haste breakpoint question

Apparently the magic haste breakpoint is 12684 haste. Is that with frost armor and raid buff and spell haste? So if I am looking at my character in the screen, it says I have 9,712 haste (frost armor does not change this number). Between the 2 buffs, that brings me up to me up to 10910, meaning I still have to gem for another 1774 to make this breakpoint.

Is this right? I am not sure how people are deciding if they are making their breakpoints.

My character is facetarian on emerald dream. If someone could please explain how to make this number, that would be so helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by facetarian View Post
    Apparently the magic haste breakpoint is 12684 haste. Is that with frost armor and raid buff and spell haste? So if I am looking at my character in the screen, it says I have 9,712 haste (frost armor does not change this number). Between the 2 buffs, that brings me up to me up to 10910, meaning I still have to gem for another 1774 to make this breakpoint.

Is this right? I am not sure how people are deciding if they are making their breakpoints.

My character is facetarian on emerald dream. If someone could please explain how to make this number, that would be so helpful.
    12684 rating is what your character sheet should say when you scroll over it. Frost Armor + Raid Haste are then added on top of that.

So, the 18th NT tick = 12684 haste rating + Frost Armor + Raid Haste

Quote Originally Posted by facetarian View Post
    Thank you!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...r=false&gid=39

this will make your life easier.

That is very helpful. I am curious if there is a spell power breakpoint I should be reach before going for hast though. To achieve this breakpoint I did end up sacrificing about 1k sp. My character is facetarian on emerald dream. Thank you!

Deleted
    i changed the spreadsheet a little bit some time ago to get all the haste buffs covered as arcane or fire. i guess i can share it.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TlAzc3c#gid=39
    also its for trolls only
    Last edited by mmoc8d035151f1; 2013-07-01 at 12:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    12684 rating is what your character sheet should say when you scroll over it. Frost Armor + Raid Haste are then added on top of that.

So, the 18th NT tick = 12684 haste rating + Frost Armor + Raid Haste
    Does that then mean NT with the extra tick > LB for single target frost?
    I know the next haste breakpoint for LB is much higher, but I'm assuming the whole LB single target still applies even at 12684?

Deleted
    Yes and no.
    The DPS of the bombs doesn't belong to the breakpoints.
    The DPET belongs to breapoints. So meaning all you accomplish when u hit a new Breakpoint is that u save a few GCD over the fight which u can fill with other spells.
    Overall it comes to one question:
    LB is slightly stronger on Singletarget (at each hastepoint. There is no point where flat NT is better then flat LB)
    NT produces more FFBs (but also tends to overwrite them).
    Depending on Haste NT or LB need more GCDs in a set fightlength. (after each breakpoint this dot should need the lesser number of GCDs to reapply)
    So the question is:
    Is the dmg of the extra FFBs and the dmg of this few GCDs more than the dmg LB would bring over NT.
    You also have to think about clipping. LB is really easy to clipp. NT-clipping can be crucial.

TL;DR:
    This question right now has no answer.
    Take what u think is better.
    Go to a raiddummy and fight 10 minutes with LB and 10 minutes with NT. Then decide for your own.
    IMO i take LB for singletarget and NT for multitarget. But only if its needed. For farmruns im to lazy to change. I stay with NT and its fine. Only for LeiShen (which we are trying right now) i take LB.