10+ Year Old Account

Workaround to Metamorphosis bug.

I'm currently working up a warlock alt and have encountered a bug in which Metamorphosis does nothing. Tooltip shows 0% increase and thats what I see when spamming sbolts. 0 difference between in form and out, kinda makes Demo a pointless spec at the moment. I'm not even sure it fixes itself at higher levels from what I've found searching forums and would rather not bother levelling if there isn't a workaround. This issue has been ongoing since May at least according to forum posts and I'm just wondering if anyone has a fix.

it's not an issue. you have 0 mastery before lvl 80, and the meta damage buff comes from mastery (multiplied by some other numbers). any number times zero equals zero.

but meta is still desirable in lower levels because it makes shadow bolts instant cast, and that's good.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    This may be true, but if so there likely needs to be a tooltip change in the spellbook as the spellbook version specifically says "Increasing damage dealt by 24.00%"

And it really doesn't make sense that the signature ability for 1 spec of 1 class is almost worthless until level 80.

I'm missing something about instant shadow bolts, how does meta allow them to be instant cast?

How are instant cast shadowbolts almost worthless?

edit: nvm it's not instant cast shadowbolts it changes shadowbolts to an instant cast shorter range nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscone View Post
    This may be true, but if so there likely needs to be a tooltip change in the spellbook as the spellbook version specifically says "Increasing damage dealt by 24.00%"

And it really doesn't make sense that the signature ability for 1 spec of 1 class is almost worthless until level 80.

I'm missing something about instant shadow bolts, how does meta allow them to be instant cast?
    Because shadow bolt becomes touch of chaos in metamorphosis which is instacast.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

I came here thinking there was a metaM bug, and that you found a workaround for said bug. I have found neither.

workaround must mean something totally different to us IT ppl.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    My apologies for the confusion of me finding a workaround to a bug you have not encountered.

So Meta is pointless until level 25 when you get touch of chaos then?

Are you sure this isn't actually a bug because that seems a pretty strange mechanic to completely gut for the levelling process.

My apologies for the confusion of me finding a workaround to a bug you have not encountered.

Are you sure this isn't actually a bug because that seems a pretty strange mechanic to completely gut for the levelling process.
    Blizzard does not make much of an attempt to balance the game around leveling. The game has been endgame-centric since WotLK. Welcome to the World of Warcraft.

Furthermore, the developer who completely redesigned warlocks this expansion developed the entire class heavily focused on endgame PvE gameplay; which is why when you're leveling a warlock these days, you receive spells before you receive mechanics that allow their proper use (i.e. Soulfire learned at lvl 13 but Molten Core procs not learned until lvl 69), and why none of the specs actually make sense in PvP (affliction: channeled filler, demonology: nothing but instant casts, destruction: long ass casted super nuke).
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-07-01 at 01:44 AM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

There's a lot of unique things going on with demonology warlocks beside metamorphosis, such as Wild Imps, Hand of Gul'dan, Felguard, and Doom. Granted, you have to level up a bit to experience these things, too, but that's the point of leveling-up.

There was a time where the only things that made a demonlogy warlock uniquely "demonology" were Demonic Sacrifice and Soul Link (which was a short-duration buff on the GCD which cost mana and that caused half of the damage you suffer to be directed at your pet).

As I said in another thread, which is basically the same as this thread, a lot of classes don't get their 'big dps' passives until Mastery is earned at 80, but all the classes can still function. You can't even get mastery on gear until 80, and your big DPS cooldown, Dark Soul, is also gained -after- you get mastery.

Metamorphosis will evolve as you level up, just like every other spec gets new spells as they level. You will take less damage, reduce CC duration, transform spells into improved versions, and eventually get a big damage boost near end-game levels.

it is pretty strange, and it could be changed in the future, but it`s not a bug, and I don't really see blizzard fixing an "issue" that's only bothersome for 15 levels in the near future (especially when there are 90 levels, not to mention low level leveling is ultra fast lol)

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 12:03 PM ----------

also: meta is not pointless until level 25.

on level 10 you earn meta, and you can use it to summon demons instantly using demonic fury. if your demon dies or if you feel like swapping your current demon for your other one, this is really useful.

though mana isn't really a great concern on lower levels you can also use it to save mana while using drain life (it'll consume demonic fury instead of mana).

on level 12, you earn demonic leap. it helps on traveling, getting out of fire, running away from mobs and saving yourself from falling damage.

on level 13 you earn soul fire. again, you can use metamorphosis to cast soulfires and save mana.

on level 20, you earn your succubus, one new pet to summon instantly with meta.

but meta's utility vastly increases on level 25 with touch of chaos, and level 27 with nether plating. you'll deal more damage and take less damage on meta, and that's godly for leveling.

even after this, meta continues to evolve as you gain new meta skills over time (such as doom, void ray, chaos wave, carrion swarm and cursed auras). but yes, it'll become much more powerful at level 80 when you get mastery.

I think this is one of the most beautiful things about meta: it evolves along with you. it starts as mildly useful and soon becomes your main spell.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

I think this is one of the most beautiful things about meta: it evolves along with you. it starts as mildly useful and soon becomes your main spell.
    It's ironic that it went from the end-goal of Demo where it was the ultimate spell you were always aspiring towards, but when you had it it was a very powerful and medium CD spell (3 mins AFAIK) but now it's almost as if in the meta-story, Warlocks have perfected the art and, as you say, teach it early to the younglings to get their demonic form to grow as they do, and in the game, you use it rotationally, probably more times than a Frost Mage uses Frost Orb, or a Balance druid goes from Lunar to Solar to Lunar again.