Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    For your first thing, EA isn't nearly the worst company in the US. It shouldn't even be in top 10 let alone be on the list for the poll. That entire voting thing was because apparently a majority of the people browsing the site are gamers with little to no connection to the adult world.

EA continues to supply a major demand. While they have undoubtedly dropped the ball on many occasions they still release games that are nothing shy of exceptional.

As to your second point, when a company REALLY is that bad, they won't be making much more money unless they have a monopoly in a certain area. And I can tell you right now that if Xbone had gone live WITHOUT CHANGING A THING they would NOT have been that bad and they very likely would have suffered the same fate as EA; that is, a bunch of gamers on the internet bitching about them while they continue to be financially successful with their product.
    ...their pre-sales were 10-to-1 against. Every news outlet (I'm talking CNN, FoX and such - not gaming) was reporting on the DRM issues.

Above all, people who aren't gamers turn to the advice of their friends who ARE gamers for which system to buy.

My ASS they would've continued to be financially successful with their product! :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...their pre-sales were 10-to-1 against. Every news outlet (I'm talking CNN, FoX and such - not gaming) was reporting on the DRM issues.

Above all, people who aren't gamers turn to the advice of their friends who ARE gamers for which system to buy.

My ASS they would've continued to be financially successful with their product! :P
    And EA was voted the worst company in the US while continuing to be the biggest and richest publisher in the industry. I too hated some of their policies but I also have to admit that while A LOT of what they were doing IS the future for better or for worse (for the worse in the beginning for the better once everything got fleshed out me thinks), I and very likely millions of others still would have picked up the console.

While word of mouth and pre-orders are pretty big factors/indicators, I think that Xbone STILL would have managed to set itself apart/succeed once both consoles were to be released and their exclusive titles with them.

I realize I'm acting like a fortune teller here but I'm just going off of what the negatives in the video game industry have meant for the biggest companies before and it really hasn't matter much at all it seems for the BIGGEST fish in the pond.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-06-29 at 02:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

presales 5 months in advance when there isnt a fucking release date announced means dick. Not a fucking thing. Sorry but Spouting numbers of presale for shit when we dont even know what month its coming out in is just plain stupid. Iv seen games go on preorder 2 years before they released. So those preorders did a fat lot of good. You can claim they would have gone backrupt but we wont know so dont. And sorry but CNN reports on honey boo boos mom getting married so big deal that they had a article. Its not like anyone there would know what the fuck they were talking about to begin with.

Also somthing to point out. Sony sold the ps3 at a huge loss for how long and still managed to pull through? Stop blowing smoke out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    presales 5 months in advance when there isnt a fucking release date announced means dick. Not a fucking thing.
    So preorders a time before the release means nothing? 5 months when there's no release date? Know something we don't there, mate?

If preorders ANY time before the announced release meant nothing, MS would likely have not backtracked on their stances. Your anecdotal evidence means a fat load of shit as well. They obviously mean a fat load of a lot.

Nearly every news source reports on celeb shit, so what? Suddenly everything they report is invalidated because a celeb was reported on?

presales 5 months in advance when there isnt a fucking release date announced means dick. Not a fucking thing.
    Based on the fact that Microsoft most likely changed their strategy in terms of the restrictions on the console due in part to the pre-orders 5 months before release, I'd say that they do matter.

The fact Microsoft did a 180 on dam near everything just a few day's after E3 and the numbers releasing proves you wrong.

As for this comment
    Also somthing to point out. Sony sold the ps3 at a huge loss for how long and still managed to pull through? Stop blowing smoke out of your ass.
    Both Xbox360 and Ps3 sold at a loss. Also you are right the Ps3 sold at a loss but it still sold a ton of consoles. The numbers was so bad on the XboxOne reserves it looked like they where barely going to sell the console at all.

At the rate of reserves it was going to cost Microsoft so much money to ship/make so few consoles that if it kept up with the rate it was going the system would not have even lasted the first 6 months. There is a number they need to hit in sells at release and if they number is not met they have major problems even more so since they just dropped 6 billion dollars into making games for it.

