Poll: X-pack with best looking tier sets

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am just voting for my own class now, and that would have to be TBC. The time when druid sets actually fit my vision of druids. Ever since then I find most druid sets to look evil or corrupted(or well... that's only halfway true, but I have liked nothing after T7). That's totally oposite of what I personally want my druid to be.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2013-06-30 at 08:07 PM.

Nothing beats TBC tier. Wotlk is second tho.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    ...plus, I don't remenber anyone really hating on the tier sets of TBC, quite the opposite actually.
    Me neither. The only thing I remember was a paladin friend being a bit upset that both T4 and T5 were pink'ish. That opened up for some mocking. Besides that I recall most people really liking their sets, and people drooling over the warlock wings. Though, a lot of people hated the actual mask that came with them .

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Funny how many votes TBC/WOTLK is getting.

I remember lots whining (especially paladins) in TBC about the armour not fitting into WoW and being too shiny and space-like.

I remember lots of whining in WOTLK about the gear being very bland and sameish with lots of dark colours and brown
    All Wrath armor needed tons more skulls ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC is gonna win this by a landslide. And overall I agree. Most bang for your buck in awesome.

Deleted
    I really like the Vanilla rogue tier sets, especially the Bloodfang one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    T5 was designed on a theme. Draenei paladins.
    Uh no those were eye crystals like in TK. Tier 4 was what the Paladins wore.

Deleted
    Definitely TBC for me.
    Druid T4. Priest T5+T6. Shaman T6. Amazing sets... Just amazing.

BC by far. I mean warlock and priest alone would be enough to put it ahead of all other expansions. They hired new artists in wrath, and those artists have been producing the same "realistic" brown and metally crap ever since. Just poor taste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Funny how many votes TBC/WOTLK is getting.

I remember lots whining (especially paladins) in TBC about the armour not fitting into WoW and being too shiny and space-like.

I remember lots of whining in WOTLK about the gear being very bland and sameish with lots of dark colours and brown
    Key word for your first point is paladin. For your second, people were talking about the leveling gear, which was a direct result of people whining that they looked like clowns leveling up in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's got to be TBC, some of the sets are so awesome that I've farmed them for ages and it feels worthwhile. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I really like Paladin T5, never got why people didn't... it fits one of the themes of T5 raiding (The Eye).

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 07:51 PM ----------

The whinning in WotLK wasn't directed at TIER gear from what I remenber, but towards PvP gear.

and in TBC, well, too long ago, plus, I don't remenber anyone really hating on the tier sets of TBC, quite the opposite actually.
    The problem is whenever Blizzard design gears base on raid theme it mostly went wrong. Pally T5 and some TBC gears got a lot of complaints for being too exotic. TBC has the best tiers overall though.

TBC had consistently most impressive tier sets except for one or two.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    For your second, people were talking about the leveling gear, which was a direct result of people whining that they looked like clowns leveling up in TBC.
    Which could've been easily amendment by Blizzard putting in some care of what sort of set themes certain areas would offer from quests and such, instead of literally randomising everything not only by their item set, but then a colour aswell on top of that.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I think making tier sets based off the environment and not the class was a poor decision. I guess maybe they ran out of ideas but the majority of new sets are horrible in my opinion. Why does my Priest look like a Mogu with a few extra chromosomes? That isn't very Priesty in my opinion.
    Hi Sephurik

TBC, because I play Priest, and, well, you know, since WoTLK our sets are being designed by blind handless mindless zombies (ex. t8 and t12, they were nice, but not nice enough to overcome my precious t5 and t6)
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-06-30 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, think I'll go with TBC, probably more consistant overall. They really do need to get back to being inspired by the class ahead of the raid instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata is Hit or Miss. MoP is Hit or Miss. Wrath and below seem to do better. Most of the time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I think making tier sets based off the environment and not the class was a poor decision. I guess maybe they ran out of ideas but the majority of new sets are horrible in my opinion. Why does my Priest look like a Mogu with a few extra chromosomes? That isn't very Priesty in my opinion.
    That is the exact problem I have with the current tier armors, and why I think the PVP seasonal themes are so much better, they're not based off of anything, they just fit the class.

It really depends on classes but i guess TBC overall, for T6 alone if anything else. Only meh looking T6 were Hunters, the rest was completly amazing.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    That is the exact problem I have with the current tier armors, and why I think the PVP seasonal themes are so much better, they're not based off of anything, they just fit the class.
    Agreed with that too.

IMO; tier 6 was the pinnacle.

It's not based on the raid.
    It was based on the classes, not the theme of the area.
    My favourite in particular is Tier 6; Lightbringer.
    You're a shining beacon of the Light, the Light radiates from your very armor. Inscribed on one shoulder is a prayerbook which blesses the innocent and the just and on the other a Hammer of the Righteous to strike down the corrupt and the unjust.

I am also a huge fan of BC armor in general with exception given to some of the floating crystal gear, I don't like that as much.