Quote Originally Posted by Skajten View Post
    Well played! Well played!
    We need wards.
    We need wards.

If anyone wants to play with me, add me. I don't consider myself a good player though and I don't play all that often.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/kazdunbro

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    hm

its like im really reading a pizzashark post
    Lol yes it is. Glad to see the Lysah and/or Pizza crusade of "OMG -INSERT HERO THAT BEAT THEM RECENTLY- IS OP AND EASY TO PLAY" is going strong as ever.

Every time I come back to the forums, I can count on it.

Deleted
    What is a good noobie character? I played about 20 hours of this game but then I quit because I didn't really get any better. I'm want to go back, but this time to only stick with 1 hero, and not switch to a new one every third game.

I've heard Dragon Knight is a noobfriendly character, but that is from forum posts over a year ago, so things have probably changed.

Any suggestions appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah i only ever find out about OP characters just before they get nerfed. Been playing treant and having a blast, feels like i can actually carry my nooby friends a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    What is a good noobie character? I played about 20 hours of this game but then I quit because I didn't really get any better. I'm want to go back, but this time to only stick with 1 hero, and not switch to a new one every third game.

I've heard Dragon Knight is a noobfriendly character, but that is from forum posts over a year ago, so things have probably changed.

Sven, Skeleton King, Dragon Knight, Phantom Assassin, Viper, Drow Ranger, Zeus, Warlock, Lich, Ursa, Storm Spirit, Spirit Breaker, Treant Protector, Tidehunter.

All either have few buttons to press or are pretty brainless to play, some are more effective than others, but at newbie MMR, just being not-bad will win games more than picking "good" heroes.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Sven, Skeleton King, Dragon Knight, Phantom Assassin, Viper, Drow Ranger, Zeus, Warlock, Lich, Ursa, Storm Spirit, Spirit Breaker, Treant Protector, Tidehunter.

All either have few buttons to press or are pretty brainless to play, some are more effective than others, but at newbie MMR, just being not-bad will win games more than picking "good" heroes.
    A friend of mine jumped to dota after not being able to pass through gold league in LoL, he said "i can't play with brainless fucktards so i'm switching to dota". You know what heroes he plays now? AM, Furion, Faceless void, Sylabear, Bloodseeker. I've played with him a bit, he has ~20 creeps on 15 minute and 0-2 deaths. His winrate is about 1/4(win/loss) and he blames his team (especially support).

I love when people take hyper carry heroes and then blame everyone becaue they have onlya battlefury at 30 minute mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyzz View Post
    Lol yes it is. Glad to see the Lysah and/or Pizza crusade of "OMG -INSERT HERO THAT BEAT THEM RECENTLY- IS OP AND EASY TO PLAY" is going strong as ever.

Every time I come back to the forums, I can count on it.
    ...And everytime I see you post, I can count on it being complaining about either. Sure adds to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post

My first ever hero is Lich. You float in, you nova, you throw your ball into enemy formation, you float out. He is relatively easy to play at laning phase and require a little thinking during combat (low rank players usually bunched together during team fight, easier for your ulti to wreak havoc). Then you can try Zeus. Nuke, nuke, and nuke them again from orbit! Both 2 heroes got short legs though, so mind where you are during teamfights. Twin headed Dragon/Jakiro is another choice, but you will miss your skill quite a bit first time trying him.

Avoid heroes with positioning skills like Dark Seer, Vengeful Spirit etc. as positioning is crucial for this game, you dont want to mess it up to much while everything is still new. Also dem with 'deny' skills like Destroyer, Shadow demon and Pugna.

DK is relatively easy since he has high armor/regen for laning, and his ultimate turns him into a ranged str tank/dps. For newbie, ranged heroes are always easier.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2013-07-02 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    A friend of mine jumped to dota after not being able to pass through gold league in LoL, he said "i can't play with brainless fucktards so i'm switching to dota". You know what heroes he plays now? AM, Furion, Faceless void, Sylabear, Bloodseeker. I've played with him a bit, he has ~20 creeps on 15 minute and 0-2 deaths. His winrate is about 1/4(win/loss) and he blames his team (especially support).

