Page 34 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LSPrimigenia View Post
    1) ~11k spirit, 30%+ mastery. Heal (relatively) conservatively, melee for mana, occasionally CS for HP generation. Mastery bubbles obviously slightly bigger
    2) 15-17k+ spirit, whatever mastery is left (~22%+). HR frequently (even if it overheals) for HP generation. More healing going out, but bubbles slightly smaller.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Dei/advanced

Mastery stacking is pretty insane. There's a lot of times when you can melee for mana in hms this tier. I think the one big exception to that is Twins, and it is by far my weakest fight. I would suggest once you get Horridon's Last Gasp to go full mastery. Use CS/HS on cd and never cast LoD. Use EF on Beacon>You>OT>People taking damage>People about to take damage. But just get as many EFs out as you can without ruining your mana. Make a HUGE weakaura for the meta and try to get in two FoL in on every proc. Don't let the cast finish if the proc is going to run out. Treat Holy Pally like Ret, in the sense that building HoPo>almost everything.

I m in a 10man group for ToT.We re usually 3 healing (2*paly+druid).However our druid is about to go on vacation for a long time and this lets us 2 holy palas work on heroic progress on ToT.
    Is a 2 pala combo doable in heroic ToT?
    Should one of us leave mastery-absorb healing and try something with haste/crit to get better as a team?
    About EF,should i blanket with 3 HP,2 or 1 is enough?I assume this gets stronger in a 2 healing group but i dont know how it ll work out with double paly.I should note here that i am currently using the 4 set piece.I understand i shouldnt do that however there were 3 of us (we were also doing 25man) and it felt right that one of us has it. *taking one for the team*!
    I ve been trying blanketing with just one for heroic tortos.Basically i would throw a holy light and then a EF with 1 HP on the person to get the mastery and the crystal rolling however i ve been blamed that i do this just for the numbers.I should point out i dont really care about the numbers in healing compaired to others healers -if we get the kill i m all happy- but i do try to do the best i can and i feel bad being blamed for that.
    I m reaaally comfortable with my spirit at the moment so i ve decided to keep the spirit at the current number while gemming for mastery as my gear changes and perhaps using intellect flask.
    I should mention i generally never melee attack anything and i dont really believe most bosses on ToT allow me to (on heroic difficulty that is).I can on some but i dont see the reason when i m doing that well with mana.I should probably try to crusader strike things but to be honest i even avoid that.

I will post logs and i welcome AAAAAAALL the critisism i can get,i hope it will improve me as a healer and help me get through 2 healing ToT heroic easier.
    Unfortunately,being a new member and all i cant post links here.Seeing as you re all pretty pationate you wont mind taking the long road now would you?
    My characters name is Mpouliakos in Twisting nether EU.
    World of logs: realms-->English--->EU-Twisting Nether-->Hellenic Horde 10M G1.
    I should be in all of them,the tortos kill being the last one that was posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mpouliakos logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/261869/

I'm kinda busy atm (and still suck horribly at reading logs), so I'll refrain from telling you how to not suck for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by Mpouliakos View Post
    I m in a 10man group for ToT.We re usually 3 healing (2*paly+druid).However our druid is about to go on vacation for a long time and this lets us 2 holy palas work on heroic progress on ToT.
    Is a 2 pala combo doable in heroic ToT?
    Should one of us leave mastery-absorb healing and try something with haste/crit to get better as a team?
    About EF,should i blanket with 3 HP,2 or 1 is enough?I assume this gets stronger in a 2 healing group but i dont know how it ll work out with double paly.I should note here that i am currently using the 4 set piece.I understand i shouldnt do that however there were 3 of us (we were also doing 25man) and it felt right that one of us has it. *taking one for the team*!
    I ve been trying blanketing with just one for heroic tortos.Basically i would throw a holy light and then a EF with 1 HP on the person to get the mastery and the crystal rolling however i ve been blamed that i do this just for the numbers.I should point out i dont really care about the numbers in healing compaired to others healers -if we get the kill i m all happy- but i do try to do the best i can and i feel bad being blamed for that.
    I m reaaally comfortable with my spirit at the moment so i ve decided to keep the spirit at the current number while gemming for mastery as my gear changes and perhaps using intellect flask.
    I should mention i generally never melee attack anything and i dont really believe most bosses on ToT allow me to (on heroic difficulty that is).I can on some but i dont see the reason when i m doing that well with mana.I should probably try to crusader strike things but to be honest i even avoid that.
    As far as your theory goes,
    Generally I'd recommend 2HP EFs for raid healing, 1HP doesn't use enough mana and uses far too many GCDs, which as your raid have said, is how Holy Paladins get numbers, but why do you care? You're stacking shields on as many people as possible to make the fight go as smoothly as possible, any healing you do is just gravy to that.
    You should be using Int Flask/Int Food long before you start changing your gear priority, make sure you're happy with that setup before you start playing with your gear.
    And when it comes to melee/CS, you're right in that a lot of fights on Hc don't let you melee, so its a bit pointless to gear around it, but you should at least be thinking about using CS in any small down times you have, specially useful if you use it with the meta proc

