Poll: What would you do?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd mostlikely keep subbed, regardless of theme.

Deleted
    Considering the fact that Wrathion is constantly talking about a greater evil, and the fact that MoP was a detour, I think it's at least likely that the next expansion will be Legion based.

The theme of an expansion alone cannot be reason alone.
    I enjoy the game for a variety of reasons, and while I did wonder how they would pull off a pandaren themed expansion I am pretty happy with the results.
    It would take a lot more than a theme to make me stop playing.

There won't be another "TBC styled" expansion. Why would they do that? There already is a TBC. Even if the next expansion becomes a Burning Legion based one, it will look and feel different from TBC.

I also think that it wouldn't change much either way. The people who are having fun now are likely to continue playing. The game can't reach the popularity and sub numbers it had when it was on the peak of it's success, no style of expansion can change anything about the fact that WoW is old and in a natural decline.

The ones who spend all their time bitching, whining and idealizing the past will just continue to bitch and whine even more once they realize that even a new Burning Legion based expansion won't give them the feeling of their youth back. I wonder what people actually expect. Just because you might be fighting the Burning Legion again, it doesn't mean the game will have anything to do with WoW 2007 design-wise. It's still gonna be WoW as it is today - the LFDs and LFRs and difficulty modes, valor points, the new talent system and pretty much everything else you're losing sleep over, and even more.

I'm already excited for the outrage that will break loose when a Legion expansion comes out.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-07-03 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    Would love it to be Legion.

Don't get me wrong the Old Gods are a good villain but only when they used them as the behind the scenes mysterious corrupters that they are (Ulduar, AQ etc. etc). I think they kind of removed the mystique on the old gods in Cata by throwing tentacles in your face at every opportunity and saying oh lawd a bad eye ball. When they took Neptulon away and then said "oh that story line is finished" that really irked me.

They did well with MoP sure it's old god story #1092401 but at least we had the Sha as some front men which were at least a little different and interesting. So yes a legion theme I'd really appreciate.

I wonder what form it will come in though, will they be assaulting Azeroth? Or do we skip that part in a world event and go choo choo for Argus?

I would adore going back to space! <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    Alright, no. Nobody on this planet can say MOP isn't a dark expansion. In fact, it might be the darkest of them all honestly. Have you seen dread wastes? Have you done any quests in the expansion? Had a bunch of death EVERYWHERE, allies included, especially shado pan in the steppes. So sad that almost two years after announcement we still have people who say this expansion isn't dark. Have you seen what garrosh is doing? He's kinda got the heart of an old god. And is unleashing a sha on the vale. And more people die. Look at the siege: it's been said by blizz orgrimmar is gonna be a bloodbath, and it is. Oh god it is. Isle of the thunder king even. There's no way that place isn't considered "dark." And lets not forget the sha. The root of all evil this expansion, and manifestations f negativity. Sorry to be Off Topic, but I'm so sick of people hating on this game's fantastic expansion.
    On topic: I'd be ecstatic. MoP is so fantastic already that I'm excited to see what's next, and a return of the legion would prepare for immense epic in this game.
    BUT PANDAS! KIDS GAME! NOT GRIMDARK BLOOD KNIGHTS SKULLFUCKING DEMONS! WAAAAAAA

Really though, I couldn't agree with you more. This expansion is deceptively cheerful. Like the pandaren themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I actually quit because of MoP. and I wasn't the only one.

I'd come back if the next xpac had a ''darker'' theme.
    The irony being that war (plus the terrible crimes that follow it) and corruption of the land and its people are fairly dark themes

I'd be pretty excited for it, as long as we get more than just recolored BC models for everything. BC was my favorite expansion.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-03 at 02:50 PM.

I don't really care. Irrelevant. I've continue my 2 on, 1 off.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have taken lots of breaks during this expansion even though I feel it's the best since I played TBC. Though objectively, it's the best iteration of the game they've put forth. The truth is that I would come back for the launch no matter what the subject of the expansion is, because I've learned it's worth playing initially regardless of how I ultimately feel about the expansion.

With that being said, I currently play and will keep playing regardless, but I would be very,very excited if the Burning Legion stuff comes true.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this game needs serious change. I loved wow pre-cata and I think blizzard needs to go back to they're roots. The game needs to take a darker more serious turn. Im sick and tired of the jokes and parodies. Please blizzard just stop, because the game is turning into a parody of itself. Blizzard also needs to hire some new armor designers because pretty much all the tier that has been released since cat has been horrible to average looking.

They need to also return to their western rpg roots, take inspiration from other games or universes as long as they improve upon these ideas it will seem fresh. I think having a burning legion centric expansion will be a perfect time to make this game more serious. Blizz said that mop was the calm before the storm well here is your shot blizzard dont screw it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be cautiously optimistic about what Blizzard will do with Draenei.

