Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Its funny how the farther I go up the ladder of world rankings the less rude people become. I've never experienced anything remotely close to this.
    Yep. Ofcourse when it comes to PVP it's quite the opposite: one's level of douchebaggery is directly proportional to his arena ratings.

As someone who has been in a top 50 EU Guild, I can tell you that attitude gets you absolutely fucking no-where, and to make people feel so low and bad about themselves that they cry, makes him a royal prick.

You tell your Raid Leader to shove him, his guild and his team up his ass, and you leave. The only way he'll learn, is if his attitude costs him what he apparently cares about, raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Back when I raided, yeah the RL made people cry. I remember back when we were working on Muru pre nerf, the RL went totally berserk on this one fuck up of a rogue, and then the kids Mom started yelling into his mic about making him cry. "you happy with yourselves!".

I got a pretty good laugh out of it. Especially when the RL kicked the guy from the guild.

@OP, that sucks that your guild is run by a pussy whipped GM. Your own progress stunted by the babying of bad players.
    Exactly this^^^^ This is what makes people think that raiding is hard especially easy normal modes. Drama and worrying about hurting a person feelings setting guild progression back that much more.

Deleted
    Amazing that people put up with such douche raid leaders. I wouldn't. I don't give a fuck. If I see some guy raging not necessarily at me, but other people, I'm out. I'd rather look for another guild, which is never hard if you got gear, rather than get stressed out during an activity which is supposed to be for entertainment purposes, by some power tripping douche with no manners.

10+ Year Old Account
    who would want to listen to some shitter bitching all night, is that supposed to be considered fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    So last night me and my guild are prepping to do some normal ToT, but first we voted we should do a heroic HoF first to "get a feel" of raiding because it's the first time we all raided together. So we get to Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and people are dying to attenuation. I don't know if it was a lack of healer or just badness.

So after the 4th wipe on heroic, he just goes berserk on the healers, which are mostly females, calling them names etc. And then we hear someone crying and its a girl. Anyways someone comes on vent and cusses our raid leader out and kicked him out the guild. It was the GM and the girl was his fiancee nd they were engaged. So personal story out the way, has your raid leader ever made someone cry?
    There are pages of comments at this point, but I wanted to ask your thoughts on the situation. Did you agree with the decision? Had the group ever done H Vizier before? I mean, the way to avoid the attenuation changes completely based on your latency, and the healers have to be experienced to heal AND dodge, since that requires staring at their raid frames too.

Personally, I think he was kicked because he wasn't a very good raid leader. If the goal was to get a feel for the group, why yell at anyone for any reason? Why do H Vizier at all? These are poor decisions, and they are part of the raid leader's job.

After a solid month of wiping on Rotgut or whatever those blobby guys were in ICC, I came close to exploding and insulting everyone in my raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    who would want to listen to some shitter bitching all night, is that supposed to be considered fun?
    If people would stop being bad and dying to dumb shit then most likely the RL wouldn't be so mad but in bad casual/social guilds there is always people in the raid that realistically shouldn't be there if you want to progress. Those people wipe raids on the simplest of fights and eventually are carried through content if possible, this RL should have just left if people were so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    After a solid month of wiping on Rotgut or whatever those blobby guys were in ICC, I came close to exploding and insulting everyone in my raid.
    See, that I can understand. But just 4 wipes? I've gotten 6 Determination stacks on Lei Shen before (~2 days after release), and that's LFR. A coordinated group, progressing anywhere, is going to wipe way way more than that while trying to figure out a proper strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    There are pages of comments at this point, but I wanted to ask your thoughts on the situation. Did you agree with the decision? Had the group ever done H Vizier before? I mean, the way to avoid the attenuation changes completely based on your latency, and the healers have to be experienced to heal AND dodge, since that requires staring at their raid frames too.

Personally, I think he was kicked because he wasn't a very good raid leader. If the goal was to get a feel for the group, why yell at anyone for any reason? Why do H Vizier at all? These are poor decisions, and they are part of the raid leader's job.
    It isn't the RL job to hold people's hand about the bosses they are raiding. As a raider you are supposed to know the fights especially outdated content that is nerfed. This sounds like a bad group of players who were failing at old nerfed content who in all reality were more interested in the social aspect then progression as they raid content from last tier. The raid lead was most likely in the wrong type of guild with players so bad they couldnt down faceroll content.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    If people would stop being bad and dying to dumb shit then most likely the RL wouldn't be so mad but in bad casual/social guilds there is always people in the raid that realistically shouldn't be there if you want to progress. Those people wipe raids on the simplest of fights and eventually are carried through content if possible, this RL should have just left if people were so bad.
    That's in every decent tier'd guild though everyone can do fucking awful at some point lol oh thread you wanna hear another video of my woltk raid life shit was amazing I was dealing with some irl stuff so I sat out while this happen