I guess i shouldnt care.I ve been using intellect food since ever but flask i m just trying now and seeing how it goes.For tortos it was great.
    As far as the meta gem goes i would prefer squizing in 2 flash heals on the beaconed target rather than crusader striking but its an interresting thought that hadnt occured to me.
    Do you have any recommendations after seeing logs?I also welcome your thoughts on 2 healing with double pala in ToT.
    One more thing.When blanketing EF Devine Purpose>Holy avenger yes?But its soo strong (and on demand rather than being rng)that i dont wanna let it go..

**Edit:My god.Post 666 !
    Last edited by Linkin2895; 2013-06-30 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    2 healing with holy paladins should be fine, I'd stay away from it next patch though. You guys sure meta procs are better spent on 2 FL rather than 1 HR 1 HS? I've been very successful using the meta for hr hs and running with divine purpose.

My logs from wednesday: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fz...vv/details/14/

Did pretty well on all of the bosses except durumu (died very early) and dark animus (never do well on that shit)
    Last edited by mmoc48fa58d72b; 2013-06-30 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpouliakos View Post
    I guess i shouldnt care.I ve been using intellect food since ever but flask i m just trying now and seeing how it goes.For tortos it was great.
    As far as the meta gem goes i would prefer squizing in 2 flash heals on the beaconed target rather than crusader striking but its an interresting thought that hadnt occured to me.
    Do you have any recommendations after seeing logs?I also welcome your thoughts on 2 healing with double pala in ToT.
    One more thing.When blanketing EF Devine Purpose>Holy avenger yes?But its soo strong (and on demand rather than being rng)that i dont wanna let it go..
    2 Flashes are your best bet when using the meta, but sometimes you can squeeze in a CS and not an FL, thats a good time to use it
    Also as far as DP vs HA, it entirely depends on the fight, some of them benefit greatly from a large blanket every 2 minutes, others benefit more from the more consistent blanket you get from DP, you've got to feel the fight really, one thing to note though is that DP scales with the amount of HP you use it with, so take that into consideration when you're planning.

Quote Originally Posted by linbro View Post
    You guys sure meta procs are better spent on 2 FL rather than 1 HR 1 HS? I've been very successful using the meta for hr hs and running with divine purpose.
    You are running 25man,i m going on 10 man atm.Generally if i want to use HR to heal people i use it if its 3 or more people stacked up and that doesnt happen a lot in 10man (especially my guild..) where you may have on 2 melee dps and the ranged are 1 on Jin'rokh area one on Horridon's area and so on...i cant count how many times i had to chase people to heal em.
    When we were doing 25man i was trying to squize 2 HR on lucidity,hoping for an Infusion of Light proc to make my life easier.
    Sometimes however if we re mid fight and i m really doing well with mana i m using holy radiance just for the HP generation+stacking up a bit of mastery hoping we wont fuck things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    2 Flashes are your best bet when using the meta, but sometimes you can squeeze in a CS and not an FL, thats a good time to use it
    Also as far as DP vs HA, it entirely depends on the fight, some of them benefit greatly from a large blanket every 2 minutes, others benefit more from the more consistent blanket you get from DP, you've got to feel the fight really, one thing to note though is that DP scales with the amount of HP you use it with, so take that into consideration when you're planning.
    As we found out in another thread. CS isn't mana free using the meta.

