10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...e-eso-dungeons

New article talking about dungeons and how they will work. They will be having an AUA soon about this so make sure to ask them some really great questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...e-eso-dungeons

New article talking about dungeons and how they will work. They will be having an AUA soon about this so make sure to ask them some really great questions!
    AUA is ask us anything?

They never answer my questions anyway....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    AUA is ask us anything?

They never answer my questions anyway....
    Yep it's Ask Us Anything.

Eh, you are just going to have to be lucky. But it's still a good idea to send in a good question, because they might still take it.

well, I really liked that peek into their dungeon system.

They said it's going to be ''really hard'', so I'm wondering HOW hard it is.
    Going to be interesting if it's a really challenging content for only 4 people or so.

Also interesting to note that you can ''switch specs on the fly'' by simply changing weapons....

I wonder how gear is going to work (stats).

...Which, sadly, tell us that the product will turn out to be another fighting game, with crucial timing combat moves like dodge/block and gimmicky abilities and magic. Providing that since PS2/XBOX game most console games are exactly like that, that is a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    ...Which, sadly, tell us that the product will turn out to be another fighting game, with crucial timing combat moves like dodge/block and gimmicky abilities and magic. Providing that since PS2/XBOX game most console games are exactly like that, that is a disappointment.
    Well FF14 is on the console and it's not really like that. And the Elder Scrolls have always had that sort of combat system.
    Then again, not sure if anything I saw can convince you otherwise. Most of your posts have the game have been a bit jaded.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, I really liked that peek into their dungeon system.

They said it's going to be ''really hard'', so I'm wondering HOW hard it is.
    Going to be interesting if it's a really challenging content for only 4 people or so.

Also interesting to note that you can ''switch specs on the fly'' by simply changing weapons....

I wonder how gear is going to work (stats).
    Well they said that you can equip a second weapon that you can switch too at anytime during combat and it comes with it's own loadout so you can have a different set of 5 abilities and a ultimate associated with that weapon.

So think of it sort of like Diablo where you can have two different weapons equipped but only one is active, but you can switch to either one of them whenever you want. But instead you get a new loadout to use when you switch between weapons instead of being stuck with only one.

So I could be a DPS Sorcerer with a Destruction Staff, but my second weapon is a Restoration Staff and I have some healing spells in this new loadout. So in the middle of a fight our healer dies, I can switch from DPS to healing to help keep everyone alive, or even switch just to help out with heals if we are falling behind a bit.

Well they said that you can equip a second weapon that you can switch too at anytime during combat and it comes with it's own loadout so you can have a different set of 5 abilities and a ultimate associated with that weapon.

So think of it sort of like Diablo where you can have two different weapons equipped but only one is active, but you can switch to either one of them whenever you want. But instead you get a new loadout to use when you switch between weapons instead of being stuck with only one.

So I could be a DPS Sorcerer with a Destruction Staff, but my second weapon is a Restoration Staff and I have some healing spells in this new loadout. So in the middle of a fight our healer dies, I can switch from DPS to healing to help keep everyone alive, or even switch just to help out with heals if we are falling behind a bit.
    Gonna be nice because the same transition can happen for dps -> tank then.

I'm mostly interested in heavy armor classes/dps, so I really wanna know how that's gonna play out.
    I'm just still slightly annoyed because they aren't releasing more info or at least a video with actual gameplay..

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Well FF14 is on the console and it's not really like that. And the Elder Scrolls have always had that sort of combat system.
    Nope. The one with daedric weapon and armor and one with 100pt fireball was always winning, until Skyrim and in much, much lesser degree Oblivion, where they introduced active block, dodging and made Unarmored into physical skill.

Yep it's Ask Us Anything.

Eh, you are just going to have to be lucky. But it's still a good idea to send in a good question, because they might still take it.
    usually they just pick questions that are very general and where they don't have to give too much away. so yea, not really an interesting feature.

Deleted
    Gonna be nice because the same transition can happen for dps -> tank then.

I'm mostly interested in heavy armor classes/dps, so I really wanna know how that's gonna play out.
    I'm just still slightly annoyed because they aren't releasing more info or at least a video with actual gameplay..
    considering the "hard" dungeons ... GW2 promised something similar, in the end encounter-mechanics were quite dull and mostly "move out of the red stuff and kill adds" - difficulty translated into more adds and more damage, with a few exceptions.
    Aggro mechanics were non-existent, even though they promised something else prior to release - healing was all about the one self-heal every class had and some very weak AE heals and HoT-effects some classes were able to provide (engi, guardian and ele ... mostly).

That kind of killed the game for me, teamwork was almost nonexistent - they tried to encourage the combination of some skills, dull and weak healing mechanics and some boss-mechanics. Basically the teamwork stopped when the group was formed, the self-heals were potent enough if you dodged most of the stuff and the skill-combination was not needed at all, the rest was zerging down adds and sometimes graveyard-running ...

