Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well hardly anyone seem to bother doing much at all these days, tanks in DPS gear barely conscious while they try tank. Healers throwing out an aoe heal now and then, and DPS just standing around are very common.

Never seen any problems with people not buffing, however. If there's 1 buff missing, then people go crazy.
    Battle ressing I haven't had many bad experiences with.

Mages not making tables annoys me, but I just bring my own water if i'm healing. No big deal.
    Health stones I see always being used, it's almost like a competition which warlock can plop it down first.

What annoys me the most is probably a 5 man group when on my druid, and there's a paladin for example. I buff MOTW, the paladin instantly casts BoK.
    Why the hell wouldn't they just learn to cast BoM instead.

While I would love to name and shame I will refrain.

One night while doing a world boss run that started at Sha we had a Warlock who absolutely refused to open a warlock portal. He demanded everyone fly to the Sha. I was on my healer and even though everyone pleaded for him to do so he refused. I ended up having to fly to jade forest to pick up a Lvl 89 DK tank on my 2 person flying mount. It took us an additional 20 minutes to get started. The entire group disbanded after Sha because they didn't want to deal with him any more.

The next night I joined an Oondasta group as my warlock and noticed he was in group but I didn't say anything. Before we started the fight he sent me a whisper that his gear needed repair and wanted to know if I could summon him back. I said, "Sure." And then he Hearthstoned. Then I Aggrod the boss and As we were downing the boss I told him that because of how he would not summon us the night before I wasn't going to summon him and he would be sitting this loot drop out. Justice was served.

Depends how I'm asked. If someone demands something in a rude manner I just put them on /ignore and continue on as normal.

I will usually buff the second everyone is in the dungeon anyway, or drop healthstones, or change my totems to suit the group. I'll also battle rez when required without having to be told (though some people still seem unaware that you can only rez once per fight in most situations) - though if its a DPS in LFR I usually don't since I'll save it for when its more important.

I will note that seeing "Summon plz" over and over and over again is very annoying. Especially when I'm in the process of trying to summon people, and no-one else is helping. Not to mention some people demand summons even when they are within 2 minutes flight of the group, while its still being formed.

Oh, and I once commented that I missed being able to mass summon. An arsy mage instantly jumped down my throat by declaring "yeah because its so difficult clicking a button". Instant /ignore.
    Last edited by Durandro; 2013-06-30 at 03:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mad at a Warlock the other night because he was Demo spec and ripping aggro off me super easily.
    Warrior tanks are not fun to tank with at any level. I would just pull and didn't get a thunderclap off and this warlock would just unleash every aoe spell he could. (I'm level 68 btw on my Warrior)

I got a warlock, and I told him I understood that Demo lock was fun but that he needed to calm down since I was a Warrior Tank and it wasn't easy grabbing aggro when he unleashes every aoe the second I pull without giving me a few seconds to cleave and thunderclap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Can't speak for Warlocks because that's damn important mid-fight utility. Also, the druids are probably just cunts.

But mages aren't here to look after you and shouldn't be obligated to make food when you can buy or make stuff for mere silver.

And healers aren't there to hold the hands of people too lazy to run back. I refuse to, myself, and release as soon as I get the chance when I'm dead.
    So you choose to slow down the raid? How quaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Druids not battle ressing, WARLOCKS NEVER BATTLE RESSING and DKs not battle ressing.

Basically anyone not battle ressing a tank mid-fight annoys the heck out of me.
    If it's in LFR I never brez people on my Druid, if I die I wouldn't want someone to rez me, would much rather be able to tab out or go AFK and collect my loot, I hate when I get brez'd, usually don't even accept it in LFR.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about Mage food, I usually don't stop to eat ever, PvE or PvP, there's no point. Warlock stones are helpful, but I truly couldn't care less about them.

I never understood people getting annoyed by being asked for buffs, rezzes, or summoning. It's not being lazy, it's efficiency. If you have an ability that costs you nothing but makes the group perform substantially better or more efficiently, it is your duty to use it. Making an entire group wait 5 minutes for dead to run back when you could rez them in 10 seconds is rude. Making an entire group substantially less powerful and therefore take longer on bosses when you could click one button and give them a buff is rude. Refusing to offer convenience items that cost nothing more than clicking a button is rude.

