Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    You don't deserve this cloak and I feel sorry that you still managed to get a cloak. Go back to LFR, leave mmo champion and please unsub. Also, im 100% sure you can't pass it due to keybinding issues and ASD movements, which once again proves my point.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-05 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elarith View Post
    You don't deserve this cloak and I feel sorry that you still managed to get a cloak. Go back to LFR, leave mmo champion and please unsub. Also, im 100% sure you can't pass it due to keybinding issues and ASD movements, which once again proves my point.
    And this would be the toxic environment that is perpetuated on the internet.

While I am no Death Knight, I did the DPS quest as a Ret Paladin, ilevel 517 at the time, LFR and VP gear only (didn't get my 516 H Scenario weapon til after the cloak).

Did it take me awhile to figure out to do it while effectively undergeared? Yes.

Did I die countless times, mostly, if anything, to the adds (unlike Frost DKs, I don't get a ranged AoE snare to work with, I consider you guys lucky for that)? Yes.

Did I manage to find a way to do it? Yup.

Burn all CDs at start, use Divine Shield once Health at half to AoE bloods down. Stun Wrathion on one Mirror Image cast, Blinding Light a second (timed with bloods up helps for a couple seconds too), and pray you get lucky with Divine Storm/Hammer of the Righteous for the third. Use Lay on Hands during second Blood spawn to survive, pray for some luck, and press on. If you are lower gear and can survive the second Blood phase, the fight is in the bag.

The 1.2mil damage, pure Holy, stars-aligned-every proc and CD, Templar's Verdict crit did help some too...

Anyone can do it, even in lower-than-intended gear. Just remember that those who do succeed at it with lower gear, are actually doing harder content than those in Normal/Heroic gear. When content is solo, being a "hardcore Heroic raider" actually nerfs the solo legendary quest content, due to gear.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Well, in hindsight, yeah maybe I would have gotten better at it, but why struggle through an allegedly bugged mechanic?
    Because you couldn't figure out how to avoid a mechanic means it's bugged? Guess I should start sending Blizzard a bug ticket everytime something kills me on the first try then.

I just did the tank one in my DPS gear.

August Celestial coin buff for 10% more stam, and got one of the healer shado Pan NPCs to follow me.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Yeah this except a little less harsh, nothing about it is bugged or else Blizz would have hotfixed it by now with so many people having the cloak
    Well, it seemed to me, that the whole encouter is prone to be bugged (my favourite was the case where i have two wrathions, neither of him was mine) and the cleave graphics is definately not showing properly. Still, the bugs are annoying, but the whole thing is doable.

The only possible "bug" I know about is the same one that's effecting the ground cleave that the MoP rares have, where it shows the area on the ground, but that's not its actual area (its showing ferther round to the left than it should, the damage is still a frontal 180, but the graphic is showing a the 180 degree cone spawning at 45 degrees from the boss), easiest way to deal with this is too look at the MOB not the target ground, and stand directly behind him.

Now like i said this is effecting the RARES I've no idea about Wrathion, but it uses the exact same mechanical system to render it, so its feasible it is a bugged animation and causing people issues. (if you don't believe me about this, go kill one of the rares and see for yourself) Just pay attention to Wrathion himself and not the ground animation and you'll be fine (you wanna stand directly behind him anyway as you get a damage buff)

I had the same problem with the arc hitting you. After like 10 tries I just did the tanking challenge as blood with DPS gear and 1 shot it. You can pick any cloak regardless of which challenge you complete, so don't feel like you have to complete the DPS one for the DPS cloak.

Roiling blood, Lichborne, Chilblains, Death pact, Unholy spec. Basically: when in danger and in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout, only instead of screaming you should use BB.
    TL;DR: back of the boss is safe, bloodboil for blood keeps it away and that is all. 520 ilvl was more than enough.
    Last edited by Morry; 2013-07-04 at 05:53 PM.

As Unholy:
    Lots of kiting
    Chillblains
    Death Syphon
    Lots of AMS use

took a few trys, just need to be good at staying out of shit and kiting and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamona View Post
    Well, it seemed to me, that the whole encouter is prone to be bugged (my favourite was the case where i have two wrathions, neither of him was mine) and the cleave graphics is definately not showing properly. Still, the bugs are annoying, but the whole thing is doable.
    That's a case of phasing issues which are shown all around Pandaria and shouldn't add any extra blame to this quest in particular. The cleave shows fine, as with any spell effect anywhere just give it a bit of extra room to be safe. Unless there is a one shot mechanic preventing it then always giving a ground effect plenty of room around it means you're safer then standing on the edge of it

I just switched to my pvp spec which is frost and did it no problem after that

Deleted
    I'm no DK but am I the only one who one shot this quest, was I close to die? yes but that is what my LoH was for, and I tanked all the adds first time they spawnd lol did not know you where not supposed too

This is an absurd challenge, insanely cheap and difficult.

