Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, takes way too much time for them to realize Chakra is bad. Most hate it, and even state that to be one of the reasons they do not play Holy, wich I can fully understand especially coming from 10m raiders.

They have an opportunity to create utility for Holy with a redesign to Chakras. Make it an output CD with Sanctuary being an area where players take less dmg or more healing recieved. Or something completly different, as long as it will be meaningful and useful. Having to choose ST or AoE even with a shorter CD will not make gameplay better. That would not help us be flexible tank/raidhealers cause we still wont be able to do BOTH at the same time wich is ridiculous.

Even if there are slight "disturbances", like you need to move 20y for some reason, you want to heal while you run. Every Renew you throw out at that moment makes me cringe a little, or 1-2-3 random ppl taking heavy dmg and you need to throw out a couple of FH/GH while raidhealing - that doesnt feel good! Or, if youre raidhealing and a couple of ppl goes low and need more attention than others - yepp, we will suck at that aswell if we don't have a good DI going ofc. Not to mention the low dmg phases, what are we supposed to do while sitting in Sanc waiting for ppl to take dmg? Toss some weak Renew on the tanks? FH? If they can't see the problematics in this system, I don't know....

The 5.4 free FH proccs will help us get better at spothealing (and ofc with the 2pc it'll be great), but we need to sacrifice regen to get it, and I am not a fan of FH as you can tell, since I work to 99% in Sanctuary Chakras. Even a 5s CD on Chakra wont solve this problem! And not to forget; I can't imagine how awful it would be to have to switch Chakras 24/7... Ugh:S It's also contradictive to have FH boost PoH when it's not even in the same stance! Lol...
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2013-07-03 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Yes, takes way too much time for them to realize Chakra is bad. Most hate it, and even state that to be one of the reasons they do not play Holy, wich I can fully understand especially coming from 10m raiders.

They have an opportunity to create utility for Holy with a redesign to Chakras. Make it an output CD with Sanctuary being an area where players take less dmg or more healing recieved. Or something completly different, as long as it will be meaningful and useful. Having to choose ST or AoE even with a shorter CD will not make gameplay better. That would not help us be flexible tank/raidhealers cause we still wont be able to do BOTH at the same time wich is ridiculous.

Even if there are slight "disturbances", like you need to move 20y for some reason, you want to heal while you run. Every Renew you throw out at that moment makes me cringe a little, or 1-2-3 random ppl taking heavy dmg and you need to throw out a couple of FH/GH while raidhealing - that doesnt feel good! Or, if youre raidhealing and a couple of ppl goes low and need more attention than others - yepp, we will suck at that aswell if we don't have a good DI going ofc.

The 5.4 free FH proccs will help us get better at spothealing (and ofc with the 2pc it'll be great), but we need to sacrifice regen to get it, and I am not a fan of FH as you can tell, since I work to 99% in Sanctuary Chakras. Even a 5s CD on Chakra wont solve this problem! And not to forget; I can't imagine how awful it would be to have to switch Chakras 24/7... Ugh:S It's also contradictive to have FH boost PoH when it's not even in the same stance! Lol...
    I assume it would help holy in 10s just a bit, but they would also sacrifice regen. At least they would allow them to sometimes spot heal without feeling too bad about it or wasting tons of mana for it, but it still feels ackward. Why not just cancel the passive buffs already, its insane!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It took them 4 expansions to fix Lightwell. Chakra was introduced in 4.0 I think? Still 2 expansions to go, don't be so hasty.

As for the topic at hand - I'm still keeping Holy spec as a secondary one, but I'll think I'll just drop it totally in 5.4. Yeah, sure, Divine Hymn became a powerful raid cooldown in 25, but it's pretty much the same thing as Tranquility and Revival. Meanwhile, Spirit Shell and shields are unique to Disc and atonement is still a pretty powerful tool - even if nowhere near as important in 25s. Add to this Divine Insight buff and I'm finding it pretty hard to convince myself to play Holy. Slightly better hps, yay?

Sure, it's nowhere near as bad as H LK - nothing is really "impossible" without Disc - but it's still bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It took them 4 expansions to fix Lightwell. Chakra was introduced in 4.0 I think? Still 2 expansions to go, don't be so hasty.

As for the topic at hand - I'm still keeping Holy spec as a secondary one, but I'll think I'll just drop it totally in 5.4. Yeah, sure, Divine Hymn became a powerful raid cooldown in 25, but it's pretty much the same thing as Tranquility and Revival. Meanwhile, Spirit Shell and shields are unique to Disc and atonement is still a pretty powerful tool - even if nowhere near as important in 25s. Add to this Divine Insight buff and I'm finding it pretty hard to convince myself to play Holy. Slightly better hps, yay?

Sure, it's nowhere near as bad as H LK - nothing is really "impossible" without Disc - but it's still bad.
    I still love and use the old Lightwell, even though at times I do glyph Lightspring, depends on the fight. It used to be a real raid cd if used properly and everyone clicked it on time, it was a highly effecient heal. Calling for everyone to click and they do shows a strong communication with your raid and a strong sense of awareness.

I'm flexible and play both specs depending on the fight. Disc for Jinrokh, Horridon, Jikun, Dark Animus. Holy for Council, Tortos, Megaera, Durumu, Primordius, Iron Qon, and Twins (all heroic). Still trying lei shen, but going disc for that. I'm in full mastery/spirit gear, which is fine for disc bubble spamming fights like lei shen and dark animus.

It's not like last tier where disc > holy for like all but 1 fight. They're pretty balanced IMO.