Fire ele glyph changes

Glyph of FET - Reduces cooldown and duration by 50%, up from 40%

Right now PE with glyph is perfect for ascendance. Now with 5.4, the glyph is changed as a stealth nerf. What I hope is they make it even shorter, so it's a 2 minuet cd. 2/3 would line up with asc and smaller 2min cds like lifeblood.

I can dream, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire elemental totem does not benefit ascendence. and ascendence does not benefit Fire Elemental totem.

why would they need to line up per se?

For creating consistent burst dps windows, it is nice in it's current form, but it is not a necessity. Not exactly sure why they are looking at changing the glyph.

The more important cds to align would be our ascendance with warrior's skull banner, which is more cumbersome to do with 4 pc T15 (aside from the fact there's another player involved).

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Right now PE with glyph is perfect for ascendance. Now with 5.4, the glyph is changed as a stealth nerf. What I hope is they make it even shorter, so it's a 2 minuet cd. 2/3 would line up with asc and smaller 2min cds like lifeblood.

I can dream, I guess.
    A stealth nerf to what, exactly? Depending on fight length, this change may actually make the glyph more desirable in PvE. Currently, it's shown to be a dps loss, in the majority of boss fights.

Also, did you mean to say that right now, PE, with the FET glyph, lines up perfectly with Elemental Mastery?

The only reason the change would make any sense, to me, is if this would allow you to use Call of the Elements, to refresh the CD on the (glyphed) fire elemental totem that just expired. Then, I could see desirable glyph applications for both PvE and PvP.

The way the tooltips read, though, suggests that even that wouldn't work.

It is to lower our extreme burst that happens every three minutes. The changes, depending on fights for Siege, might be good or bad we won't really know until we see how long those fights last. I'm looking forward to the new Unleashed Fury myself to play around with some Rune of Origination ideas for the fun of it at the start of 5.4.

The changes to the glyph will not allow FET to be reset with Call of the Elements since the base CD of FET is still 5 minutes. If they did allow that it would be just to powerful to have a one minute fire elemental every three minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I get that they are staggering our cooldowns as a way to disalign out burst. and whether or not it will reduce our damage or be an arbitrary change is entirely dependent on the various burst windows we have to deal with from encounter to encounter.

that being said, 2.5 seem like an odd cooldown. Most cooldowns that are 1 min or longer are: 1 min, 1.5 min, 2 min, 3 min, 5 min, and 8 min. I can't think of any 2.5 min cooldowns in the game. Are there?

Deleted
    Doesnt this mean we can use the talent to reset all totems that have a cooldown of less then 3 min?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Doesnt this mean we can use the talent to reset all totems that have a cooldown of less then 3 min?

The changes to the glyph will not allow FET to be reset with Call of the Elements since the base CD of FET is still 5 minutes.
    Quoting myself to answer that question again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Yeah I get that they are staggering our cooldowns as a way to disalign out burst. and whether or not it will reduce our damage or be an arbitrary change is entirely dependent on the various burst windows we have to deal with from encounter to encounter.

that being said, 2.5 seem like an odd cooldown. Most cooldowns that are 1 min or longer are: 1 min, 1.5 min, 2 min, 3 min, 5 min, and 8 min. I can't think of any 2.5 min cooldowns in the game. Are there?
    Yes I don't like the 2.5 myself. I'd rather it be a solid at 2 or 3, makes things a lot more simple. They do want to throw us a wrench, because we could stack engi/herb cds with every single asc/fire ele. Instead we'll need to use those cds with one or the other (asc/fire ele)

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Yes I don't like the 2.5 myself. I'd rather it be a solid at 2 or 3, makes things a lot more simple. They do want to throw us a wrench, because we could stack engi/herb cds with every single asc/fire ele. Instead we'll need to use those cds with one or the other (asc/fire ele)
    If the new trinket is in fact working with our Elemental Totems, then the Fire Elemental with the Trinket + the Glyph will have a 1.525 minute (91.5 sec). Basically, it will line up with our 1.5 minute (90 second) Elemental Mastery ability fairly nicely. This also means you will be using PFE for 30 seconds, then Searing Totem for one minute, then PFE, etc etc. Not a bad setup imho.

I just saw that trinket, seems very interesting! A bit odd it lowers the cd for SWG but beggers can't be choosers. Isn't it going to be 3 min or so without the glyph to?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Fire elemental totem does not benefit ascendence. and ascendence does not benefit Fire Elemental totem.

why would they need to line up per se?
    if you're using EM, it means you can EM with Asc AND fire ele, without delaying anything

just all lines up nicely.