Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Found this....http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/33001-the-armsmasters it's likely related to a warrior-only quest to duel wield polerarms.
    That sounds very plausible to me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    This must be a hint at the largely requested class quest to make Death Knights DOUBLE Death Knights!

Death Death Knights! You heard it here first, folks.
    No, there's going to be a quest that will turn you into a Life Knight!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually in my office not NOT playing WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    No, there's going to be a quest that will turn you into a Life Knight!
    Finally.
    The un-unholy DK healing spec.

Why does everyone seem to think that the Warrior only questline will be for duel wielding polearms?

I doubt that they'd make the warrior only questline something that only effects a single spec, or for that matter, has such an effect on gameplay.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainscar View Post
    Finally.
    The un-unholy DK healing spec.
    Spells like:

Rejuvenating Strike
    Death Tap
    Life Strike
    Life Coil

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    It seems kind of odd to have a quest for something as trivial as dual wielding polearms.
    I know. It's like people who keep wanting a quest so they can get green fire. How silly is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Why does everyone seem to think that the Warrior only questline will be for duel wielding polearms?

I doubt that they'd make the warrior only questline something that only effects a single spec, or for that matter, has such an effect on gameplay.
    It seems kind of odd to have a quest for something as trivial as dual wielding polearms. Even in the old days you got quests for neat things like Resurrection, or a nice weapon, or a mount or a new demon. A quest LINE for being able to dual wield polearms seems like it'd be a waste, unless perhaps it gave you two epic polearms at the end to dual wield with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    It seems kind of odd to have a quest for something as trivial as dual wielding polearms. Even in the old days you got quests for neat things like Resurrection, or a nice weapon, or a mount or a new demon. A quest LINE for being able to dual wield polearms seems like it'd be a waste, unless perhaps it gave you two epic polearms at the end to dual wield with.
    Green. Fire. A purely cosmetic effect only affecting a handful of spells that not even all or the majority of warlocks care about or did.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Green. Fire. A purely cosmetic effect only affecting a handful of spells that not even all or the majority of warlocks care about or did.
    Usable by more than one half of one spec though
    Also Dual Wielding polearms... does have a game impact, it's not purely cosmetic (for half of one spec)

What level are the two NPCs? It's usually a good indication of what level players will be interacting with them, even if they're not attackable.

If they're lv80 or lower then it's just for flavour and will serve no purpose. If they're lv90 then max-level players will be directed to them for something.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-06-29 at 01:58 AM.

Maybe this is how a Paladin can finally become a Death Knight.

This is very interesting. I'm wondering where Blizzard will be taking this.

I hope it's not DK-only because I don't have one. These kind of quests tend to make me level one up just to complete them >.<

I guess is because I don't want to repeat missing out on the Priest Benediction or Hunter Rhok'delar >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    This is very interesting. I'm wondering where Blizzard will be taking this.
    The most interesting thing perhaps being how a giant dragon skeleton has appeared..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'd rather a weapon to be honest, but I'm not reading too much into this.

We had an ENTIRE expansion revolving around us. I'd be genuinely shocked if they gave our class the spotlight instead of another.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 01:10 AM ----------

That Red Dragon was a tribute to I think a cancer victim or something. It was a child who had recently died.
    Honestly my stance on Class Quests is they must be able to rival Green Fire.

Why would I want to go through a long questline special to my class for something that's replaced potentially with drops from SoO and probably will never match a transmog set?

A frostwyrm mount would be something DKs could use for a long time and feel proud about. Much like giving Warriors the ability to titans grip polearms.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Usable by more than one half of one spec though
    Also Dual Wielding polearms... does have a game impact, it's not purely cosmetic (for half of one spec)
    How so? It only affects what weapons they can equip, not the strength of those weapons or the strength of SMF in any way.

I hope it's more stuff like greenfire, that was awesome and so are class quests.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    How so? It only affects what weapons they can equip, not the strength of those weapons or the strength of SMF in any way.
    It'd be different if we were talking about Titans Grip being brand new and the concept of 2 2h weapons vs 2 1h weapons.

2 polearms are not better stated or higher dps than 2 2h swords.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post

This might not have any effect on gameplay. GC said they are hopefully going to give warriors the ability to transmog 2h weapons into polearms.
    Source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...29310831288321

Theoretically this means if the glyph unlocks the ability to transmog 2h to polearm, which means it has no affect on gameplay then two specs use it(arms+fury). Green fire is really only usable by two specs too(arms+fury), affliction has no actual fire. Also while it sounds simple, it takes work to animate polearm to do such things, like green fire took some work.

We will have to wait and see but that is probably it.
    Last edited by Therougetitan; 2013-06-29 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Honestly my stance on Class Quests is they must be able to rival Green Fire.

Why would I want to go through a long questline special to my class for something that's replaced potentially with drops from SoO and probably will never match a transmog set?

A frostwyrm mount would be something DKs could use for a long time and feel proud about. Much like giving Warriors the ability to titans grip polearms.
    Warlocks have been asking for green fire since vanilla, and the storyline told in the green fire quest outlines a lot of the mysterious new abilities that warlocks have received, such as the grimoires.

It's kind of hard to expect something like that, given how integral the idea was to a very long class specific desire. I'm all for class quests, but a DK frostwyrm mount would be kind of... pointless.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It'd be different if we were talking about Titans Grip being brand new and the concept of 2 2h weapons vs 2 1h weapons.

2 polearms are not better stated or higher dps than 2 2h swords.
    That'd be true if every strength weapon in each tier was identical
    Usually different weapons are budgeted differently though, two of the same polearm might be better in terms of stats than two of the same axe