Now, if you don't want to fulfill your group obligations and refuse to summon, buff, or rez, so be it. But to go over the top and call others lazy or complain just makes a complete ass of yourself and is worthy of a kick if I'm in your group.

I've actually noticed druids not buffing Mark of the Wild, even when you ask them to. Then again, I'm used to druids being a bit more... primadonnas compared to other classes, I don't know why. They are either really nice or have a god complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I've taken up charging for lock portals. 10g per. Which is my way of saying, you come to the raid prepared or not at all.
    Hey, I like being inefficient and wasting more time because someone else did it first by forgetting something. Let us wait longer because I have a problem using the spells in my spellbook.

Toxic attitude right there. You are only helping yourself by opening a portal getting everyone there and starting to clear/clear even faster. Guess what it costs you...nothing.

I alway buff my group as a druid. The main problem I have is the Paladin choosing that same buff as MoW where they should have done the Blessing of the Might.

I guess it depends on the context here, if we're talking like guild runs, I'm surprised none of those people are just being flat out kicked for not doing their jobs.

For LFR, or even dungeon running? Honest answer is who gives a shit, between the people who just /follow and auto attack stuff to the dumbshits who don't use their brez or waste it on that auto attacking dps, I don't expect anything good to come out of LFR. Especially as the lowest dregs of society emerge after the initial run period by the better players is gone. Dungeons, sure you can be nice if you want, but given odds are you'll never see anyone you want to again with a simple /ignore (as the system won't pair people on ignore lists), it just really doesn't matter and you can be a prick if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Can't speak for Warlocks because that's damn important mid-fight utility. Also, the druids are probably just cunts.

But mages aren't here to look after you and shouldn't be obligated to make food when you can buy or make stuff for mere silver.

And healers aren't there to hold the hands of people too lazy to run back. I refuse to, myself, and release as soon as I get the chance when I'm dead.
    Clicking a button to open a table really bothers you that much?
    Yes, because everyone that doesn't run back is automatically lazy. You really should get off that horse of yours.

Just to give an example, imagine being on the way to jikun. Someone dies to the last snail(Whether they were stupid and stood in front of it, or lagged, or whatever, it doesn't really matter the reason). Trash dies and everybody moves to the boss. Now you have to sit there and wait because you refused to rez the dead person and felt the need to "teach him a lesson". Sure he could run back, but it's considerably faster to just res him.

Why is helping people such a big deal? You play an MMO, yet don't see to want to have to deal with other people. Doesn't really make much sense.

It's one thing to say you're not going to help someone that was being a dick, or demanding that you do something, but to make a blanket statement like that makes you look inhumane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malist View Post
    Hey, I like being inefficient and wasting more time because someone else did it first by forgetting something. Let us wait longer because I have a problem using the spells in my spellbook.

Toxic attitude right there. You are only helping yourself by opening a portal getting everyone there and starting to clear/clear even faster. Guess what it costs you...nothing.
    The attitude of "someone will summon me so I don't have to bother going there" is toxic. What are you going to do when everybody expects a summon and nobody shows up? What if the warlock has the same attitude and expects a summon too? What's wrong with holding people accountable for themselves?

If someone forgot something and has to go back to town/bank/mailbox or if someone just dinged/under 90 and can't get there, that's different than someone who CBA to get themselves there.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-30 at 04:02 AM.

I'm usually waiting for somebody to need mage food, Jeeves, a res, etc so I can jump at the opportunity and feel marginally more useful. I mean, it's a button on my screen I rarely get to press otherwise and it's at zero personal expense, so why not? Providing conveniences for people is satisfying and makes BGs and LFs less impersonal, and it plain makes sense from both a gameplay and decent person perspective. I don't think Blizzard gave me the spells to keep away from the dirty Azeroth entitlement generation like some kind of bourgeois misanthrope, after all.

