10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    On every "What class will be your main" or "Which class are you playing at launch?" poll, I see Summoner right up there on top, normally 2 or 3 times more than it's nearest poll competitors. I wish little stuff like that didn't bother me, but being "Sigh, another dime a dozen Xclass" is the quickest way for me to lose motivation to level something.
    I won't say don't be afraid, but just don't be afraid yet. Remember the Death Knight spree? Everyone will try it because it's new and shiny. But how many people will actually stick with it? Death Knights once accounted for a good 8%+ more of the population (max level) than any other class. Now they're actually behind paladins, if I'm not mistaken. So yeah, I'd say there's a good chance that it'll die down.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow-Tiger View Post
    I've been hooked on going for the summoner ever since it was made known it would exist, which is very unfortunate since it won't be available until launch and we can start leveling characters in P4 beta. It will be extremely tough with my nature to restart at level 1 after already getting my current class to a high level, and end-game being only a bit away. I naturally am going to feel pressed to just finish leveling and then go back to the arcanist. I decided I will swap over though, the class just seems too cool. I guess I can at least get the benefit of getting the subclass to level 15, somethings better than nothing.
    You will more then likely be switching to quite a few classes before you reach max level on your "main class" for some buffs. It makes soloing a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I won't say don't be afraid, but just don't be afraid yet. Remember the Death Knight spree? Everyone will try it because it's new and shiny. But how many people will actually stick with it? Death Knights once accounted for a good 8%+ more of the population (max level) than any other class. Now they're actually behind paladins, if I'm not mistaken. So yeah, I'd say there's a good chance that it'll die down.
    This is true. They are like 4th now, behind pallies, hunters, and druids. People do like their pets. Or they hate them. Pets are pretty polarizing.

I wonder if maybe the arcanist will be available in P4. I know Yoshi said by launch, but that could mean before too, just not after launch. lol I'm trying to be optimistic here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd want to play as an arcanist. Little carbuncle is cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    I'd want to play as an arcanist. Little carbuncle is cute.
    I'm hoping Diamond carbuncle actually gets a slightly different appearance. Not that its important, I just think it'd be neat.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    This is true. They are like 4th now, behind pallies, hunters, and druids. People do like their pets. Or they hate them. Pets are pretty polarizing.

I wonder if maybe the arcanist will be available in P4. I know Yoshi said by launch, but that could mean before too, just not after launch. lol I'm trying to be optimistic here.
    Well, "By launch" means it could release before I finish this sentence. So yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes too high if I were you, but it could happen.

Does anyone know if there will be a new test upcoming weekend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be a new test upcoming weekend?

http://arrstatus.com/

Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    Thanks for this link.

Deleted

Wow, that's a very handy site! (Why so much ping for all the servers though? Are they all based in Asia like WoW beta servers being in the US?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow-Tiger View Post
    I've been hooked on going for the summoner ever since it was made known it would exist, which is very unfortunate since it won't be available until launch and we can start leveling characters in P4 beta. It will be extremely tough with my nature to restart at level 1 after already getting my current class to a high level, and end-game being only a bit away. I naturally am going to feel pressed to just finish leveling and then go back to the arcanist. I decided I will swap over though, the class just seems too cool. I guess I can at least get the benefit of getting the subclass to level 15, somethings better than nothing.
    To become a summoner, wouldn't you need to level another class to 15 anyways? So you would have to this even if Summoner was available on P4 and you can also level some other classes to gain some extra abilities.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    Wow, that's a very handy site! (Why so much ping for all the servers though? Are they all based in Asia like WoW beta servers being in the US?)
    As far as I know, the Japanese servers are based in Japan, while the NA and European servers are based in North America (either Canada or the US, dunno which). Looking at that site, it makes sense, since for me the EU & NA servers have the same ping, but lower than the Japanese ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Letter from the Producer, XLVII (07/02/2013)
    Hello again to all of you eagerly awaiting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Yoshi-P here, bringing you the forty-seventh Letter from the Producer!

I hope everyone who's been accepted into the beta has been enjoying themselves so far. The team is carefully reading over all your feedback, verifying and squashing urgent bugs. We've received many critical reports for the PlayStation 3 version, in particular, and they've all been resolved without incident.

Now that we're halfway through phase 3, all that's left is to stress test the duty finder, and to monitor server stability over a long period. It won't be long until phase 4, early access, and the big day arrive, so the team is really giving it their all.

It's been hectic preparing for release, but I've managed to sneak in a little anonymous game time during phase 3 as well. This past weekend I was playing as a conjurer, partying with random players to collect gear from the dungeons. No matter how many runs I did though, not a single robe dropped. But then, on my last run, the robe I'd been waiting for finally appeared in the loot list! Needless to say, I lotted on it right away—but then the thaumaturge lotted and won by two points. It was all I could do to type "Congrats!" while biting back my tears.

Anyway, let's put those unfortunate events behind us. Now that the latest testing period has ended, I'll be heading to Paris for this year's Japan Expo. Not only will I be giving a presentation on FFXIV: ARR, but I'll also be doing interviews with a number of media outlets. My schedule's looking more hectic by the minute.

As producer and director, things will only get tougher from here on out. As much as I hate riding those metallic nightmares they call airplanes, I think I can muster up the courage if it means meeting all of our fans in Europe.
    (That's not to say our North American and Japanese fans aren't important too. )

And with that, I'm off to Europe. See you soon!
    10 characters.

OoooOOooo purrtttyyyy...I'm gitch'you little floating Lifestream bubbles!
    I love how with all the GCD whatever and battle system complaints I still see "I'm going to main a Botanist or Goldsmith" or something. Gives me hope people actually want to play the game and not just rush through things like mindless warmongerers.

I hope the little summons/GFs/Espers (if only...) are fun to use.

Deleted
    Anyone from EU know a really good english server to join? On beta I mostly played on Shiva and it was full of french people (no offense to the French just I'd prefer to play with english speakers). Also what is a legacy server? At first I thought it was restricted to legacy player but I was allowed to play on it from scratch.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Also what is a legacy server? At first I thought it was restricted to legacy player but I was allowed to play on it from scratch.
    Legacy server just means that's where the legacy characters are. People can roll a new character on there as much as they want, they just need to keep in mind it might have an inflated economy from the level 50 players and such. Legacy characters can't go to the non-legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Legacy server just means that's where the legacy characters are. People can roll a new character on there as much as they want, they just need to keep in mind it might have an inflated economy from the level 50 players and such. Legacy characters can't go to the non-legacy servers.
    This is just for Beta, right? Everything is getting wiped for launch, including any Legacy characters (all they get is their tattoo or something, and reduced fee from being in 1.0?)?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, legacy characters stay, even after beta.

Deleted
    Hm, If he's going to paris now, what about gamescom in cologne in august? the poor soul has to fly 4 times in 2 months then. As gamescom is so very close to the release perhaps he's staying in Japan, but on the other hand, the GC is too big to not go there.

Deleted
    Yeah if SE deleted people's chars from 1.0 there would be a shitstorm. A large amount of players have all job/classes maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Thanks, trying to think which realm would be the most populated to play, I don't want to be stuck on a ghost server in the event the game isn't as popular as expected. Wonder if new players will bother starting on legacy servers.....
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2013-07-02 at 01:17 PM.