my teachers made a student cry (a girl who was actually sitting right next to me...) and she didn't get fired. I don't think that raid lead should have gotten kicked, in fact, I'm sure he wouldn't of if the crying girl wasn't the GM's girlfriend.

Which is why you should never agree to be a raid leader if you aren't the GM. Then you have some dude/chick swooping down out of nowhere to question all your behavior/decisions when they have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    No.. when my raid leader would get mad and he would walk away from his computer and play random Disney songs over the mic and then come back like 5 mins later and say .. "OK NOW WE ARE GOING TO DO IT BETTER." I'd imagine he was yelling and throwing things around his house.

Aladdin sound track and Lion King were particular favorites.
    Awesome.

OP, Raid leaders are supposed to be mean. In 5 years of WoW, every raid leader I've had (except one) has been a dick. I don't blame them. In my experience the anger is either warranted - standing in the bad every wipe or wiping on a boss on farm or needed to run the raid. You have to have someone reel in the 9/24 special snowflakes in the raid.

My GM/RL in cata was the exception he had a voice that made you want to listen, ie not a 12 year old, and was probably a psychologist or therapist irl.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the fuck out of that guild now. As much as I don't agree with what the raid leader did if someone is going to cry at been told off for not doing there job the guild isn't going anywhere.

I haven't heard someone get mad, even after wiping on a boss for nights in years and I sure as hell havent heard someone cry over a wow raid. But if a guild has both I would be outa there faster then you could leave. Plus gm raiding with his gf would be nothing but bad news.

From reading the rest of this thread. ALOT of people here have never ever be raid leader before. It is fucking stressful and when someone isn't doing a simple job it pisses you off. Sure I never lost it at other raiders when I use to do it but I can't blame other raid leaders for cracking at a point. My mouse, keyboard and desk used to get my pissed offness . Honestly I can't believe my naga still works all these years after I stopped managing a guild.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-06-28 at 12:46 AM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a guy in one the guilds when I used to play just going ape shit @ people who made slight mistakes. Good days of Tarren Mill (Fallout).

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:34 AM ----------

Hahahaha oh man as being a former top tier raider yeah I've heard people cry hell even cry to me on skype / vent from time to time. You wanna know how my raid life was life in Woltk? Here I'll give you all a just of it

Poor human being, seems he needs some special aid.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-06-28 at 12:34 AM.