Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    t15 progression meters were all warlocks & tanks, except for fire mages on twin consorts and scumbagging on tortos.
    Well they certainly aren't now, which should be even more the case due to our "superior scaling".

Demo is still snapshotting crit on dots so UVLS and the amplification trinket would both theoretically give you auto crit doom ticks. Possibly if both trinkets were used you could drop the EA glyph for more damage but too early to tell. In practice I really feel the MF change to not applying to shadowflame/HoG. Probably be the death of demo in arena since you aren't hitting multiple targets with chaoswave anymore either.

Destro needs about a 30% bump to all its regular spells in terms of ember generation simply to offset the RoF change. Destro without RoF in the APL on live is borderline non viable bad. T16 set just makes for RNG on top of RNG for its bonus. It needs to be a flat chance when you conflag or 100% on crit. There is definitely a ICD on the ember master thing which again is hurt by the RoF ember nerf.

Soul leech is about a 100K shield max in near bis gear so it helps take the edge off but doesn't nearly double our EHP. This alone should take us down to where others are in terms of pve survival. Losing 10% flat mitigation is really going to hurt in pvp, especially with the gateway nerf and other changes. Locks are some of the most durable live in pve and the squishiest in pvp but that was almost entirely high capping soul leech.

I don't think we are going to be able to unmarry the mechanics that are really holding back locks in pvp mid expac. However I do think we can work around them quite a bit better than we have been doing. A couple spells will just need different pvp vs pve values (say AV), might need some of our stuff to ignore battle fatigue, and def need help in the damage delivery. Thus aff would get uninterruptable channeled spells, dest might get instant CB at 3x stacks of backdraft, and demo will need a change to chaoswave. Even just treat CW like soulfire....always crits (halved dmg), scales with crit, and revert the 33% nerf. Make the gosac portion a dot if you have to but probably unnecessary. The problem wasn't the non crit CW damage it was the sub 2% chance of a double crit. Demo also probably needs an imp summoned + DF refund when doom is dispelled. Stuff like that doesn't touch pve balance yet would make a world of difference in pvp.
    Last edited by Werst; 2013-07-03 at 01:27 PM. Reason: more info

Still waiting on some word for how AV is going to be changed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Still waiting on some word for how AV is going to be changed...
    I kinda expected a new patch on the PTR early in the week, but we haven't had one. Can't be long now though.

Looks like the PTR is down, hopefully it means a new build is incoming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Looks like the PTR is down, hopefully it means a new build is incoming.
    It is usually datamined before its installation. We might get the new trinkets on Flaskataur though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It is usually datamined before its installation. We might get the new trinkets on Flaskataur though.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=215959/5...icons-and-more

Nothing about Archimonde's yet, but Soul Swap is getting a bit of a makeover. And Nightfall now only procs from your most recent Corruption, but it's chance has been upped to 10%.

I guess the nightfall change will make the 4 piece affliction bonus for this tier not look as bad.

Deleted
    You copy your Shadow damage-over-time effects from the target, preserving their power and duration. For 6 sec afterwards, the next target you cast Soul Swap: Exhale on will be afflicted by the copied Shadow damage-over-time effects. You cannot Soul Swap to the same target.
    Soul Swap nerfed/buffed ?
    Buffed because it officially keeps the power, but kinda nerfed because you have to copy DoTs that were recently applied. And it doesn't do damage anymore, and you have only 6 sec to reapply the DoTs.

The next step would be the removal of the glyph and SB:SS ?

With the nerf to Corruption, they are in the process of hard nerfing the multidotting I guess.

(or I'm reading all this wrong )
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-07-03 at 05:51 PM.

also only have 6 seconds to copy over the dots.

Well, Seed will require less damage done before exploding.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a buff to affliction single target and the same if you're multi-dot is just two targets. Past that you're going to see a nerf.

The soul swap change keeping it's power could be fairly nice on a two target fight, where you could endlessly have one set of incredibly powerful dots rolling.

Deleted
    preserving power and duration
    This means if you inhale with 1 second of UA, when you exhale UA will still have 1 second duration as opposed to as it is on live, where the dot goes back to its full duration? (UA is an example)

They seem to be nerfing affli's multidotting, and buffing single target slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It's a buff to affliction single target and the same if you're multi-dot is just two targets. Past that you're going to see a nerf.

The soul swap change keeping it's power could be fairly nice on a two target fight, where you could endlessly have one set of incredibly powerful dots rolling.
    Dot's don't roll. They copy their duration as well, so you'll have to recast them at some point and get a new snapshot.

I don't like the look of these changes at all. Need to see what it does in practice, but 6 sec swap time is stupid, and that's the least of our worries.

Deleted
    It doesn't say anything about SB:SW. Did they remove that or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    It doesn't say anything about SB:SW. Did they remove that or what?
    I doubt that. Not sure what use the Glyph of Soul Swap is now though, since we allready leave our dots behind this way. Possibly they'll change it to make the glyph actually remove the dots. A reversal of how it was before.

I don't think it's much of a nerf. If you copy your dots at full duration you can have full powered dots on several targets without using a Shard(considering it doens't have a CD). That means we'll use shards for Haunting not for dots, hence the change to Nightfall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I doubt that. Not sure what use the Glyph of Soul Swap is now though, since we allready leave our dots behind this way. Possibly they'll change it to make the glyph actually remove the dots. A reversal of how it was before.
    Well, I don't understand why people say its nerf for more than 2 targets. It's a clear buff for 2 targets and nothing changes for >2 targets except less nightfall procs which isn't big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    This means if you inhale with 1 second of UA, when you exhale UA will still have 1 second duration as opposed to as it is on live, where the dot goes back to its full duration? (UA is an example)

They seem to be nerfing affli's multidotting, and buffing single target slightly.
    That is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Well, I don't understand why people say its nerf for more than 2 targets. It's a clear buff for 2 targets and nothing changes for >2 targets except less nightfall procs which isn't big deal.
    No idea where that thought comes from. Less nigthfall procs does mean less shards to play with, but with more targets there's plenty of chance to drain one for full shards back, so I doubt that'd be much of a problem.

Also not sure how much of a benefit it will be to 2 target. The copying part will help some, but you also loose shards where you could normally have 2 corruptions ticking.