I love of every time people prove you wrong you try to bring the Ps3/Sony into it to defend your argument can't you come up with something better?

When you can defend your claims without using sony/ps3 and some fact feel free to argue with me until then just don't its a waste of both of our time.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-06-29 at 07:56 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

They recanted the DRM becuase the community at large didnt like it. Saying its becuase of shit presales is retarded as they never said that was the reason and you have no way of proving its the reason. Its just a wannabe fact your pulling out of your ass to try and bash the console some more. And its getting old 190 pages of people sperging about this and that and how they dont like it and how it inconviences them and how microsoft is the devil becuase they are a company trying to make money. If you dont like the xbox fine, go away for fucks sake youv made your point here many times, we dont need more pages of the same stupid fucking shit about how they are evil ect. If it has some feature you dont like, dont buy it. no ones forcing you to consider buying it at all. No ones forcing you to watch tv through it.

Ps3 marketed as a MEDIA console that could do EVERYTHING for a good part of this generation so when the xbox trys and market some media OMG XBOX ISNT A GAMING PLATFORM ANYMORE BOOOOOOOO.........

The numbers was so bad on the XboxOne reserves it looked like they where barely going to sell the console at all.
    again reserves on a console with no release date doesnt mean a fucking thing. A random gamestop could start reserves on the xbox 2 and if its reserves are shit does that mean the console is going to fail no. The only thing that will matter is when the sales happen nothing more. We can theorize all we fucking want but in the end its all guesswork and doesnt mean a fucking thing untill the consoles come out and people start buying them.

Based on the fact that Microsoft most likely changed their strategy in terms of the restrictions on the console due in part to the pre-orders 5 months before release, I'd say that they do matter.
    Fact and likely in the same sentence contradicts itself.

So preorders a time before the release means nothing? 5 months when there's no release date? Know something we don't there, mate?
    Release planned for winter/holiday season leaves a window of about 3 months. Not hard to figure out if you pay attention.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2013-06-29 at 08:57 AM.

They recanted the DRM becuase the community at large didnt like it. Saying its becuase of shit presales is retarded as they never said that was the reason and you have no way of proving its the reason. Its just a wannabe fact your pulling out of your ass to try and bash the console some more.
    Prove me wrong ill wait...............O wait you fucken can't.

Let me lay it out for you for a month people was pissed about the XboxOne Reveal and leading up to E3 nothing was changed. Then E3 happen and sony put there foot in microsoft's ass "Not being a fanboy here just stating a fact" people interview Microsoft and they still defended there DRM bullshit. Even people like Angry Joe got a interview with big names "in his case Major Nelson" that still defended this hell one jackass told people if they don't like the DRM buy a xbox 360.

Then a couple day's pass and Amazon/Gamestop release there reserve numbers showing that the XboxOne was barely getting any reserves. The XboxOne was barely getting any reserves because Sony came out and said we will not do DRM you will be able to play your games they belong to you while Microsoft was telling there fans to fuck themselves.

Not even a week after the numbers release Microsoft dose a 180 one EVERYTHING but the kinect. Those are the fact's not numbers or comments or statements pulled out of my ass those are the FACT"S.

Reserves this early DO matter to think different is stupid that is why games have many bonus for you reserving. It as always been a major factor in selling the console it worked with the current gen it worked with the last gen and guess what it is working with the new gen. If you don't think reserving consoles matter then you really are just being one sided and gripping onto anything to try to be right.

So in the words of a former Microsoft employee #DealwithIt

Because I am personally done having a argument with someone so one sided they are calling facts lie's.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-06-29 at 09:07 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone is seriously saying that at the point of the biggest hype that presales don't matter or indicate a likely trend that was so worrying to microsoft that they decided to do away with DRM...no words to describe zeta.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Someone is seriously saying that at the point of the biggest hype that presales don't matter or indicate a likely trend that was so worrying to microsoft that they decided to do away with DRM...no words to describe zeta.
    That is the thing zeta is ether not getting or just outright ignoring.

