Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They should just remove leveling entirely at this point. It's a leftover relic of old WoW and not really of importance in new WoW.

You know what this thread needs? More discussion about the item shops and less discussion about how crappy the poll is.

If all you can contribute is "The poll sucks" that's fine, I'm pretty sure it's been said about 1,000 times already. How about discussing the actual issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about quit, but this doesn't make me one bit happy. Just another straw on the camel's back.

I will not be happy if they add experience buffs that you have to buy outside of the game.

That kind of thing is fine for a game like Gw2 because I don't have to pay every month to play the game. But WoW should not have that.

i`ll say this: wow was the only thing left without cash shop microtransaction crap. the entire point of paying a monthly access fee for wow is to avoid exactly this.

first it was consoles, then all other pc games. if they bring it to wow i will just quit gaming period. microtransaction cash shop DLC garbage ruined gaming forever and i will just stop playing all games except the old ones from before gaming turned into a tourist trap

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    except the old ones from before gaming turned into a tourist trap
    Think you summed it up really nicely. That's indeed what a lot of gaming has become.

Tourist trap is an establishment, or group of establishments, that has been created or re-purposed with the aim of attracting tourists[1] and their money. Tourist traps will typically provide services, entertainment, souvenirs and other products for tourists to purchase.

Sounds a lot like being a "gamer" these days

Yes I would quit the moment there will be an itemshop with anything but level/transmog gear. I would have likely instantly quit on introduction of an ingame shop if I'd still pay my subscription the regular way.

close this thread plz

No because I'm not some bloke who thinks he's a woman and dramatically over reacts to everything he hears. If anything this will be for Asia the area where WoW is losing subs like no tomorrow this may simply be Blizzards attempt to compete with F2P Games in that region, WoW f2p? Maybe in Asia, not in Europe.

Besides I'm not forced to buy it even if it showed up in Europe so why should I care if some random guy wants 100% more exp?

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    How about another option "No, I don't care if other people spend extra to play a game."
    When I didn't see this option I was thinking, so what do I actually press then?

WOOOOWW what an interesting non-biased poll!! I feel that the OP really tried to strike a middle ground and represent both views when he created this thread and poll............

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    with data mine of the new buff coming to ingame store 5.4 ( hey made not make it @ all who knows).
    would u think they add option to buy ingame item with real cash like diablo 3.
    now its a 100%exp buff( pointless to use boa gear). tomorrow may be tier items.
    Mats for profession, stuff u normally see on a paid to win game or free to pay game with item u could buy in right away or work to get it like gw2.

all i know if this is the direction wow is going im soo not coming back after my break.
    we wont miss you. Also, theres no reason to think that the 100% buff wont stack with heirlooms.

more to the point of the thread though, ill likely quit if they Dont add the features in. We've been asking for this for years, they cant put it in just to tease us without expecting the repercussions.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Because people seem to have an overwhelming understand of business, guess which of the following two options is better for blizzard:

A) Microtransactions introduced, game goes free to play 6 months later.

or

B) game goes free to play, microtransactions introduced at the same time.

Both of these could be wrong of course, and this is purely aimed at asian market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Poll is far too biased for me to vote. There's no option for "No, I don't care what other people spend their money on, I'll enjoy the game my way".
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. It will start out that way, simple cosmetics such as XP boosts and VP boosts and then slowly will turn to selling high level gear ending up with gear that is as good as raiding or dungeons to be realistic and would be more of pay 2 win situation. Also, I generally hate having an ingame store that sells for real money

"Hey, you know those regions of the world where we dont even own the servers the game is on, or get paid their monthly fees? lets design a cash shop for those regions, even though we have no way to implement it!" "Sounds like a great idea to me!"
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

"in-game store" doesn't necessarily mean a cash shop is on the way. this XP buff (btw, it could easily stack with boas. or else it wouldn't be as desired, ESPECIALLY if it was a cash payment) could easily be bought with gold, after all Blizzard is always looking for ways to implement the next big gold sink. that being said, I could see it working the the battle.net balance they implemented not too long ago (last year I think? I can't actually remember when it was implemented exactly). but in the end, I'd be fine with it, under 2 conditions.

1.) WoW lost the sub fee.

2.) It didn't empower people. An XP buff is great, xmog items are great, mounts and pets are great, buying tyrannical pvp gear isn't.

if they follow those 2 conditions I would be fine with a cash shop. look at GW2, there's a cash shop done right.

Where's the "I quite frankly don't give a vann damn" option?

Seriously... I really couldn't care. I'm not one to care.

If it got to the point where there was a significant endgame advantage I'd be concerned, but this, or even buying stuff that gives a minor advantage (basically anything not having to do with the endgame, or perhaps rep buffs)... nah. I'm not silly enough to quit over something like that.

As long as it is not a "premium gear that is better than regular gear" i do not mind.

I would honestly not even mind them selling low quality epic gear sets - with LFR and crafting so easy, free epics are practically everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    How about another option "No, I don't care if other people spend extra to play a game."
    Agree totally. It is so easy to level but I have brains and enjoy the game, and enjoy the journey not just the destination. I do know some mouth breathers only exists to be 90 and sit in SW for 5 hours a day so if they feel such a need for this, let them. I would like it if blizz marked them in some way, like making their skin green, so everyone could see the people who got their mummy's to pay for such things. That would be enjoyable.