Therefore I'm quite glad that ESO wants to force teamplay on the players with the "ancient" trinity-system, even if they dumb it down to some extent. I'm kind of expecting a mix of GW2, Elder Scrolls games and classic MMORPG mechanics.
    The weapon switching might add some interesting possibilities, but I don't expect that every class can fill 2 combat-roles, I hope that with talents and specialization you end up as a dedicated tank/healer/dps but you can still provide at least, let's say 50-75% of another role - dps switching to offtank when shit hits the fan, healer switching to dps when healing is not necessary or while soloing or to provide debuffs, etc.
    This will certainly add to the complexity of the game and might still be viable with controller input - but I'm still wondering how they will handle targeting for heals/taunts/buffs and debuffs in combat situations with more than a few targets or while grouping , I'd be quite disappointed if they handle everything with AE-effects

Deleted
    As I understand there are no classes in this game, so how do they make it interesting? In single player games it was more like in real life. You can do everything, sure.. but to be master at something you pretty much have to complete the entire game. Or you can do everything and have all skills around 60-80 at the end. If they have low level caps where you can max out a skill in maybe a few weeks-a month, it's going to suck. No variety, everyone rolling on everything, everyone being able to heal, tank or cast fireballs.

I'm very happy for some reason today, wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    As I understand there are no classes in this game, so how do they make it interesting? In single player games it was more like in real life. You can do everything, sure.. but to be master at something you pretty much have to complete the entire game. Or you can do everything and have all skills around 60-80 at the end. If they have low level caps where you can max out a skill in maybe a few weeks-a month, it's going to suck. No variety, everyone rolling on everything, everyone being able to heal, tank or cast fireballs.
    As for that, you can probably master one thing at a time. Then just switch, like a WoW spec. That's what It sounds like to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    As for that, you can probably master one thing at a time. Then just switch, like a WoW spec. That's what It sounds like to me.
    No, it doesn't work like WoW at all. There are no "specs" in the game and you only learn one of them and you have to go respec to learn another. You can learn every skill in the game (expect 8 of the 9 race skill lines, 3 of the 4 class skill lines, and you can only be either a Vampire/Werewolf). But you have to remember that there is a limited action bar in this game with only 5 abilities and 1 ultimate. Also you are limited to what abilities and passives you are allowed to use depending on the type of weapon on number of pieces of gear you are wearing. So if you don't have a Two-Hander equipped all those skills attached to the Two-Hand skill line will be unavailable for you to use. Same with gear pieces. The passives on them are determined by the amount of piece of that particular type of armor you have equipped (Light, Medium, or Heavy).

This is for the person you quoted:
    So, yes, you can pretty much learn every single skill in the game, and can level them all up and morph them so they have new addictions on them. But because of the very limited hotbar they are putting into this game you won't be just a jack-of-all-trades with your character. There is no rolling for loot in this game. Each person gets there own randomized loot from the mobs so you won't have people fighting over who gets what loot because your character can be whatever they want. They said that it will take a very very long time for you to be able to level up and acquire every skill in the game. At level 50 they estimated that you should have about 20-25% of your skills leveled up, and it takes roughly 120-150 hours to get to max level.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/TESOnline

New wave of beta invites just came out today. Check your emails folks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta invite wave has skipped me... again...

idk if anyone has talked about this yet, but i foresee it being a problem with the megaserver thing. just take a look at wow's public test realm. on there, pvers, pvpers, and rpers are all mixed together, much like this game will do. well... the rpers are constantly harassed by pvpers and generally any 12 year old in trade, but the pvpers are the worst of it. actually making guilds dedicated to hunting them. i think this is gonna be a huge problem honestly. i just hope they can do something about it. i'm not an rper btw, i just don't like to see people picked on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    idk if anyone has talked about this yet, but i foresee it being a problem with the megaserver thing. just take a look at wow's public test realm. on there, pvers, pvpers, and rpers are all mixed together, much like this game will do. well... the rpers are constantly harassed by pvpers and generally any 12 year old in trade, but the pvpers are the worst of it. actually making guilds dedicated to hunting them. i think this is gonna be a huge problem honestly. i just hope they can do something about it. i'm not an rper btw, i just don't like to see people picked on.
    Well, there will be some sort of phasing, where you will be placed with likeminded players, roleplayers for example. But if some guys really want to harass some other people, nothing stops them from switching their phase..

oh believe me, you have no idea the lengths at which some people will go to mess up rp. i've seen raids last for over an hour, and actually chasing the rpers where every they go. it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    -
    Yes, I agree, that's also what drove me away from GW2.

What you said is contained in that interview, in case you missed it, you should definitely check it out!

- - - Updated - - -

and yayyy no beta inv... -_-

What beta wave is this now?