Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ferals losing PS Cyclone?.

Hey there i just read the changes about Predator's Swiftness being nerfed???? big time????. Us feral can no longer use instant cyclones in any way possible, I mean Balance and Restoration Druids will be able to do it every 1 min with NS (baseline btw) and us ferals will be the only spec that has to deal with hard casting a cyclone??? how are u going to be able to cc in arena or to make a nice cc chain without us being able to do it instantly ??? it means that in 3's we will be useless, just using mighty bash, and hard cast cyclones that will be kicked, countered, silenced. What is the problem with Blizzard and ferals, i mean i know we are pretty OP right now but it wasn't our fault, first of I think that no feral was complaining in 5.2 about our burst damage it was pretty good, and blizzard decided to buff Savage roar with a 10% more damage increase?? i mean they were the only ones making ferals OP right now I think Glyph of Savagery should be baseline and could be even nerfed to the normal 30% damage increase but man killing our entire cc ??? no instant cyclone whatsoever?

Is there somebody as pissed as I am?? guys we need to give some tips to blizzard and responding to these changes the way we want to have our class, I mean we need to have instant cyclone, that has been sort of a feral kinda thing since ever!

Anyways that's just my opinion. Glad to hear some responses

Deleted
    Boomkins will also lose NS to instant cast Cyclones, but them being Casters won't neuter them as much as Ferals.

If the changes are going through it will look very grim as Feral, Heart of the Wild with NS did result in redicilious healing and losing NS will nerf Feral survivability quite drastic. and hardcasting Cyclones will be an incredible tricky thing to do, due to it's range and the amount of interupts excisting in the game (impossible if trained). Another annoyance is that it cancels Cat Form so you lost even more valuable time after Cyclone is cast not being on the target. It makes Ferals feel more centered around just damaging and hope to score a kill with their only CC Bash.

Would've prefered if they just removed the Tree Bash and tinked HotW to not be that retarded of a survival CD.

You mentioned a very important thing which is that hardcasting cyclone will cancel cat form, and that is why I don't know why they are making these changes which I do not understand. Feral druids are going to be the worst class to be with in arenas to manage to get a cc chain, it would be sooo lucky if u get a cc chain with cyclone, without being countered, silenced, kicked, typhooned, charged, and the list goes on, so it means that the only thing we have is Mighty Bash which can be versus a rogue, warrior, paladin, hunter, could be parried, dodged, while deterrence, evasion, retaliation -.-"!!! so that leaves us with perhaps wasting 5 combo points in maim for cc -.-"" What do u guys think? Will it go live when 5.4 comes out??

And here i am getting last item of my feral set thinking imma own some scrubs..

boomie nerfed, feral nerfed.. druid benched
    Last edited by wickedbastard; 2013-06-28 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    I really wouldn't see it going live without the instant Cyclone as it makes Ferals very unwanted in any form of PvP plus making their playstyle feel incredible bland, most other changes are reasonable as Treant Bash whas stupid (altough I loved them as a peel mechanic, and with some tinkering like adding a 5s ICD on the same target could help to counter what currently can be done with stunning a healer for 4.5s and then Cyclone for a very long lockout).

I loved the way they previously nerfed Cyclone with them having a 20s CD. Ferals before that could always have one team member outside the game if the feral whas allowed to go offensive and it having a 20s CD made Ferals play smarter. I would've prefered back then that Ferals would be allowed to hardcast Cyclone but the instant part should get a 20-30s CD.

A way they could change it is making the Predatory Swiftness proc make their Cyclone uninteruptable and doesn't make them shift out of Cat Form. And increasing the range to 30yards so it cannot be outranged that easy. Just to allow them to Cyclone and give the opposing team the ability to stop it by stunning/CCing.

I really love my Feral in PvP, but these changes would make me reroll to Boomkin so I could be of some use.
    Last edited by mmoc0662d10888; 2013-06-28 at 09:52 AM.

You can still NS cyclone though right?

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Nope. Read the thread, not just the title of the thread.

The only one who will be able to is Resto (at least from the patch notes I've seen).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenheim View Post
    Boomkins will also lose NS to instant cast Cyclones, but them being Casters won't neuter them as much as Ferals.
    Moonkin are getting NS baseline as well as resto as of the latest PTR build, so we are not losing NS cyclone.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    No, Feral no longer has NS Cyclone, although both Resto and Boomkin do.