What where your strats and preparation for this fight? I'm admittedly an LFR-baby, but no amount of ilvl increase would seem to have helped me here. mainly his crumbling arc seem to hit more than just the 180-degree "fire" that he prepares. I think I'm safe 5-10 yards away while being chased by his blood adds yet it still takes ~190k HP off me. I tried HB spam style to Unholy pew-pew with IT, DSiphon and DC, and failed.

Mainly because that crumbling arc likes to hit stuff it shouldn't hit. I don't know if I was lagging, or bugged, but it was frustrating nonetheless. Never had too much problems with similar attacks (like WoE's arcs)

Anyways, this is all academic and maybe a little rant-ish, because I just then changed Blood, no reforging with my full dps gear, and completed the tank challenge in 2 tries without researching (I failed the 1st attempt because I derped and watched Wrathion get pelted by DW's elementals when I was supposed to meat shield those). Tank challenge was insanely easy regardless, and felt kinda cheap, but I wonder if anyone else also took the same path.
    The arc graphics are bugged, you should be watching the buff that you get when you are behind him as a reference to see if the arc is going to hit you or not.

Deleted
    what the hell, you open a thread for this shit? serious?

i did it on the first attempt without knowing whats going to happen in that challenge. xuen is even giving you hints! he tells you that furion is blind and you should attack him from behind...
    so i dodged the 180° aoe, blasted the adds down and just killed furion
    i mean, wtf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhnwyn View Post
    what the hell, you open a thread for this shit? serious?

i did it on the first attempt without knowing whats going to happen in that challenge. xuen is even giving you hints! he tells you that furion is blind and you should attack him from behind...
    so i dodged the 180° aoe, blasted the adds down and just killed furion
    i mean, wtf
    Same here. If you are used to standing behind mobs all the time, which you should be, this isn't really much of a challenge.

Quick Summary as a DW Frost iLvL 533.

The Arc is a 180 frontal mechanic...so stand behind it. If your getting hit, then you were to close. Period.

The Bloods get destroyed by DnD and HB. You can also Icebound Fort and Death Pact the second larger group to kill them faster.

Remorsless Winter on CD. Stuns Wraition.

Asphyx on CD. Stuns Wraithion.

HB his mirror images. You can AMS Inferno.

The fight overall was pretty fun and I think out of all the DK DPS specs, Unholy would have the hardest time. DW Frost the easiest. The DK class has the best utility spells to get through this challenge. I feel sorry for Ret Pallies...and grats to those who completed it.

At this point, this cloak is by FAR the best cloak for both DPS and tanking. So, either way...you should be doing this challenge regardless. The dodge and parry on the tanking cloak are wasted stats.

Took me a couple of tries, the first really to learn about all his extra casts and what to interrupt (Blood cast). Did it as regular Unholy spec and yes you should be good at getting behind targets by now and the arc will be the least of your worries. Smoke graphic was enough to avoid it. Anywhere behind him and you do extra damage.

If you do end up kiting to kill the blobs, don't be afraid to run of Wrathion's range because he jumps right back to you. With that said, I don't think kiting is needed. My slacker butt forgot about pet stun and did not spec to freeze him but did interrupt the one cast and just dodged the smoke on the floor. Used an IBF when Blobs came out, took a few hits - instead of kiting, DnD, BB and kept beating the snot out of Wrathion. Mirror images were a joke as mentioned. AMS recharge in his other AoE and stand and beat his ass.
    Use the stuns as others have mentioned, power him down faster. My advice is less running and avoiding; more strafing and punching his kidneys. Be fearless!

Deleted
    its a challenge... so like raid bosses u need some attemps to got it..
    i got the cloak 1 month ago... wipped 6-7 time before do it as frost

LOL

I just didn't realize the amount of butt-blasting mad I'd cause here, and I suppose I apologize for that.

I've maybe done a Mogu warrior rare once (for the achievement) and I didn't notice the arc since he maybe did it only twice or 3 before I killed him.

Also, In hindsight, the meta-gem solo scenario was more difficult, IMO, than the cloak DPS quest. Well, at least, it took me more tries, IIRC. Plus, had I known at the time that the 180-degree arc was consistently slightly offset I would have eventually bothered to do the DPS challenge and gotten it. But the tank challenge was there, available, and apparently, easier. (I didn't even think of bring a Shado-Pan NPC with me, that's awesome LOL, though Blood didn't really need it, even in DPS gear)

Again I say, why do the harder challenge when the easier challenge gives EXACTLY the same reward?

(By the way, I can see some of the wowhead/youtubers in these posts---there's no way you can just stay and DPS Wrathion behind his back; the adds hit too hard for me to tank)

To the rest, stay mad. I raid 1 hour a week and I will get my Legendary DPS Cloak.

Deleted
    To the rest, stay mad. I raid 1 hour a week and I will get my Legendary DPS Cloak.
    And i was even liking you... until now !