10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Perhaps I should stop responding to people like you who don't even bother reading my posts. There's no point talking to people who are incapable of engaging with my arguments because they haven't bother to read to find out what those arguments are.

If you have something to say on the substance of the post by reading the post, then I'm happy to discuss it, otherwise, there's no point.
    Indeed, I mean if you actually bothered to read your own posts and check sources that you cite, you might have noticed that you proved yourself wrong, and effectively contradicted yourself in your own post.
    Here, I will help you.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...s-Away-With-It
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2013-06-28 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post

see the problem here is that, yes they exist to make money. but that does not give them the right to pull out anti consumer practices in the first place. as for "no one is forcing you to buy it" well, that's a horrible, horrible, argument. just because you are "not forced" to do something doesn't mean that the ones TRYING TO GET YOU TO are doing the right thing. of course people get mad and feel betrayed with them, and rightfully so. they do this because they see that microsoft had just gone through a thinly veiled attempt at declaring war on the consumer but then turned and ran once their shareholders started complaining about their preorder sales.
    THANK YOU for sharing that video. Aside from his weird "story" asides... the whole point of his video is 100% accurate.

As I said in MANY threads prior (not just gaming), making money isn't bad - it's when people make MORE money at the direct expense of its customer and work force that I have a serious problem with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good video, I like the point that just because thats the kind of consumer you are dont tell everyone they have to agree with you, Paralleluniverse could learn a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    This is such bad logic. Not every company is Enron. Not every company will go outside ethical standards and get the famous customer choice poo award.

Profits has always meant being good to customers. Profits =/= screwing over your customers. If you can find that in one executive strategy textbook, then I will eat my hat.
    Like I wasn't exaggerating....
    Profits has always meant being good to customers.
    So yea what about EA? They were voted worse company in US or something, yet they still make profit. Maybe not the same as before but they still make profit.

...make money.... through providing excellent, reliant and reputable service for their customers.

Pretty much what you wrote there is not just M$'s problem, but most of America's corporate mentality today from what I've seen here.

It's like all the companies here totally dropped the "Serving" part and just focused on the "making money" part, forgetting that there's this bit in between called "Making the customer happy by providing excellent service".

M$ initially dropped that in favor of just making the publishers happy at THE EXPENSE of their customer base. They've had it all bass-ackwards, and I'm still not convinced they know otherwise right now.
    Yea but I don't expect it from companies anymore. If I think their product is worth my money I will buy it, if it isn't I won't.
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-06-28 at 07:33 AM.

I don't really understand the companies are there to make money argument. That's like saying earth is kind of round. Well, yeah it is ... so what. We don't buy products so companies make money, we buy products because we like them. This kind of argument is a brain fart that adds nothing constructive to the discussion.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Sony leads the charge this upcoming generation; the tone has already been set.

Microsoft reversing their used games & 24 hour connectivity showed a lot of weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I don't really understand the companies are there to make money argument. That's like saying earth is kind of round. Well, yeah it is ... so what. We don't buy products so companies make money, we buy products because we like them. This kind of argument is a brain fart that adds nothing constructive to the discussion.
    Not sure if you were refering to my post but this wasn't the exact argument. I only said that the main goal of companies is to make money, yet some people still don't understand this. It is just that some people think that some companies are their friend and when do they something bad or make a mistake they should now hate them and act like they killed your parents.

These companies are also here to make our lives better or worse.
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-06-28 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    Not sure if you were refering to my post but this wasn't the exact argument. I only said that the main goal of companies is to make money, yet some people still don't understand this. It is just that some people think that some companies are their friend and when do they something bad or make a mistake they should now hate them and act like they killed your parents.

These companies are also here to make our lives better or worse.
    There is a difference between not understanding something and ignoring something. Companies making money is on top of list of what investors care about. Companies making good products is on top of list of what customers care about.

If the company makes great products then even customer may become interested in the company making more money ... but without the product there is nothing to be interested about.

You can't say that ppl don't understand the basic companies->money. It can very well be that without compelling product they just don't care one bit about the money side. I mean ... why should you care if a company that makes bad product makes more money.

There is a difference between not understanding something and ignoring something. Companies making money is on top of list of what investors care about. Companies making good products is on top of list of what customers care about.

If the company makes great products then even customer may become interested in the company making more money ... but without the product there is nothing to be interested about.