As for this change, not too sure if it'll be as big of a nerf as people think. Every time they ever nerf any ability for any class everyone screams how that class is no longer useful in PvP. Priests were useless when they nerfed MD, Priests were useless when they nerfed Void Shift, Hunters will be useless when they change Readiness, etc. Lots of changes happening, I'm sure Feral will still have some strong comps. Feral/SPriest/Healer or Feral/Hunter/Disc or Feral/Mage/Disc etc. they still give Cyclone to Disc Priests, which still adds up to being absolutely absurd CC for their team.

With the latest change to NS and PS I wonder if Blizzard will allow Feral to cast Cyclone without breaking Cat Form. Seems a bit unfair to Feral to force them to spend multiple GCDs to use a single CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydnah View Post
    i mean i know we are pretty OP right now
    You summed it up right there.
    Srsly, if you are OP you get nerfed - happens to all classes.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    Unless you're a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    Yeah but u should've read the entire thing i wrote, feral damage is pretty OP right now man i said there wouldn't be any problem when it comes to nerfin our damage a little, like in 5.2 Savage roar with a 30% damage increase instead of the OP 40% right now or any other damage nerf, but when it comes to cc, our cc isn't OP, they already nerfed cyclone in 5.3 with a 20 second cooldown, which was pretty good i think no cooldown on our cyclone was pretty unbalanced, but with the cooldown us ferals are in the same group as a priest with Psychic Scream every 25-30 secs, HoJ every 30 secs, Afixiate every 30 secs as well, so why nerfing cyclone even more, balancing the damage of ferals would make a more balanced arena I think, cause we would be a class that needs the help of another partner to do some damage or cc more for us to be able to kill our target instead of doing it like we are now, that perhaps in a cyclone, bash chain with one shot we can actually kill pretty much anything.

The cyclone change is obviously a big nerf, but it really doesn't touch the important aspect of feral pvp; our ability to train a healer into the group without being peeled. I'd much rather keep the ability to cyclone with pred procs, nerf our damage, and force us to play better through setting up cc chains and bursting rather than our current ability to train someone into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaktx View Post
    The cyclone change is obviously a big nerf, but it really doesn't touch the important aspect of feral pvp; our ability to train a healer into the group without being peeled. I'd much rather keep the ability to cyclone with pred procs, nerf our damage, and force us to play better through setting up cc chains and bursting rather than our current ability to train someone into the ground.
    Issue with that is if you nerf damage then you have to find a way to counter that in PvE. Only ways to do that would be having skills act differently in PvP/PvE (Savage Roar damage % or something), which Blizzard said they don't like to do. The far easier solution is to just nerf their utility a bit, removing instant Cyclones seems like a pretty solid way to do that which will have 0 impact on PvE.

There are still lots of changes to be made though on PTR, I feel like Ferals will still be viable when all is said and done, even without Cyclone.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only real upside to this nerf is that maybe Blizzard will start taking away instant cc from alot of the other classes too. Instant cc is a huge problem, but to take it away from ferals and leave everything else as-is would be a massive mistake from Blizzard.

Feral being ridiculously op in arena/pvp, getting nerfed, coming from a druid, its a warranted nerf.
    Saying that tho, instant CC in general needs to me removed across the board unfair to remove it from one and not all
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-06-29 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Feral being ridiculously op in arena/pvp, getting nerfed, coming from a druid, its a warranted nerf.
    Saying that tho, instant CC in general needs to me removed across the board unfair to remove it from one and not all
    You are not a feral. If this change goes file it is GG for ferals, people will just train us like no tomorrow. Feral without the ability to put pressure is 100% useless. Also, 2 globals for a 6s CC? I can see no way a feral will be taken in the place of a retri.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    It's annoying when people say this. "coming from a druid" means what, that your claim has more weight over someone who doesn't play a druid? I look at your profile and you don't even play the spec in question. And until I see that instant cc being removed across the board all of you can piss off with that.

And now from what I've seen we can cast in form...as long as we're sitting on ps proc, ffs blizzard stop with this, is tying everything in one awkward knot or another really the design goal for feral? Just let us cast the damn thing in form all the time, I'm not even asking to be able to move while casting like others are, you've already beat down any reason to change forms except to hinder us unnecessarily all the damn time, just get it out of the way now.
    Last edited by Kojo; 2013-07-01 at 11:23 PM.