Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think the next expansion would be well over a year away?

People keep making it sound like the next XPAC is right around the corner, but MoP hasn't even been out a year. When Dragon Soul came out we had to wait like a year before the next XPAC, and I heard that when ICC came out in WOTLK that players had to wait even longer. Is it really possible that an XPAC is coming out by the end of 2013, or are people ignoring history?

Thoughts, or opinions?

Deleted
    It won't come out in 2013, but it'll most likely be sooner than previous expansions. Patches this expansion have come really quickly, and Blizzard has stated that they wanted to release expansions faster. I would guess the next expansion to be released March/April 2014.

Blizzard has done an A+ job to get content out much faster this expansion. I wouldn't expect them to fall short on this goal, especially with this patch typically being the patch that gets dragged out the longest. I think before end of 2013 is stretching it. Blizzard historically has avoided launches of major content or expansions too close to the holidays (minus vanilla). It's either going to be in Oct or Nov (highly doubt it personally) or Q1 2014 (much more likely). Probably will see the 6.0.1 patch before end of 2013 tho.

While they have gotten better at pushing out new content patches, they have also addes such an insane amount of stuff to the game that they have made the job of creating a new expansion much bigger then before. It's hard to tell for sure. I suspect (or possibly fear) we will get the new expansion in march or april 2014.

I'm with the Spring 2013 crowd. So 9 to 11 months from now, 5.4 isn't even out yet is a good pace. Probably closer to 9, which would be faster than DS.

Deleted
    I would imagine Beta will start just after Blizzcon, with access and the Fey Dragon mount being annual pass incentives. With the expansion coming March / April 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I'm with the Spring 2013 crowd. So 9 to 11 months from now, 5.4 isn't even out yet is a good pace. Probably closer to 9, which would be faster than DS.
    That would be 2014 then

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    That would be 2014 then
    Right <_<;, still living in 2012 it seems!

My guess is around the end of june, start of july of 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm calling March 2014 for expansion release & the Pre Expac patch in Jan - Feb 2014.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I willing to bet the next expansion will be alpha tested alot more then any other xpack. I even bet that its already been in alpha for a few months. This would lead to a very short beta and a faster release. We could see it this year if that is how they are doing them now.Going with before x-mas for extra sales.
    Aye mate

You know every time everyone says "sooner then you think" and it always ends up being about the same from last raid to new xpac. Unless at blizzcon they say beta will start in December then the soonest we can see this game in July next year if not later.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I willing to bet the next expansion will be alpha tested alot more then any other xpack. I even bet that its already been in alpha for a few months. This would lead to a very short beta and a faster release. We could see it this year if that is how they are doing them now.Going with before x-mas for extra sales.
    if it would be in alpha we would knew, we always knew.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    if it would be in alpha we would knew, we always knew.
    Not if the people playing it signed something that could land them in gaol if they spoke about it outside of testing.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they haven't even trademarked a new expansion yet, so it's hard to tell how long we will wait.

Well here's how I think it will go down roughly. SoO a August-September release. Six to eight months from then the expac will be released in Spring.

Beta can begin in late November(Blizzcon is very early in November). Beta could last for maybe three months, finishing around Febuary-March. Then release sometime in Spring anytime between March to May.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Well they haven't even trademarked a new expansion yet, so it's hard to tell how long we will wait.
    We will soon probably. Past expansion trademarks, by coincidence possibly, have all been around summertime. They have also been a few months before Blizzcon. I'd actually expect a trademark sometime this month imo

Deleted
    Of course it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Not if the people playing it signed something that could land them in gaol if they spoke about it outside of testing.
    Doesn't matter, Boubs always informs us on even the friend and family alphas. It gets leaked no matter how many papers people sign.

Next expansion revealed at Blizzcon, with alpha starting the week after, and beta within the first month for a March to May release date imo.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Assuming they announce the new expansion at Blizzcon, they could even up the ante by announcing Beta being available shortly after Blizzcon.

With a 6 month ish Beta, I'd take a guess that the next expansion will be out in April/May.

early 2014 is my guess. 5.4 in august.. then 6.0 in februar and expansion in march 2014.