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    That's in every decent tier'd guild though everyone can do fucking awful at some point lol oh thread you wanna hear another video of my woltk raid life shit was amazing I was dealing with some irl stuff so I sat out while this happen

I think your defintion of decent is the defintion for bad for me, as last tier's outdated content is horrible. One can assume that since they started raiding nerfed old content that they weren't good players, that is very safe to assume, and that it became obvious soon enough that the group wasn'\t going to progress whether it was HOF or Tot. You can replace the RL and they are still going to wipe to dumb stuff and fail, so blaming a raid lead who was speaking the truth is just passing the blame from the bad players to the RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Its funny how the farther I go up the ladder of world rankings the less rude people become. I've never experienced anything remotely close to this.
    The primary form of "badness" I see in WoW is people who run around saying "you suck" or when asked for a solution to a problem the raid is having say "don't suck".

Frankly, if you can't give a concise description of the mechanic, and how someone needs to change what their doing to resolve the issue, then you are not qualified to judge who sucks and who doesn't.

Thus, I associate abusive language and judgementalism with being a poor player.

It's surprising how many times, say in LFR, a bunch of people will whine about others, and then when they quit and get replaced with randoms from the queue, the problem goes away and we succeed on the next attempt.

It's also interesting that the groups of good players are almost completely silent when running, with the occasional question or suggestion or working out who is doing what.... the quieter the group the faster the run and the less likelihood of a wipe. Meanwhile the problematic groups always seem to have a bunch of people going on and on about BS.

One of the reason I don't run normals or belong to a raiding guild is too many of these people who don't know enough to explain a solution to the problem, but are so loud and eager to place blame that attempts to have a coherent discussion are completely disrupted.

I'd rather run with LFR on my own schedule than invest the time babysitting assholes in a guild.
    Last edited by Dagny; 2013-06-28 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Also the same reason you will always live in a basement.

Social interactions. They are scary.
    In all fairness, this is the first time I've heard it suggested that investing more into the game (like a raiding guild) is the path away from the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Just wanted to add the first boss in heart of fear on heroic is a hell of a lot harder (even now) than ANY of the normal fights in TOT.
    Yeah, this. Before the first attenuation, I'd check my latency and change up my positioning accordingly. Iirc, if it was 50ms or better, I had to clip the sonic ring in front of me to avoid taking dmg. If it was 50-150, I tried to be exactly in the middle. If 150+, I had to clip the ring in back.

I might have that reversed, but I also remember it being unintuitive.

I was so glad when we finally killed this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagny View Post
    I'd rather run with LFR on my own schedule than invest the time babysitting assholes in a guild.
    Translation.

I'd rather play Solitaire than go with the guys at poker night because I don't like this guy named Jim and he'll be there.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    I think your defintion of decent is the defintion for bad for me, as last tier's outdated content is horrible. One can assume that since they started raiding nerfed old content that they weren't good players, that is very safe to assume, and that it became obvious soon enough that the group wasn'\t going to progress whether it was HOF or Tot. You can replace the RL and they are still going to wipe to dumb stuff and fail, so blaming a raid lead who was speaking the truth is just passing the blame from the bad players to the RL.
    I honestly could not understand could you elaborate? decent shouldn't exactly mean fucking awful / bad lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    In all fairness, this is the first time I've heard it suggested that investing more into the game (like a raiding guild) is the path away from the basement.
    Avoiding what little social interaction you could have as a basement dweller is a sure way to guarantee you will never leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagny View Post
    The primary form of "badness" I see in WoW is people who run around saying "you suck" or when asked for a solution to a problem the raid is having say "don't suck".

Frankly, if you can't give a concise description of the mechanic, and how someone needs to change what their doing to resolve the issue, then you are not qualified to judge who sucks and who doesn't.

Thus, I associate abusive language and judgementalism with being a poor player.

It's surprising how many times, say in LFR, a bunch of people will whine about others, and then when they quit and get replaced with randoms form the queue, the problem goes away and we succeed on the next attempt.

One of the reason I don't run normals or belong to a raiding guild is too many of these people who don't know enough to explain a solution to the problem, but are so loud and eager to place blame that attempts to have a coherent discussion are completely disrupted.

It is incredibly ironic that you expect your hand to be held yet you have the gull to mention that you don't want to babysit assholes in a guild. Sounds like a bad who has been told to learn the fights, watch videos, read the journal and then to be make it baddie proof, listen to DBM. At the end of all of that, they still fail. It is not the RL job to hold your hand through content, it is yours to know the fights before you set foot in the instance. If after all of that people can't do the fight then they are replaced but social/casual guilds believe that no one should ever be replaced, which brings up the question, if you care about the social aspect so much why think you are going to progress or why is progression so important to a social event?

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    don`t raid with juvenile nerds on a power trip.
    Thiiiiiiiiiiiiis.