You can't say that ppl don't understand the basic companies->money. It can very well be that without compelling product they just don't care one bit about the money side. I mean ... why should you care if a company that makes bad product makes more money.
    You know my argument was more made against the guy who posted that athene video. Why are we even talking about this, I only wanted to say that some people should not take these things like they murdered 100 people. Companies also make mistakes and I don't justify any of these mistakes but acting like a child and saying M$ I will never buy any products of you because you betrayed me and tried to fuck me will not help you at all. Well goodluck with that attitude, you will have a small list of products you can buy.
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-06-28 at 12:01 PM.

You know my argument was more made against the guy who posted that athene video. Why are we even talking about this, I only wanted to say that some people should not take these things like they murdered 100 people. Companies also make mistakes and I don't justify any of these mistakes but acting like a child and saying M$ I will never buy any products of you because you betrayed me and tried to fuck me will not help you at all. Well goodluck with that attitude, you will have a small list of products you can buy.
    Yeah, there is no reason to go nerd rage in these cases. Thing is ppl like to trash talk for the fun of it, so they go ham when they can. I don't really see a problem with that ... they will calm down eventually. And to be fair the way things are they still can rage. So far all MS did was withdraw the drm. That's what they were forced to do and they took family sharing with it despite that feature being doable for online downloaded games even without drm.

Where are the moves that will win MS their audience back ....

Yeah, there is no reason to go nerd rage in these cases. Thing is ppl like to trash talk for the fun of it, so they go ham when they can. I don't really see a problem with that ... they will calm down eventually. And to be fair the way things are they still can rage. So far all MS did was withdraw the drm. That's what they were forced to do and they took family sharing with it despite that feature being doable for online downloaded games even without drm.

Where are the moves that will win MS their audience back ....

Yea there isn't really a problem with it, it just gets annoying after a while to see it : P

I do think they will bring back family sharing because they said this: "Similarly, the sharing library [is something] we won’t be able to deliver at launch." They said "at launch" for a reason.

Where are the moves that will win MS their audience back
    They did some small things but it all depends on what they do the next 5 months and the most important thing what they will do at gamescom.

We don't take it like that... we're just calling them seriously uncaring assholes towards their customers. Nobody is asking for the CEO's to be publicly executed for it.

But the point still stands that Sony has a massive lead simply by being the only one in the room saying "We're not Assholes to our customers" and demonstrating thusly that SERVING your customers makes you more money than you not caring about your customers and just focusing soley on gimmickey money-grab tactics.

As the old song goes, "show me, don't tell me". Sony shows it now - MS isn't showing at all unless you threaten to not pay them money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    2 factors.

1. Overwhelming amounts of negative press from gaming outlets, mainstream news outlets, and from talk shows (Jimmy Fallon taking a few pot shots at it during the PS4 display)

2. Low pre-orders. By every metric that we had available, the PS4 was crushing the Xbox One in terms of pre-orders. Hell, on Gamestop alone the PS4 controller was outselling the Xbox one for a while.

Oddly enough, both of these factors are directly tied to gamer outcry. Gaming journalists are all gamers themselves, and they also frequently function as a reflection of popular sentiment (see: D3 scoring super high despite server problems, SimCity scoring low because of server problems. D3 was massively popular with fans, SimCity was much maligned). And as for the pre-order bit, the product evangelist/early adopter group drives a lot of the early excitement for new products. If you can't get these people on your side, it's hard to get off to a strong start. Seeing as these people are some of the most hardcore of gamers, they were also generally against the DRM features on the Xbox One.

So in a roundabout, it actually was because of gamer outcry.
    Don't buy it personally, my evidence? The huge amount of wait time to revert the changes. If it was due to gamer outcry it would of been changed AGES before E3. But no they decided to still try and get away with it. Like Athene said it definitely was because of stock holders really getting worried about their money.

And yeah like someone else said yes they are a company out to mke money I understand that but you have to get the ratio right of pleasing the customer and milking them for as much as possible.

Example: LOTR trilogy made to make bank on the franchise but at the same time gone the extra mile made to make die hard fans satisfied.

Versus-

Jack and Jill movie: Adam Sandler made this terrible movie rammed with product placement with no intent to make a movie only profit.

There is a difference
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2013-06-28 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    We don't take it like that... we're just calling them seriously uncaring assholes towards their customers. Nobody is asking for the CEO's to be publicly executed for it.

But the point still stands that Sony has a massive lead simply by being the only one in the room saying "We're not Assholes to our customers" and demonstrating thusly that SERVING your customers makes you more money than you not caring about your customers and just focusing soley on gimmickey money-grab tactics.

