10+ Year Old Account

Question about professions

alright so im gonna go troll this week and from what i hear ENG is the best profession for a lock i currently have enchanting and alch but im at a loss at wich one i should drop..so im asking you guys...and if you disagree then what are your opinions on what the best 2 professions are.

ty

10+ Year Old Account
    Eng/tailoring are the best right now i believe. depending on what you use more for gold i would drop the other. Making your own flasks, the time bonus, and 320 extra int are nice. I think ench give the same int and nearly free jade spirit(if you pvp) are nice. Just depends which you see being more profitable to you. I would keep alch with the new raid plus farming ToT you will use mroe flasks than Jade spirits

Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    alright so im gonna go troll this week and from what i hear ENG is the best profession for a lock i currently have enchanting and alch but im at a loss at wich one i should drop..so im asking you guys...and if you disagree then what are your opinions on what the best 2 professions are.

ty
    The theoretical best are engineering and herbalism (assuming demo) being slightly above tailoring. The others are all equal static bonuses, although Blacksmithing is sometimes preferred since you can choose to use secondary stats.

I believe Herbalism and Engineering are the best for Warlocks atm, at least for Demonology. Rolling with the Herb haste buff for 2 minutes is apparently good.

Engineering has traditionally been the "skilled player" profession throughout many expansions, as it offers a lot of tools to edge out an advantage with by using them smartly. Be watchful of the PTR, though: if epic gems are introduced, we may see Blacksmithing pull out ahead again, due to the increased value of sockets.

Deleted
    IMO no professions should be DPS increases. We should be free to choose what we like, not be forced into Engineering and Tailoring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davesothoth View Post
    IMO no professions should be DPS increases. We should be free to choose what we like, not be forced into Engineering and Tailoring.

Nobody is forcing you to do it. They all average out to about the same stats its just with the 1 minute dot timer the procs are better than the static stats because of how dots work now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davesothoth View Post
    It is an unrealisticly small gain to even have a profession, let alone choose between two...

There isn't much difference between professions. Take Engineering, and then take whatever second profession you feel like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I believe Herbalism and Engineering are the best for Warlocks atm, at least for Demonology. Rolling with the Herb haste buff for 2 minutes is apparently good.

Engineering has traditionally been the "skilled player" profession throughout many expansions, as it offers a lot of tools to edge out an advantage with by using them smartly. Be watchful of the PTR, though: if epic gems are introduced, we may see Blacksmithing pull out ahead again, due to the increased value of sockets.
    well i also saw it datamined that the tailoring cloak enchant would get a buff from 2k int to 2950 int, ofc it is only datamined so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

personally, i dont think epic gems will be introduced, they have always said that they were a pain in the ass to balance around but you never know, they might put them in, i just havent seen any indication for them except possibly the buffs to certain profs like the tailoring cloak enchant, so you might be right.

Tailoring best profession so we have one more RNG-Procc we relay on

Deleted
    It doesn't really matter what you pick, you'll still gain pretty much the same bonus unless you pick mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    Tailoring best profession so we have one more RNG-Procc we relay on
    Pretty sure Lightweave is still ICD and not RPPM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Pretty sure Lightweave is still ICD and not RPPM.
    Not yet anyway <.<

I wouldn't want to bet any amount of gold on what they'll do with the different procs we have in next expansion, wouldn't surprise me 1 bit to see RPPM Lightweave.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not yet anyway <.<

I wouldn't want to bet any amount of gold on what they'll do with the different procs we have in next expansion, wouldn't surprise me 1 bit to see RPPM Lightweave.
    Oh lord please no.

Controllable burst/CD stacking nothing tops eng/herb. I would think blacksmithing would top 320 static int based professions just from the standpoint that at bis gear levels secondary stats are ahead of int in terms of gemming budget. Tailoring is also solid but lightweave can RNG you good or bad depending on the RPPM trinkets/meta gem.