Thread: iron qon

Deleted

iron qon

on the phase were he does the shields think frost how are the best way to dps? should i stop? or just try run around. am asking couse runing around trying to dps gets realy messy. as in range issues or if am close to melee they get the spear at times. how do you guys do this at the actual fight(norm/hc). we do down the boss mostly wondering due to getting closer to logs and maby for hc which we begune trying on qon=)

Deleted
    The way my guild does it is that when the frost beams from the throw spear is up and you cannot move around the boss without getting the rebuff simply stop attacking him if the dead zone is facing you. By dpsing when the dead zone is active on the side you attack from you do no damage and the damage is reflected back at you. Once all the frost beams from the spears are gone we usually stack up and are free to move around the boss depending on where the dead zones are. Try to stay away from the melee if you can in case of the spear going to them.

Melee are generally the only ones with the luxury of repositioning for it, unless your healers are confident enough to just heal through the electricity debuff being on the whole raid, which isn't really that bad, all things considered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mori123 View Post
    The way my guild does it is that when the frost beams from the throw spear is up and you cannot move around the boss without getting the rebuff simply stop attacking him if the dead zone is facing you. By dpsing when the dead zone is active on the side you attack from you do no damage and the damage is reflected back at you. Once all the frost beams from the spears are gone we usually stack up and are free to move around the boss depending on where the dead zones are. Try to stay away from the melee if you can in case of the spear going to them.
    Maybe i'm wrong here but i'm pretty sure the damage is just deflected, not reflected. I always cast during Dead Zone to keep a high active time in WoL and i think i would have noticed reflected Shadowbolts.

Are you 10 or 25? I'd imagine it would be easier to move around on a 10 if you pay attention to who has the debuff near you, on 25 there's not much extra room. My guild keeps calling for us to stop dps on Dam'ren so we can have our 3 min CDs up when they're all out... which sucks for ranking and is totally unnecessary in our gear.

Deleted
    If you do this fight as affliction, you can start channeling Drain Soul right before he starts channeling the shield. If possible, you can move around the shield to MG again, but if not, you can just keep channeling Drain Soul for the duration of the shield.

Deleted
    demonic teleport can help you out by putting it down on the opposite side of where you are, even demonic gateway can help you to possibly get into a dps position. as rables said, if you're afflic you can just use drain soul during the dead zone. it really comes down to what you'd like to do, you can stand still and wait until the dead zone is away, or you can try and get into a proper dps position by walk or teleporting, there is really no right or wrong way to do it.

Deleted
    That whole phase is not hard or stressful at all. Just stand still and wait untill you get a chance to start casting spells again.
    It's more profitable for your whole team, I would think, to not spread that lightning debuff than it is to nuke that quilen down.

Yeah this is the "Regen mana, save cooldowns" phase of the fight. No need to worry about moving to DPS during shields. It just adds extra risk to chain lightning debuff.