Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, look, a KBWarriors post.

Do you ever have anything positive to say? We're discussing a legendary a number of us are excited to get.

If you really think that's why they implemented the Legendary quest you need to reflect on your life a tad bit. They didn't want people to be excluded from Legendaries being Class Specific any longer, and an expansion long way of creating a Legendary feels more rewarding than just doing it in the span of a few weeks.

I think you've had your tinfoil hat on for way too long.
    Oh look, a Destil response who apparently stalks me or just sits here on the forum 24/7.

I'm not saying people aren't excited to get the Legendary, but people are arguing that,

#1 - The catch up method is ridiculous and the way it was implemented is piss poor.
    #2 - It's a way for Blizzard to "Reward" their loyal player base.

I can't believe people honestly believe #2. This quest was done in order to keep people subbed for as long as humanly possible and ridiculous RNG was implemented to help further subscriptions.

Or do you mean to tell me that 100% RNG quests were implemented as a method of fun and character progression?

Also, I'm pretty sure Blizzard announced 50% of Realm Transfers out of the kindness of their hearts and to reward their playerbase. I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with their intentions of practical server merges in 5.4.

As I said, I love this game as much as some of the people on here, but people are holding onto their fanboy jackets too tightly to think Blizzard does no wrong or can do no wrong.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You're right, it's not manipulative at all as the goal of the game is to retain subscribers and to also reward continual play. If an MMO stops rewarding continual play, not only will the lose money/people, but it won't feel as rewarding to the players that do stick around.

I think this expansion has been the most punishing for unsubbing/resubbing, though it hasn't stopped me at all. I think it's a good thing for the game to be honest. As someone who realizes what I'm giving up when I unsub for a month or two, there's nothing wrong with what they are doing. The game needs more of it.
    I think it's a good thing for the game to reward continual play.

The only problem with this particular reward is that if you are behind on it for some reason (new to the game, had to stop for a while due to real life, decided to start it on an alt or two), it's unlikely you can catch up and obtain a meaningful reward while it's, uh, still meaningful.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Also, I'm pretty sure Blizzard announced 50% of Realm Transfers out of the kindness of their hearts and to reward their playerbase. I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with their intentions of practical server merges in 5.4.
    It was 50% off all character services.

Here is what you can get for a paid character transfer: The realm of your choice, now.

Here is what you can get for waiting for VR: Whatever you get, assuming the feature goes live, in a couple of months.

Getting legendary is a reward for participating throughout an entire expansion. You should be grateful at least this time they don't require you to be in top 5% raiding guilds to have a shot at legendary.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Everyone seems to think they are handing out a legendary, but if anyone can withstand to farm out these RNG drops imo its more worthy of a legendary item then just a random drop. I get thats almost the same thing, but there was also other stuff in the quest chain to do and since it took so long it feels different then a lucky 1 time drop. I myself have not seen the ilvl 600 cloak on players that have mainly just LFR, Valor and H Scenario gear. As others have said catch up should not be easy, its for people who stuck with the expansion all throughout. I have 0 upgrades from ToT left and im 1/20 on the Secrets of the Empire. I gotta nut up and bare clearing it each week even tho i have had far more then my fill of ToT, then do it again for the titan runestones. Its rough imo lol, not hard, just rough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may just have good luck, But I Hit 90 last Wednesday and already have 14 Wisdom / 9 power. Run normal's too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Getting legendary is a reward for participating throughout an entire expansion. You should be grateful at least this time they don't require you to be in top 5% raiding guilds to have a shot at legendary.
    In Wrath of The Lich King, people were pugging the Ulduar mace and ICC Axe...

I wonder if Blizzard developers and big wigs chuckle when they read comments like this.

"Do they think we're rewarding them for not unsubbing?"
    "Yes"
    Good goyim

I wonder if Blizzard developers and big wigs chuckle when they read comments like this.

"Yes"
    Good goyim
    I don't know a single person who would down Yogg-Saron in a pug. Or LK for that matter. I don't think there was ever one on my entire server. Just because you say it was done doesn't mean it was commonplace.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    It is disappointing that my Mage I am working on the Helm gem. I admittedly should have had a cape by now, but alas I had to quit for 2 months at the beginning of ToT and my guild broke apart so I just started playing casually. However, I DESPISE the direction taken on Mages, so I am changing classes to my Warlock and.....wooo I get to start ALLLLL over. That part really does suck. I wish there was a system in place where if one of your characters did a part of the quest, your next characters requirements would only be 50% of the needed things or 75%.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 04:17 AM ----------

"Yes"
    Good goyim
    Not as current content. Unless it is a server like Burning Legion where the average player skill is fairly high, I doubt this was common at all.

Deleted
    I read this as

Legendary Ketchup: Unlikely.

I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I read this as

Legendary Ketchup: Unlikely.

I couldn't agree more.

Stopped playing near christmas, i was with 3k/6k valor +-, don't remember quite well. I was back in 3rd week of 5.2. 5.2 went live 5/03, i was back 19/03. +- 3 months in MoP without playing WoW. Completed 12 Runestones last week. 18/06.

Assuming that 5.4 will go live in September, you have almost 3 months to progress through the quest. HOW THE FU** YOU CANT CATCH UP NOW THAT YOU ONLY NEED 3k valor? Even with bad RNG (3 months to catch all runestones), you can take your cloak with 2 months in 5.4 starting the legendary quest NOW. AND they already said sigils will drop in ToT at 5.4, and will continue to drop in T14 in ALL DIFFICULTIES. They will probably BUFF for at least 50%/boss (actual is 20%/boss) the drop of runestones and secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't want a catchup.

I understand that Blizzard wanted to reward loyal costumers with a legendary this expansion with lockouts subscribed being the most crucial aspect of the whole chain and I am OK with it. Legendaries were always a timesink of sorts, and this time around stretching out the timesink while reducing actual effort is an interesting experiment.

However I do think that there should be some sort of account-wide feature going on. Make it so you can switch your progress between chars, or even just limit all acounts to just one legendary quest.

I have never felt so punished trying to keep alts decently up to date, never.
    Try leveling an alt and keeping it geared with the current tier back in TBC...THAT sucked unless you had a really really good guild.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I think it's a good thing for the game to reward continual play.

The only problem with this particular reward is that if you are behind on it for some reason (new to the game, had to stop for a while due to real life, decided to start it on an alt or two), it's unlikely you can catch up and obtain a meaningful reward while it's, uh, still meaningful.
    But that's really the point. They can't design every single feature for people coming late to the party. While I don't have a problem with everyone seeing rewards, there is theory that the lack of exclusives or unique rewards can create lasting problems. Not the least of which is declined enjoyment of the game.

When it is something so significant and impacting, I don't think it should be made so vastly obtainable at later time periods. Things like rep, intro gear, etc...yes...make those things get easier and easier to obtain over the life of an expansion. This increases catch ups and rewards alt play. But a legendary? Not needed imo. If for nothing else, it devalues the meaning of the item so that eventually they will have to always include legendaries and now create 'super legendaries' to replace them.

Having a virtual loot arms race is going to end in the developer losing every time.
    BAD WOLF

My mage dinged about 6 weeks ago and I'm now collecting secrets. It's not hard.