Page 1 of 2
LastLast

<Combatant War Quartermaster> RBG mounts

Two new items were added called 'Vicious Saddle' and 'Vicious War Saddle' and they appear to be the currency for the new mounts. But not only that, but the previous two RBG mounts also require this saddle to purchase. I am very happy with these vendors, as it means they will not be retired in the future or after this season.

Anyway, my theory is that when getting the appropriate achievement after 5.4, you no longer automatically get the Vicious War Steed(http://www.wowhead.com/item=70909) when Alliance or Vicious War Wolf(http://www.wowhead.com/item=70910) when Horde but instead this 'Vicious War Saddle' item that allows you to buy one of two mounts (depending on faction)

Horde:

Vicious Skeletal Warhorse
    Vicious War Wolf

Alliance:

Vicious Warsaber
    Vicious War Steed

This also means they may add more RBG mounts in the future, more like the black war mounts in Vanilla.

Also:

Alliance version of the vendor doesn't have the mounts yet.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2013-07-03 at 11:20 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wilhelm ‏@Wilhelm116 2h
    @mumper Need more rbg mounts....said no one ever. Really hope the warhorse and nightsaber are from bgs/arena and not rbg.

Cory Stockton ‏@mumper 2h
    @Wilhelm116 They are for a wider PVP audience.

Should be pretty self explanatory there, actually asked that not long after the notes went up on mmochampion today. Could probably take that several different ways but "wider" doesn't scream to me rated bgs. If anything the saddle will be from arena and it will be a way to get more activity going or even bgs but with a harder requirement than what arena may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Wilhelm ‏@Wilhelm116 2h
    @mumper Need more rbg mounts....said no one ever. Really hope the warhorse and nightsaber are from bgs/arena and not rbg.

Cory Stockton ‏@mumper 2h
    @Wilhelm116 They are for a wider PVP audience.

Should be pretty self explanatory there, actually asked that not long after the notes went up on mmochampion today. Could probably take that several different ways but "wider" doesn't scream to me rated bgs. If anything the saddle will be from arena and it will be a way to get more activity going or even bgs but with a harder requirement than what arena may have.
    So in short they will be handed around like hotcakes making them void of any interest, gotcha.

Until they make Rated Battle Grounds accessible to melee classes, and players on low population realms I would prefer that they stop offering rewards for them. This is just me personally. It's already bad enough that they are mandatory when only half of the classes are actually able to compete in them. If they want to be backwards, then make melee be the only classes capable of competing in Arenas to even things out.

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    Until they make Rated Battle Grounds accessible to melee classes, and players on low population realms I would prefer that they stop offering rewards for them. This is just me personally. It's already bad enough that they are mandatory when only half of the classes are actually able to compete in them. If they want to be backwards, then make melee be the only classes capable of competing in Arenas to even things out.
    Rated BGs are crossrealm, download Oqueue and Voila. I don't know a melee class that isn't viable or doesn't have another spec to play in them.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-07-03 at 11:50 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    So in short they will be handed around like hotcakes making them void of any interest, gotcha.
    Should they be for only ranged classes though or tanks/heals? It was a failed experiment adding pvp mounts to only rbgs when even less people take part in them than even arena. If having a currency gives incentive to do more than ranged bgs then i'm all for it being a melee and being on a dead server that will never pull 75+ wins out of it's ass.

You also say if a melee spec doesn't work why not just change to a spec that will? Well maybe not everyone likes being shoehorned into playing something they don't like. Pvp as a whole is sliding down faster than anything else currently and if giving an incentive beyond gear to more than just a single aspect of pvp makes some go back to it then good for it.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-07-03 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Should they be for only ranged classes though or tanks/heals? It was a failed experiment adding pvp mounts to only rbgs when even less people take part in them than even arena. If having a currency gives incentive to do more than ranged bgs then i'm all for it being a melee and being on a dead server that will never pull 75+ wins out of it's ass.

You also say if a melee spec doesn't work why not just change to a spec that will? Well maybe not everyone likes being shoehorned into playing something they don't like. Pvp as a whole is sliding down faster than anything else currently and if giving an incentive beyond gear to more than just a single aspect of pvp makes some go back to it then good for it.
    PvP was at its best when classes mostly only had 1 viable spec (BC + most of WoLTK).
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-07-03 at 11:49 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP was at its best when classes mostly only had 1 viable spec (BC + most of WoLTK).
    Can't argue with that when I actually did the vast majority of my pvp in Wrath but also know it's far past the point of no return where they could change it back, everyone wants to play whatever they want and not be forced into their single viable spec.

Blah. I was hoping they'd be for something that isn't PvP related. All four of those mounts are BA.

Deleted
    Because God forbid you ride a mount because you like it, not because it's only good for showing it off to the internet plebs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try to stay on-topic and keep it to discussing the mounts and speculation of where the currency to buy them might come from, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Because God forbid you ride a mount because you like it, not because it's only good for showing it off to the internet plebs.
    Because god forbid anything rewards efforts, skill and allow you to stand out. Time to tell my friend that is buying himself a 2013 Dodge Charger because his education allowed him to get a very good job how petty he is.

Would be nice if they were new mounts for doing regular BG's. It's been a while since we've had anything new mount wise for them, and would give incentive to do normal BG's more for myself personally

Rated BGs are crossrealm, download Oqueue and Voila. I don't know a melee class that isn't viable or doesn't have another spec to play in them.
    warriors.

i also have zero desire to maintain 2 full gearsets and telling me i have to play a healer to instead of enhance/ret/ww is insulting to the ammount of effort i've put into becoming skilled at those specs.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Because god forbid anything rewards efforts, skill and allow you to stand out. Time to tell my friend that is buying himself a 2013 Dodge Charger because his education allowed him to get a very good job how petty he is.
    how does this have anything to do with mounts? you dont need an education to buy a car. lol. you can work at a fast food restaurant as a cashier, and still drive a car such as what you mentioned.

yah, use a mount be cause you like it. not because no more then one person can have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    warriors.

i also have zero desire to maintain 2 full gearsets and telling me i have to play a healer to instead of enhance/ret/ww is insulting to the ammount of effort i've put into becoming skilled at those specs.
    Running RBGs on my Monk around 2k rating with one, as fury none the less and i've seen him literally solo a team in Battle for Gilneas with Reck Bladestorm. Warriors can easily replace a DK if you know how to target call.

And why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    how does this have anything to do with mounts? you dont need an education to buy a car. lol. you can work at a fast food restaurant as a cashier, and still drive a car such as what you mentioned.

yah, use a mount be cause you like it. not because no more then one person can have it.
    Indeed, this is what it should be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post

Idk how much Cashiers are paid where you live but i don't know many that could afford a car like that in Canada. Anyway, i thought the comparison was pretty obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Indeed, this is what it should be about.
    Cool, where do i go to collect my Merciless Gladiator Drake or Invincible? Aparently cosmetic rewards for skillfull play aren't a thing anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    warriors.

Thats when you make your own RBG group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Idk how much Cashiers are paid where you live but i don't know many that could afford a car like that in Canada. Anyway, i thought the comparison was pretty obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, where do i go to collect my Merciless Gladiator Drake or Invincible? Aparently cosmetic rewards for skillfull play aren't a thing anymore.
    I don't really care for the arena mounts, so it's a non issue for me, but I deffo think they shouldn't remove things like mounts from the game, i'm sure many disagree with me, and thats fine. Mounts are fun for everyone, and should in my opinion be available to everyone so they can work towards them regardless of when they joined the game.