Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I try to watch the little tournaments that happen on twitch, but usually turn it off if that Blu guy is casting. He is just beyond annoying for my liking.
    For me it's just that nearly all his calls are wrong and he doesn't provide any additional information. "Zomg the mesmer died" is something I can see myself without any issue. "zomg the blue mesmer died, red'll now have to defend far point since he'll rez there" is something I know but is nice to have pointed out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrrom View Post
    Where does Anet respond to tickets or whatever it's called, via email or somewhere in your account?

Also, how long is the average wait time for a response?
    I`m not sure if they do replies.
    I know when I`ve sent in bug/cheat reports etc, it pops up saying something about no replies.
    If important, you could email them or NCSoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrrom View Post
    Where does Anet respond to tickets or whatever it's called, via email or somewhere in your account?

Also, how long is the average wait time for a response?
    support answers via email; I had quick response times and my problem was solved fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    To be fair, shoutcasting is a lot like announcers in sports...99% of the time they're not really telling you anything you don't already know, it's just part of the tempo of the event.
    Difference is tactics don't come into play as much in "real" sports. "So jim what do you think the black bruthas have to do to win this game" "Well bob they should get ball possession and try to score"

vs

"what do you think red should do to come back" "I think they should focus on the off-points, it's clear they can't win the group fight so splitting is the only option"

Again I agree, but you have to understand the background of that. First of "casters" were for radio, so they had to make it exciting to bring the tension across. Second, TV can't keep up with the plays. It happens quite often that the ball is on the other side and the director is still figuring out what camera to switch to.

The depth of soccer is also quite minimal and the only real "tactics" are falling for penalties and putting your entire team on defense after you've scored...

There is a skill to play by play and color commentator. I don't watch esports, do they have an announcing setup like on television? A big difference also is that for pro sports the announcers are professionals, that's how they make their living and some of them make a lot of money doing it. I imagine in esports they don't get paid or if they do, it's very little. The point is that there is a big quality difference and it shows. A good announcing team can make a dull game seem a lot more interesting, at least in sports it can (unless its golf, not sure how to make that one exciting).

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post

The depth of soccer is also quite minimal and the only real "tactics" are falling for penalties and putting your entire team on defense after you've scored...
    lol, probably shouldn't talk about something that you have no idea about

wow, this comment explains soo much looking back at your view on GW2...

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    lol, probably shouldn't talk about something that you have no idea about
    Why do you assume I have no idea about soccer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    wow, this comment explains soo much looking back at your view on GW2...
    How so?

Why do you assume I have no idea about soccer?

How so?
    4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 3-5-2

pressure, cover, balance

possession, penetration, combination play, off the ball runs, diamond midfield, wingbacks, flat 4 or stopper/sweeper, short corners, direct play, overloading a side or switch the play or both, do you pressure full field or retreat in your own half, how many options are ideal with the person on the ball, do you play into space or to foot, do you have your outside backs overlap your wings to create space, do you play an early ball to the back post for that runner?, do you play through the middle or use the flanks, if you suspect a long back from the back do you pressure or drop back

just a few tactical decisions and formations in soccer, I can name more if you wish

snip
    And I know all that, why do you assume I have no idea about soccer?
    Formations can be translated to team builds in GW2. There are quite a few more "formations" in GW2 than soccer (which makes it more complex and that works the other way around, makes soccer simpler).

Most options in soccer(any real sport actually) are binary "playing in the foot vs in the field", "go through the sides or through mid",... Which are very easy to understand and respond to. Compare that to chess where you have infinite amounts of possibilities.

Now let's (for giggles) that chess is the most complex "sport" out there and let's compare soccer, GW2 and SC2 to how similar they are to chess (and thus how complex they are). It's probably quite obvious that SC2 is most like chess, then GW2 and lastly soccer. Meaning that in comparision to sports soccer (and as said earlier most real sports) are rather simple.

The number of starting positions in soccer are finite, in chess they're infinite...

right so flippant comments on how the only tactics in soccer are diving for penalties and playing bunker after you score is just you trying to be funny eh?

I didn't think anyone would get so butthurt for a simple comment regarding a sport that really isn't the pinnacle of tactical decision making...

I didn't think anyone would get so butthurt for a simple comment regarding a sport that really isn't the pinnacle of tactical decision making...
    don't make stupid comments then

Excuse me..what is this "soccer" you Americans speak off?

don't make stupid comments then
    Same to you.

Same to you.
    see you make flippant comments like that and then it's hard to take you serious on any topic that you actually know something about

see you make flippant comments like that and then it's hard to take you serious on any topic that you actually know something about
    "You shouldn't make comments you know nothing about" is a statement I agree on, but when you say that make sure you actually know significantly more than the person you're addressing. That isn't the case so that's why I advise you to not make stupid comments like that.

Its like Messi telling Ronaldo off. Which you probably agree on is quite silly...

P.S.:You seem to be having a very bad day and are taking everything very poorly. Maybe your bloodsugar is low so I advise you to eat something, preferably something with sugar like cookies.

ahh being patronizing now as well

ahh being patronizing now as well
    I wasn't being patronizing at all, you're simply taking everything as an insult even though I'm not trying to insult you.

@bovinity, I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm genuinely trying to help doozer...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't being patronizing at all, you're simply taking everything as an insult even though I'm not trying to insult you.

@bovinity, I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm genuinely trying to help doozer...
    I would probably rely more on posting intelligently like normal instead of trying to be funny (I assume that was an attempt to be funny) and certainly avoid demeaning a sport people are passionate about in such an childish way, definitely your worst post you've done, just take it as a learning experience. I certainly wont bother discussing football, you clearly have no clue. LEave the stupid posts to people like me.

Just posted this on my football forum, lets just say the response were incredulity/laughter at just how bad it is.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-07-01 at 05:46 PM.