As the old song goes, "show me, don't tell me". Sony shows it now - MS isn't showing at all unless you threaten to not pay them money.
    I was just talking in general, maybe you call them assholes but other people act different. Watch any IGN video with the name xbox or microsoft in it and you see what I mean.

Anyone still wants a good read: I Ain't Mad about the Xbox One, Bro
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-06-28 at 08:57 PM.

Microsoft partners with Time Warner for new TV deal

So what I got from this is Microsoft wants you to pay 500$ for there console 60$ a year+your time Warner cable cost to watch tv on your XboxOne.

My cable just switched from "Insight" to Time Warner and its cost is around 150$ or so a month that is cable/phone/internet so overall you are paying a little over 700$ at first cost and around 170$ a month "if you pay for xbox live monthly" to watch tv on your XboxOne.

also it seems you will not get all channels just around 300 or so of them 300 is a lot but there is tons of movie channels and all that it seems you won't get at this time.

Is it just me or is that really stupid.

Also as it stands right now Time Warner may be the only ones working with Microsoft to do this. So if you got something like dish network you may not get to but that can change.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-06-28 at 09:15 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Microsoft partners with Time Warner for new TV deal

So what I got from this is Microsoft wants you to pay 500$ for there console 60$ a year+your time Warner cable cost to watch tv on your XboxOne.

My cable just switched from "Insight" to Time Warner and its cost is around 150$ or so a month that is cable/phone/internet so overall you are paying a little over 700$ at first cost and around 170$ a month "if you pay for xbox live monthly" to watch tv on your XboxOne.

also it seems you will not get all channels just around 300 or so of them 300 is a lot but there is tons of movie channels and all that it seems you won't get at this time.

Is it just me or is that really stupid.

Also as it stands right now Time Warner may be the only ones working with Microsoft to do this. So if you got something like dish network you may not get to but that can change.
    Then don't buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Panicked View Post
    Then don't buy it?
    I didn't say I was going to. I was merely making a statement about the recent update of XboxOne and its TV setup that gamespot posted today and mainly was wanting to see the opinion of others and was hoping it would be more then if you don't like it don't buy it....state why you like or don't like something to have a real conversion.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I didn't say I was going to. I was merely making a statement about the recent update of XboxOne and its TV setup that gamespot posted today and mainly was wanting to see the opinion of others and was hoping it would be more then if you don't like it don't buy it....state why you like or don't like something to have a real conversion.
    Complaining about an optional extra is a valuable discussion. Another PS4 fanboy troll.

Please don't call others "fanboy." --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-06-29 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicked View Post
    Complaining about an optional extra is a valuable discussion. Another PS4 fanboy troll.
    Sorry but if I am paying $500 for a console that feature is not optional since its counted into the cost of my system.

Also don't pull the Ps4 fanboy shit because I done made it clear that I am not I personally like both Nintendo and Playstation. Also just because someone likes playing one system whether it be PC/Wii-U/Ps4/XboxOne dose not make them a fanboy of said system its just there personal preference. The way I see it as I already stated if its feature counts in the cost of the system its not optional and that really dose suck for those who will be buying it outside the USA.

Also just because someone dose not like a System/Company dose not make them a fanboy of the ones they do like and as it stands right now you can only do it in the USA if you got time Warner as your cable provider this may change over time but right now it is kinda crappy and finally in my last post I did not say anything about the Playstation 4. This is a XboxOne Discussion and I am talking about the XboxOne not everything that gets said about it needs to be a praise to the system If you don't like negative feedback don't read it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-06-29 at 02:20 AM.

So yea what about EA? They were voted worse company in US or something, yet they still make profit. Maybe not the same as before but they still make profit.

Yea but I don't expect it from companies anymore. If I think their product is worth my money I will buy it, if it isn't I won't.
    For your first thing, EA isn't nearly the worst company in the US. It shouldn't even be in top 10 let alone be on the list for the poll. That entire voting thing was because apparently a majority of the people browsing the site are gamers with little to no connection to the adult world.

EA continues to supply a major demand. While they have undoubtedly dropped the ball on many occasions they still release games that are nothing shy of exceptional.

As to your second point, when a company REALLY is that bad, they won't be making much more money unless they have a monopoly in a certain area. And I can tell you right now that if Xbone had gone live WITHOUT CHANGING A THING they would NOT have been that bad and they very likely would have suffered the same fate as EA; that is, a bunch of gamers on the internet bitching about them while they continue to be financially successful with their product.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15