I love when people take hyper carry heroes and then blame everyone becaue they have onlya battlefury at 30 minute mark
    The worst players are usually the loudest ones. Had a Dazzle in my game raging at me because I went 0-3 as offlane Ogre against PA/Venge (get within 1200 range of PA, you die; convenient that 1200 is XP range, right?), he ends up being the worst player on our team when we lost, and none of the others (also raging and whining and throwing blame around) were particularly good, either.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst players are usually the loudest ones. Had a Dazzle in my game raging at me because I went 0-3 as offlane Ogre against PA/Venge (get within 1200 range of PA, you die; convenient that 1200 is XP range, right?), he ends up being the worst player on our team when we lost, and none of the others (also raging and whining and throwing blame around) were particularly good, either.
    I remember playing offlane sniper against sven+lina. It was horrible. I couldn't pass 4 level because they instantly rushed towards me. Our morph+dazzle premade bot went 0/6 (0/3 each) against solo kunkka and blamed me for everything.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember playing offlane sniper against sven+lina. It was horrible. I couldn't pass 4 level because they instantly rushed towards me. Our morph+dazzle premade bot went 0/6 (0/3 each) against solo kunkka and blamed me for everything.
    I'm scared to ask how a duo lane dies to a Kunkka. Did they not bring any regen and just sit there eating Tidebringer hits all game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm scared to ask how a duo lane dies to a Kunkka. Did they not bring any regen and just sit there eating Tidebringer hits all game?
    Yep. Kunkka warded their spawn camp and they couldn't pull creeps. So they sat under tower and ate damage from Tidebringer. Oh, and morph bought ring of health as first item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I always end up having to wait for 75%-100% full search bar for a game? There can't be that few players available during US prime time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I always end up having to wait for 75%-100% full search bar for a game? There can't be that few players available during US prime time.
    Play on europe then, there is a lot of players

Deleted
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dying as an off laner is bad play. Does not matter what heroes they have. Just because you face a tri lane doesn't mean you are excused to go feed them kills. You should know that a certain combo can kill you if you go too far. If you still do it you are nothing but stupid. Doesn't matter if you get experience or not.

There are of course good off lane players that die on purpose to have their wave pushed and in that way get experience but that is a whole different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dying as an off laner is bad play. Does not matter what heroes they have. Just because you face a tri lane doesn't mean you are excused to go feed them kills. You should know that a certain combo can kill you if you go too far. If you still do it you are nothing but stupid. Doesn't matter if you get experience or not.

There are of course good off lane players that die on purpose to have their wave pushed and in that way get experience but that is a whole different story.
    But when you face a tri lane and your team complains about your low level and farm, it's a different story too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    ...And everytime I see you post, I can count on it being complaining about either. Sure adds to the discussion.

It just amuses me. I've given up hope a long time ago of having intelligent discussion on this thread. It's just back and forth arguing between people who complain 75% of the hero pool is OP and the people who think Icefrog and Valve are infallible.

On an actual topic, I feel the quality of players in my games have dropped considerably. Maybe I'm just getting worse at dota and getting matched into worse games. Or maybe something going on with the matchmaking system. But after 500 games played, I thought I'd be out of the NP cliff jungling trench.

But after 500 games played, I thought I'd be out of the NP cliff jungling trench.
    ahh reddit source of complains/QQ since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    ahh reddit source of complains/QQ since 2006
    I have no clue what this means. I played two games in a row where I had an NP who insisted on cliff jungling. One of which bought a quelling blade. Not sure how that has anything to do with reddit, or the year 2006.

On a side note, the reddit DOTA2 thread has many more intelligent discussions than MMO-champ, so... you know... glass houses and all.

I have no clue what this means. I played two games in a row where I had an NP who insisted on cliff jungling. One of which bought a quelling blade. Not sure how that has anything to do with reddit, or the year 2006.
    Yesterday there was thread on reddit about np cliff jungling which probably caused tons of ppl to check it out

Reddit was founded in 2006 afaik