FoL is good because ideally. if you are complete free when the meta is up you can get 2 flashes and a holy shock or maybe Holy Prism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyaza View Post
    2. CD usage. I went over a lot of your logs and I noticed that while you do use Avenging Wrath, Divine Favor, and Holy Avenger (on some fights for HA), you never use them as many times in a fight as you could use them.
    Well you shouldn't use your cds on cooldown, you should use them when they are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by linbro View Post
    2 healing with holy paladins should be fine, I'd stay away from it next patch though. You guys sure meta procs are better spent on 2 FL rather than 1 HR 1 HS? I've been very successful using the meta for hr hs and running with divine purpose.

My logs from wednesday: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fz...vv/details/14/

Did pretty well on all of the bosses except durumu (died very early) and dark animus (never do well on that shit)
    In 25 man yes, but in 10 man I would not suggest using it on HR unless your raid is grouped up. It's better spent on topping some1 off with fol or shielding the tank if no one needs healing imo.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-06-30 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    As we found out in another thread. CS isn't mana free using the meta.

FoL is good because ideally. if you are complete free when the meta is up you can get 2 flashes and a holy shock or maybe Holy Prism.
    Ah yes, I forgot about that, sorry

Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%AEke/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#l!X\|IprMR
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/260799/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I am looking to see where i can improve and what i can do to help out my raid more so anything that you can give me for advice would help out
    Description of Playstyle: I tend to try to tank heal on some fights but now that my guild pretty much can clear all of ToT in one night and that we are starting to work on heroics i like to tank heal but then also throw some raid healing out when its required and when it is needed. so again anything that you can find that i can do better would help out. also when i am in melee range and have some down time should i be using Crusader Strike for more HP?

You should log out on your holy spec or at least your pve holy gear.

You could use the meta proc on a proc'd HR, but a lot of times the meta procs during a gcd and it's hard to get a full hard cast in.

You could use HS, but for optimal mana use and HoPo building, you should use [during meta] FL, FL, FL, being careful to cancel the last FL if the meta will fall off. After the meta falls off, you should HS unless full Hopo and keep going with your H Pal life.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%AEke/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#l!X\|IprMR
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/260799/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I am looking to see where i can improve and what i can do to help out my raid more so anything that you can give me for advice would help out
    Description of Playstyle: I tend to try to tank heal on some fights but now that my guild pretty much can clear all of ToT in one night and that we are starting to work on heroics i like to tank heal but then also throw some raid healing out when its required and when it is needed. so again anything that you can find that i can do better would help out. also when i am in melee range and have some down time should i be using Crusader Strike for more HP?

If you're going to go for a full spirit build, you should push out WAY more EFs than you currently are. It's not terrible to put it on people besides the tank as the beacon healing adds up very very fast.

Also, I don't agree with your spirit trinket. You should use the shado pan assault trinket or the lei shen trinket for output.

Your Holy Prism healing is pretty low, often it will be my 3rd/4th heal. Timing is key.

Hi Everyone. I've been reading over this thread, trying to get tips on improving my healing. May I ask where, on WoL, do you get your specific advice, and what do you look for? I'm just getting familiar with WoL, and I'm having a hard time finding some of the specifics I see mentioned here (like saying someone's % of HS is low, or not enough EF, or are casting the wrong abilities after the meta proc) I'm doing my best to follow along, but I feel like I'm missing some key stats. Is this information right in front of me, and I'm missing it?

I'd love to be able to critique my own logs after a night of attempts. Any advice is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Daxy View Post
    Hi Everyone. I've been reading over this thread, trying to get tips on improving my healing. May I ask where, on WoL, do you get your specific advice, and what do you look for? I'm just getting familiar with WoL, and I'm having a hard time finding some of the specifics I see mentioned here (like saying someone's % of HS is low, or not enough EF, or are casting the wrong abilities after the meta proc) I'm doing my best to follow along, but I feel like I'm missing some key stats. Is this information right in front of me, and I'm missing it?

I'd love to be able to critique my own logs after a night of attempts. Any advice is appreciated!
    Check the link in my sig. I did a whole write up on log analysis.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Check the link in my sig. I did a whole write up on log analysis.
    Lucyrotten, this is a fantastic resource. I'm learning a ton and already have a list of changes to make. Thanks so much!

Lucyrotten, this is a fantastic resource. I'm learning a ton and already have a list of changes to make. Thanks so much!
    I agree. I checked out your blog awhile back and it is very very helpful

Thanks! Glad it helped!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absyrd View Post
    I agree. I checked out your blog awhile back and it is very very helpful
    Hopefully have something new soon. I've sort of been waiting for 5.4 changes but I'll do another thing shortly.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.