The whole point of E3 is to build up so much hype about your game/console people go out right after and drop that "60$" or in this case 500$ and buy it. If you can not sell your console after showing it at E3 how in the hell will you sell it release day. People can and have proven time and time again if they love something they will reserve it 9 times out of 10 in full price and wait for it to release. But if you have the PR that Microsoft has had you push people away and no one wants to buy it. The only event that is left is Gamescon and I don't even think Microsoft is in it "I could be wrong" So E3 was there last shot to "Sell" us the system so yes the bad PR will have a major effect on the sells of the console even tho they went back on a lot of there DRM.

Like for example Nintendo showed off some amazing games but also stated they wouldn't release until 2014 but the games they showed was so awesome "Like Mario Kart 8" people have went out and reserved it good chance in full price.

This was Microsoft's moment to do that and they bombed on it hard and are now trying to recover. If they really lissened to the gamer and not the numbers they would have open E3 with "We have removed the DRM here is your games" and may have even stole the show doing it. But that is not what they did sony beat them at E3 the numbers proved it and now Microsoft is trying to recover. I am not saying they can't but when you lose on the biggest gaming stage in a console war it has a really bad effect on your sells even more so when after the show you tell all your fans to go buy a last gen system if they don't like the new one. the same fans will tell Microsoft to go fuck themselfs and take that 300$ add 100$ to it and get a Ps4 over the Xbox 360.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    they still release games that are nothing shy of exceptional.
    We 1999 now?

Deleted
    again reserves on a console with no release date doesnt mean a fucking thing.
    Are you seriously this stupid or ignorant to facts?

They did a 180 because of how poorly the Xbone was being reserved. You know that, why the hell are you denying it?

Saying its becuase of shit presales is retarded as they never said that was the reason and you have no way of proving its the reason.
    If this were in any way true, they would have changed it when the initial backlash was present. They didn't until presales were out and tanking ridiculously hard.

This isn't rocket surgery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rylangel View Post
    Exactly, this isnt Brain science. Pre sales 10 to 1, controllers outselling xbox ones, change DRM policy, presales shoot up....sometiems 2+2 really does just equal 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    So wait, since they went back on all the DRM shit and requiring a connection now then the Kinect paranoia thing shouldn't be to big of a problem as long as you are just playing singleplayer and never go online. Still really silly and stupid to even make it a requirement, sure package it with the console, but make it an option to turn on the Kinect's features at least.

Deleted

So LOL! At 11.33 mins in when angryjoe asks "it must be very simple to disable the 24 hour online check in?" and this fucking douche grabs his mic and says "I'm sorry, are you on the development team?" In a gesture like "STFU moron! Your feeble brain can't comprehend how difficult it would be to do that!"

Couple days later they 180 the decision and turn off the online check just like that LOL!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This just in,

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...tising-in-Mind

I mean. Really?

You would think with the disastrous unveiling that they would try to "butter up" their potential customers ... nope, dig that hole deeper.

xD xD It becomes more and more clear why it's called Xbox1. This is not a gaming console anymore. It's TV Box with camera and mic that tries to feed you as much bs as you can stomach for $500.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Xbox [One], the ad is part of the actual experience, it's not something that is outside
    I'm trying tho think of the time I bought a console that had avertisements touted as one of the epxeriences....still havent thought of one, first time for everything. Just as the xobx was on the up, they throw this out there...its comical.

Quote Originally Posted by rylangel View Post
    If this were in any way true, they would have changed it when the initial backlash was present. They didn't until presales were out and tanking ridiculously hard.

Exactly this. Also Xbone DOES have a relea date and has since E3. PS4 doesn't have a release date yet but they were still creaming Xbox in presales. If you really think that doesn't mean anything you know absolutely nothing about business.