Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tto much frost talk in the fire thread, FIRE BURN THEM TIMMY! BURN THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Tto much frost talk in the fire thread, FIRE BURN THEM TIMMY! BURN THEM ALL
    So I stand IN the fire, right?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    So I stand IN the fire, right?
    Of course, more vengeance=bigger combustions

Note: this isn't actually true, just before anyone actually tries it

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Of course, more vengeance=bigger combustions

Note: this isn't actually true, just before anyone actually tries it
    If anyone actually thinks that, they deserve to die in the fire :3
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

If anyone actually thinks that, they deserve to die in the fire :3
    We forget that this IS a guide, and that not everyone knows as much about Fire as we do. I'm not trying to sound aloof, but there are people just getting into it that have no clue what to do with their hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfv1FhdaBBk

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    We forget that this IS a guide, and that not everyone knows as much about Fire as we do. I'm not trying to sound aloof, but there are people just getting into it that have no clue what to do with their hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfv1FhdaBBk
    No I mean if people actually think standing in the fire (except when using IW) will increase their DPS as a non-tank spec...

I know what you mean.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    snip*
    Edit: Any one else jizzing over the new trinket with 84% increased crit dmg for 20s ? <3

I don't really thing we(fire) are going to get nerfed as much as people think. It does scale very silly, but other classes are doing the same as well.. Towards the end, I can see a nerf swipe (bye bye CM?)

Also... new trinket... 84% CHD... so... so good... I don't think that will last long before its changed/nerfed/removed, etc... 84% + banner... I smell 500k ignites.

Some of those trinkets are obviously just numbers the devs pulled out of their asses to troll the community, they will get normalised in a future PTR build when things start to flesh out more. I mean, look for yourself, a couple of the trinkets are 100 times better than one or two of the others, there would not be such a massive power gap in the same tier.

That 84% crit damage (and healing so imagine disc?), haste and mastery will never go live like that, it would be a bigger dps upgrade for a fire mage than upgrading every single slot from ToT to SoO gear. We are talking something ridiculous like 2 million dps openers single target with two of those trinkets combined, and when you look at the boss HP from the recent ToT raid tests, you could basically bench the rest of your dps and have the mage solo it.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

You don't seem to understand that with the Frost PvP nerf, Frost is now literally worthless in EVERY aspect except low-gear PvE.

Look at any other class that has at least 2 of any role (DPS/Heal). Every one of them is good/competitive in some level, either PvP or PvE. They can't leave a spec useless for every aspect.
    The synergy among the high damage, instant attacks and CC is really hard (impossible?) to balance. (GC) This what I said earlier, they aren't going to buff Frost to Arcane and Fire when in the PRESENT they are worried about high dmg and instant attacks with CC, yet you believe that they are going to buff Frost? Pvp has always been Frost's Niche in the game.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I don't really thing we(fire) are going to get nerfed as much as people think. It does scale very silly, but other classes are doing the same as well.. Towards the end, I can see a nerf swipe (bye bye CM?)

Also... new trinket... 84% CHD... so... so good... I don't think that will last long before its changed/nerfed/removed, etc... 84% + banner... I smell 500k ignites.
    GC said much of the same when responding to Tweets suggesting scaling and High dmg, in which he said If you are referring to Fire's Dmg we believe it be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    The synergy among the high damage, instant attacks and CC is really hard (impossible?) to balance. (GC) This what I said earlier, they aren't going to buff Frost to Arcane and Fire when in the PRESENT they are worried about high dmg and instant attacks with CC, yet you believe that they are going to buff Frost? Pvp has always been Frost's Niche in the game.
    And without the damage, Frost only has control. Control won't bring you into Arenas. RBGs? Maybe, but probably not when others can control AND do damage (e.g., Fire)

We forget that this IS a guide
    This thread stoped being a guide since 3rd page..

15+ Year Old Account
    It's always been a guide/discussion... Look at frost/arcane mage guides.
    I just don't agree with frost/arc talk being brought here :3

GC said much of the same when responding to Tweets suggesting scaling and High dmg, in which he said If you are referring to Fire's Dmg we believe it be fine.
    Yah.. like if you take Primordious for example... look at his random WoL.. Seems there are some classes that scales very nicely with the right buffs.

we can't really say anything for next patch as it is, since things will change. I'm just interested to see the new bosses... how many.. 14? sigh.. long progression weeks..

Current logs are a bit bad for comparing fire, as combustion during lust is just so strong if all procs are there.. And that 20 seconds is a much greater portion of the overall fight than it will be for 5.4 progression..

Hey guys

Just wondering if you could critique my gear (reforge wise), i use the ReforgeLite addon, and it tells me to do a different set of reforging stats?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omlol/advanced

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    Hey guys

Just wondering if you could critique my gear (reforge wise), i use the ReforgeLite addon, and it tells me to do a different set of reforging stats?

Thanks in advance!
    You have such bad gear for your progression! I'm not trying to crack on you. Did you just recently start raiding again or what? Your crit is super low and your gear is very mastery heavy. Looks like you are using Reforgelite's default stat weights. I use it myself but I edit it for haste breakpoints and essentially just to cap hit as efficiently as possible.

Reforginging to haste after crit up until you get to 5036 haste is the most widely accepted method of reforging, going for mastery after you reach that haste threshold. You can plug haste thresholds into ReforgeLite, or just use the addon to prioritize haste after crit.

Gemming and enchanting look good, although you will really want the Sinister Primal Diamond for your meta gem asap.

Hey guys

Thanks in advance!
    Just put Hit > Crit > haste > mastery..

And then additional caps with haste to at least 5036 and haste value after the cap to under mastery.

You have such bad gear for your progression! I'm not trying to crack on you. Did you just recently start raiding again or what? Your crit is super low and your gear is very mastery heavy. Looks like you are using Reforgelite's default stat weights. I use it myself but I edit it for haste breakpoints and essentially just to cap hit as efficiently as possible.

Reforginging to haste after crit up until you get to 5036 haste is the most widely accepted method of reforging, going for mastery after you reach that haste threshold. You can plug haste thresholds into ReforgeLite, or just use the addon to prioritize haste after crit.

Gemming and enchanting look good, although you will really want the Sinister Primal Diamond for your meta gem asap.
    Yep, ive only just started raiding again 3 weeks ago. Im nowhere near the legendary meta yet, but im getting it asap (im upto the 3k valor part)

Yeah, im pretty sure its just the default weights for Reforgelite, do i change it under advanced weights? (Hit > Crit > Haste[at least 5036] > Mastery)

EDIT: Im also picking up Engineering for the Synapse Springs too, so that should help a bit with dps.

Thanks for the advice!
    Last edited by Insomlol; 2013-07-01 at 11:57 PM.

do i change it under advanced weights? (Hit > Crit > Haste[at least 5036] > Mastery)
    Exactly. Like I said, I mostly use it to optimize reforges around caps. So making sure I'm not wasting stats by being over hit cap, and not too far over for the haste breakpoint.

Exactly. Like I said, I mostly use it to optimize reforges around caps. So making sure I'm not wasting stats by being over hit cap, and not too far over for the haste breakpoint.
    Awesome thanks.

With my gear, should i be worried about the haste cap, or should i concentrate on getting my crit upto say 40% self buffed first, then moving towards haste as the gear comes?