Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Omg I will be playing as Adam West Batman through the whole game. This game is looking REALLY good and I respect the fact that the new developer is leaving the game the way Rocksteady designed it. A lot of companies like to change things that don't need to be changed just for the sake of trying to be original and then it ends up turning out to suck badly which didn't have to if they just kept the game the way people liked it. Ever since I played Arkham Asylum I was always thinking how cool it would be to play in Gotham city as Batman just gliding around and using your gadgets. Now we really are going to actually get to roam around in Gotham and kick bad guy ass. It's going to be so awesome.

Now if only they could make a good Superman game like this. Rocksteady, get on it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-06-26 at 09:54 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    I was always thinking how cool it would be to play in Gotham city as Batman just gliding around and using your gadgets. Now we really are going to actually get to roam around in Gotham and kick bad guy ass.
    You mean like in Arkham City? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Arkham City is not Gotham City.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Arkham City is not Gotham City.
    A part of it is, or basically becomes Arkham City. Anyway, the principle is the same. You can freely roam through it, only that Gotham City is like twice the size.

I must admit I wasn't expecting much but after E3 I am very excited for origins. New joker sounds pretty good too, not sure about batman atm though
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

A part of it is, or basically becomes Arkham City. Anyway, the principle is the same. You can freely roam through it, only that Gotham City is like twice the size.
    Yes, part of Gotham City becomes Arkham City but when it does it becomes a completely different thing entirely. You do know that Arkham City is just a very large prison right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Yes, part of Gotham City becomes Arkham City but when it does it becomes a completely different thing entirely. You do know that Arkham City is just a very large prison right?
    Yes, but gameplay wise it's the same. It looks different yes, but it's gliding around wherever you want to go and knock people out. Which is basically what he was hoping for, but already exists really.

Yes, but gameplay wise it's the same. It looks different yes, but it's gliding around wherever you want to go and knock people out. Which is basically what he was hoping for, but already exists really.
    Except Arkham City is filled with nothing but prisoners. Damn near everyone is an enemy. In Gotham City you would expect to run into significantly more normal people, thus making it feel like an actual city.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Except Arkham City is filled with nothing but prisoners. Damn near everyone is an enemy. In Gotham City you would expect to run into significantly more normal people, thus making it feel like an actual city.
    True but as far as I know there is nothing showing actual normal people yet. It's Christmas Eve so a lot of people would be eating with friends etc. Most probably know there is a bounty on Batman's head too and that some massively trained killers are out for it. Hell even cops are looking for Batman as they're not friends yet. That and when the Joker starts blowing up buildings, I don't think you'll see a lot of happy citizens doing what happy citizens do.

True but as far as I know there is nothing showing actual normal people yet. It's Christmas Eve so a lot of people would be eating with friends etc. Most probably know there is a bounty on Batman's head too and that some massively trained killers are out for it. Hell even cops are looking for Batman as they're not friends yet. That and when the Joker starts blowing up buildings, I don't think you'll see a lot of happy citizens doing what happy citizens do.
    I don't think there are too many happy citizens in Gotham City in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay wise yes but I wanted to be in the actual city and not a huge prison. When Arkham City was first coming out I was confused because at first I thought it was taking place in Gotham but the game was called Arkham City. So that's when I eventually figured out it wasn't Gotham but a huge city-prison. Now that we're in Gotham we're not just fighting Arkham Asylum's inmates but actual criminals roaming the city streets.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-07-03 at 10:50 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Joker isn't voiced by Mark Hamill, ruined forever!!!

Heh, kidding. Though, I am curious how well Baker will do as the Joker. Iono, imagining Booker or Joel doing Joker seems a bit too gruffy. They should just get John Dimaggio to be Hamill's understudy in all things Joker now. Watch Under the Red Hood, he's fantastic in it!

Anyway, I have high hopes for this game. While Black Mask doesn't seem like that big of a character to have as a main character, I'm sure they'll do good with him. Arkham Asylum was a pretty good game, Arkham City was a vast improvment, I'm sure these guys will be able to make something that's even better or at least able to live up to the name.

I just hope they don't make the same glaring problems that City made.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Actually, I think Black Mask is a good choice considering he has not featured that much in the first few games other than a small cameo and some easter eggs. Not to mention, he is one of the greatest kingpins in the Batmanverse after all, even if he is one of the more anonymous crime lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Batman has done something no other has. It's actually been doing great as a comic, games and movies. I cant think of any other that's done the same. Iron man games are horrible, superman games are horrible, etc.

I havent actually played any of the Batman games since it's not really my style of gaming, but I can tell it's a great game by looking at it objectively.
    Spiderman does actually pretty well in games, films and comics. Shattered dimensions is one of my all time favorites.

Deleted

In case no one noticed. Copperfield in the comics is a male though, but I guess the Police Bio thing from the game explains it a bit.

"Copperhead" is a possible group identity or floating moniker.

Initial reports of a contract killer using the name "Copperhead" have appeared in various South American Criminal Databases. Reports were, however, inconsistent: conflicting intelligence suggests "Copperhead" may be a pair or even a group of individuals, both male and female, operating under the pseudonym. Analysts suggest Guatemala is the center of operations of this identity.

Consistent elements include snake-themed tattoo markings, and non-restrictive garment to aid with agility. At least two known suspects have been known to avoid wearing footwear.

Some elements are consistent across all reports, and will be represented here. All reports indicate the killer is highly mobile, with an extremely flexible physiology. Case detectives suggest that the individual uses this ability to gain access to structures via small accessways, vents, and construction imperfections. Attributed killings are consistently either asphyxiation, fracture of the cervical vertebrae, or death through the application of exotic poisons."

Pretty sure they just needed a babe for the game.

Deleted

Multiplayer mode.

Deleted

Oooeeeeeh Firefly.

Preorder and play as Deathstroke? Damn it. They got me. /runs-off-to-preorder

Yo wake up guys this shit's coming out tomorrow. I'm ready. I'll prob get it on Saturday.

Already have it pre-downloaded. Came with my gpu, so I figured why not? I wonder if it releases at 12:00am?

(Yaay, 1000 posts!)