Kicking demon butts? Count me (and my priestess) in!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping the next one is Legion based and we give the Old Gods a break for now. Unless of course it's Kil'jaedan vs N'Zoth in which case: DO WANT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The irony being that war (plus the terrible crimes that follow it) and corruption of the land and its people are fairly dark themes
    It doesnt feel like war. It doesnt make you feel anything. Its a joke, the corruption of the land feels like a joke to. Its boring, it feels like a watered down kidy version of prince of persia's story. Boring as hell.

Bc was dark, wotlk was dark, cata couldve been dark but the amount of jokes, parodies and pop-culture references helped make the expansion a joke.

We need a real dark vibe, we need to see towns ravaged, necromancy, supernatural anamolies, in-human hordes of armies threatening to tear cities apart.etc

Something I can take seriously.

Deleted
    I will play it anyway, but I would prefer Azshara or Emerald Dream expasnion first TBH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    Alright, no. Nobody on this planet can say MOP isn't a dark expansion. In fact, it might be the darkest of them all honestly. Have you seen dread wastes? Have you done any quests in the expansion? Had a bunch of death EVERYWHERE, allies included, especially shado pan in the steppes. So sad that almost two years after announcement we still have people who say this expansion isn't dark. Have you seen what garrosh is doing? He's kinda got the heart of an old god. And is unleashing a sha on the vale. And more people die. Look at the siege: it's been said by blizz orgrimmar is gonna be a bloodbath, and it is. Oh god it is. Isle of the thunder king even. There's no way that place isn't considered "dark." And lets not forget the sha. The root of all evil this expansion, and manifestations f negativity. Sorry to be Off Topic, but I'm so sick of people hating on this game's fantastic expansion.
    On topic: I'd be ecstatic. MoP is so fantastic already that I'm excited to see what's next, and a return of the legion would prepare for immense epic in this game.
    You assume everybody gives a shit about what happens during leveling. I care about what I see and expirience myself, not what some random dude in lore did.

Hence the bigger picture pandaria isn't dark. I don't the pandas itself, I mind the whole asian concept that they force on you with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Deshow View Post
    It doesnt feel like war. It doesnt make you feel anything. Its a joke, the corruption of the land feels like a joke to. Its boring, it feels like a watered down kidy version of prince of persia's story. Boring as hell.

Bc was dark, wotlk was dark, cata couldve been dark but the amount of jokes, parodies and pop-culture references helped make the expansion a joke.

We need a real dark vibe, we need to see towns ravaged, necromancy, supernatural anamolies, in-human hordes of armies threatening to tear cities apart.etc

Something I can take seriously.
    I'm more than willing to bet that you only feel this way because you have an inherent bias. It's all a joke, it feels like its for kids... yet there's child slavery, destruction of the environment, death threats, mass murder. How can that in any way be light-hearted?

I... I just can't see it dude.

((Also, we do see towns ravaged and supernatural anomalies in Pandaria...))

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You assume everybody gives a shit about what happens during leveling. I care about what I see and expirience myself, not what some random dude in lore did.

Hence the bigger picture pandaria isn't dark. I don't the pandas itself, I mind the whole asian concept that they force on you with everything.
    Well if you only watch half of a baseball game and say "Well it sucked... my favorite team was down five runs" and don't watch the other half where they come out on top OF COURSE you're going to not going to like it.

That's what's beautiful about Pandaria... the lore and story... there's a lot of dark shit there, yet the scenery is, barring some of the areas that are REALLY fucked up, quite nice. It contrasts the story, which is a useful tool.

It's unfair to criticize an expansion's full theme if you've admitted that you don't have all the facts.

OMG TBC OMG OMG OMG......seriously nostalgia makes people look different ways....people hated cata for rehashes yet turn the other cheek for legion? lolol. id prefer azshara based emerald dream/nightmare xpac....legion is all hype and thats it from people wishing to rehash their nostalgic ways in outlands. i dont understand how people think outlands is so great. that zone alone is the reason i dont roll alts.

I think you could do some cool stuff with the armor and tier sets though and it really depends on who the final baddie will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    As much as I liked the Legion lore as a background thing, I hated Burning Crusade. It felt so alien, so distant. I couldn't care less about the threat to Outland on top of its sickly colours and nausea-inducing terrain.

Granted, Blizzard has learnt a lot since Burning Crusade as have the players. I'm confident they will do better than what BC was to me (which ranks only a little below Cataclysm), but hope to see something new before the Legion finally descends upon Azeroth.
    here is your problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    OMG TBC OMG OMG OMG......seriously nostalgia makes people look different ways....people hated cata for rehashes yet turn the other cheek for legion? lolol. id prefer azshara based emerald dream/nightmare xpac....legion is all hype and thats it from people wishing to rehash their nostalgic ways in outlands. i dont understand how people think outlands is so great. that zone alone is the reason i dont roll alts.
    LOLOL YEAH BRU LOLOLOL Y PEOPLE LIEKJ OUTLAND LOL I DONT KLNOW BECAUSE MAYBBBEE PEEPLE HAVE DIFERENT OPINIONS ? XD