Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    Ok let me answer again, I believe this is the third time.

The man shares equal responsibility for conception. He should support and aid the child and the mother for the rest of the child's life. Abortion not only excuses the mother in turn for murder, but the father as well. If the couple is not ready for a child, get an adoption.
    Yeah how well do you think either of those options work out...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Have you heard of an umbilical cord?

Or what happens right after fertilization (implantation)?
    It does not matter. The mother is simply the host of the fetus. It is not biologically apart of the mother.

Sometimes I wish some of the people in this thread were aborted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    It does not matter. The mother is simply the host of the fetus. It is not biologically the mother.
    Which is why transferring a foetus from one host to another happens -all the time-, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Good thing it isn't a 'human being'
    You're wrong, it is. A human being begins when the human life cycle begins, when the sperm fertilizes the egg and the zygote is formed. That is where the human begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    No analogy is perfect, you take advantage of the imperfection of such to make a flawed point. The point of saying value is of life, not of monetary concern, but that was the best analogy I could think of on the spot.
    Life isn't inherently valuable

And also life needs to be defined, which is hard to do and will almost always end up being arbitrary

It does not matter. The mother is simply the host of the fetus. It is not biologically the mother.
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're wrong, it is. A human being begins when the human life cycle begins, when the sperm fertilizes the egg and the zygote is formed. That is where the human begins.
    You're conflating human being and human again. They are not the same at all.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry what?

10+ Year Old Account
    It does not matter. The mother is simply the host of the fetus. It is not biologically apart of the mother.
    One of these things is not like the other... (well, actually they are all the same)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say a human being begins when it is an individual being. You know, kind of the definition of 'being'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is why transferring a foetus from one host to another happens -all the time-, right?
    By it I meant the fetus, btw.

Grumash what defines a human being for you?

Not a biological person but a real being with innate rights?

Deleted
    I would say a human being begins when it is an individual being. You know, kind of the definition of 'being'.
    It is its own individual. It is not the mother, and it is not the father. It is a completely new human.

Deleted
    This leads to the argument of abortion being murder or not. Spoiler alert: It is.
    That is false. In terms of both language and law Murder is described as having to be 'unlawful'. Abortions are legal, thus it is not murder.

Nothing happens. Still doesn't give her the right to kill a human being.
    The 'human being'/pre-human in question is only 'alive' due to it being a parasite within the woman's body. Thus, the woman's autonomy trumps the foetus' right to 'life'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Sometimes I wish some of the people in this thread were aborted.
    This reminds me of a quote by former Prime Minister of Australia Gough Whitlam.

"Mister Whitlam, what is your opinion of abortion?"

"Well in your case, it should have been retrospective."

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a biological part of the mother, physically attached to her body via biological tissues.

Deleted
    Sorry what?
    I should have clarified what I meant by it. It being the fetus. The fetus is not the mother.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    It is a biological part of the mother, physically attached to her body via biological tissues.
    It is connected/inside of the mother, but it is not the mother.