I can't even wrap my head around the idea of refusing to summon somebody over some passive aggressive feeling they're a lazy dreg sucking on the teat how dare they not fly here rah rah. I wonder how many of those folks will complain about how there's "no community anymore" in the same breath -- maybe you being an insufferable prima donna to the people you're playing with doesn't help?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    I've actually noticed druids not buffing Mark of the Wild, even when you ask them to. Then again, I'm used to druids being a bit more... primadonnas compared to other classes, I don't know why. They are either really nice or have a god complex.
    I think I've used Mark of the Wild twice this expansion on my Druid, Paladins/Monks give the same buff and since Prot Paladins and Holy Paladins are both strong, and all 3 Monk specs are strong, there's an over abundance of the 5% Stat buff. =\ Wouldn't be too shocked if some Druids just forgot they had it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids not battle ressing, WARLOCKS NEVER BATTLE RESSING and DKs not battle ressing.

That is an issue of calling out. It is a bystander effect, we all think someone else is going to do it.

As for healthstones, I do it because I want one personally, a warlock that doesn't sucks.

As for demonic portal stones? Fuck that.. no one ever helps and I sit there summoning 10-25 people all on my own, even when I flew my ass here, doesn't mean I have time to click for all you people.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 03:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    I never understood people getting annoyed by being asked for buffs, rezzes, or summoning. It's not being lazy, it's efficiency. If you have an ability that costs you nothing but makes the group perform substantially better or more efficiently, it is your duty to use it. Making an entire group wait 5 minutes for dead to run back when you could rez them in 10 seconds is rude. Making an entire group substantially less powerful and therefore take longer on bosses when you could click one button and give them a buff is rude. Refusing to offer convenience items that cost nothing more than clicking a button is rude.

Now, if you don't want to fulfill your group obligations and refuse to summon, buff, or rez, so be it. But to go over the top and call others lazy or complain just makes a complete ass of yourself and is worthy of a kick if I'm in your group.
    So... when I as a warlock am sitting there with 5 people, and im the only one summoning, what is that? if at least one person does it, summoning goes between 1-2 times faster, accounting for overlap, but no.. no one helps, they sit there and do jack shit.

I can see summoning people who got invted late, or maybe have a low mount. but if me and some bloke are invited the same time, or im invited after, if I show up before them.. they are lazy. no doubt
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2013-06-30 at 07:33 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    What DO people like to help with these days? Anything?

Call me crazy but I always liked using what skills I had to help out... be it opening doors, using stealth to take a peek ahead when its just me and a friend trying to run something we're not too familiar with; was always a little sad they never made much of the disarming traps stuff.

Deleted

Blame the Muppet's who battleres their low-dps friends who scream for a res after standing in a fire.

Warlocks refusing to summon a soulwell for lock stone should be slapped, However I do understand why my fellow locks outside of raids refuse to use a summoning ritual. When you have an announcement saying your casting it, and people don't bother clicking the thing and just running away / chatting away to each other, even though they are stood on top of you gets VERY annoying.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    What DO people like to help with these days? Anything?

Call me crazy but I always liked using what skills I had to help out... be it opening doors, using stealth to take a peek ahead when its just me and a friend trying to run something we're not too familiar with; was always a little sad they never made much of the disarming traps stuff.
    I pretty much love feeling like I can help people out this game. Here's some of what I do in game:

- Need a set crafted and have all the mats? Bring it to me and I won't charge for it. (Unless of course it requires the use of expensive mats of my own like Spirits of Harmony.)

- Need a portal? I've got a mage and making portals is free. Anyone who charges for something they can make for free is a scammer. Especially when they're doing it to low levels wanting to get to Outland or something.

- I drop my own Great Pandaren Banquets in dungeons, raids, PvP and Scenario. I can always make more, I've got a full farm, maxed cooking in all the ways. Why would I ignore using those which I've put time into upgrading?

- I drop my healthstones or use my summoning portal whenever I can on my Warlock. If it's not on cooldown I'm certainly not going to tell someone "Just fly and dont be lazy." the way I see it, the sooner they get to the group... the sooner we can do whatever we were planning to do.

- If someone is looking for a rogue to open their Ghost Iron boxes and they aren't getting any replies, I'll give them a ghost iron skeleton key from my Blacksmithing for free. I've had people give me the box with it's contents in return for doing this.

I don't do these things because I have to. I do them because I want to. Not enough of the community helps each other in this game... and much of the community that does do it... often does it with an angry, hateful glare and moody low toned grumbling. Those people need to get over themselves.
    Butts.

I'm a mage and I can't remember the last time I ate anything other than buff food right before a pull. Between out of combat regeneration and smart heals, food seems kinda outdated.