Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I can't really remember it, I only caught the odd episodes of Gen IV and Gen V's anime. I might watch Gen VI's depending on who is with Ash, I wasn't a huge fan of Cilan so I don't think I'll bother if he's back in it
    I think it's been confirmed that Ash will have completely new companions.

I think the girl is either gonna nr the Female Protagonist, or the Rival (since she's a girl if you're a boy).

I wouldn't have a problem with that, I like the look of both.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/
    I have a feeling the companions will be some of these guys.

id really like it if ash got to hang out with the boy character from the games instead of the girl character for once.

i dont think the boy character has ever shown up anywhere except in the backgrounds

id also like to see a series where ash goes solo for a bit. i think that would be cool too

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe one where he goes around with a professor

Deleted
    Has the professor for X and Y been announced? I think that'd be a good idea if they were fairly young, I don't think someone older like Oak would've worked for example
    It's gonna be a woman again as far as I know, so probably around the same age as Juniper?

And him travelling with the professor would be a pretty bad idea imo.

Deleted
    What makes you say that?

She could just appear in a few episodes I suppose, doesn't have to be a permanent companion
    We're talking about permanent companions though.

And it would be a bad idea, because Ash always travels with persons that are around the same age as him.

And a teenager, that is also a professor, does not make sense at all.

Xerneas & Yveltal's types haven't been revealed yet... That's strange.

I want to see Ash go solo, really. I also want to see a friendly tournament between all of his past and current companions (one can dream).

Deleted
    Hmm, they revealed anew Pokemon.

And I think this is the first Pokemon in Gen 6 that I don't like ( Had to happen sometime)

He's Ghost/Steel, and he looks like he might have levitate which would make him only weak to fire.

I really like the new pokemon.

Slightly off-topic: should I get a 3ds XL or a normal one? Their price differs importantly (100+ UK pounds), so I am wondering if the XL version is so damn great to cost so much? I was saving for a pikachu one, but the price made me reconsider, although I haven't yet decided against buying a pikachu one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

Slightly off-topic: should I get a 3ds XL or a normal one? Their price differs importantly (100+ UK pounds), so I am wondering if the XL version is so damn great to cost so much? I was saving for a pikachu one, but the price made me reconsider, although I haven't yet decided against buying a pikachu one.
    The XL is worlds better.

Better quality in the material.

Better touchscreen (As in, it won't get scratch by the stylus that comes with it)

Bigger screen obviously, (With the normal 3DS it's sometimes really hard to read the text in some games)

And it feels much nicer in your hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    The XL is worlds better.

Better quality in the material.

Better touchscreen (As in, it won't get scratch by the stylus that comes with it)

Bigger screen obviously, (With the normal 3DS it's sometimes really hard to read the text in some games)

And it feels much nicer in your hands.
    The most important part, to me. Easily underestimated, but holy crap how much less your hands hate you after a proper session! :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Which game do you have in mind here? I haven't had any trouble with games on my 3DS :s

--
    Fire Emblem Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id also like to see a series where ash goes solo for a bit. i think that would be cool too

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe one where he goes around with a professor
    I'd like to see the series follow a different protagonist each new region. That would be way cool.

He's Ghost/Steel
    Oh look, he stole Golurk typing, or at least the one I feel that he should have had

It looks pretty plain. There's still not a 6th gen Pokémon which has really impressed me. Sure there's a bunch of good ones, and a good couple of them look like they have good potential for having cool evolutions, but there's not really a single Pokémon that I feel that I absolutely need to have on my team. I guess they'll come at a later time, rarely do first stage Pokémon invoke anything in me anyways.

Deleted
    Ghost/Steel, huh? That means:
    It's weak to Ground & Fire (unless it gets something like levitate)
    It's immune to Fighting, Poison and Normal (+ see above).
    It resists Flying, Psychic, Bug2, Rock, Dragon, Steel, Ice & Grass + possibly Fairy? We'll see.
    It's damaged normally by Dark, Ghost, Water & Electric.

I bet it's pretty slow but has great attack stat and high defense & HP.
    Smogon will love this thing.

Hmm, they revealed anew Pokemon.

And I think this is the first Pokemon in Gen 6 that I don't like ( Had to happen sometime)

He's Ghost/Steel, and he looks like he might have levitate which would make him only weak to fire.
    its a sword O_O thats awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

the 3ds itself is a great product, i had mine since release and its still in pretty much perfect condition. if your low on money or cant spend alot you wont be let down by it.

however the 3ds xl just overall makes the entire experience better especially if you are the kind of person who sits down and plays for long periods of time. and if you have the money to spare in the longrun it will just make everything better. but still if money is a problem the 3ds will still satisfy you in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think the ghost sword looks amazing :<

Deleted
    FFS!!! *angry*

Encountered a wild Skarmory level 30, thought my Raichu's Quick attack might weaken it enough without killing it so I can catch it, so far so good, 2 Quick Attacks later I start praying: Please no crit, please no crit..

Yes, Raichu crits, and kills the Skarmory.

YOU HAD ONE JOB.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be pretty cool if the sword evolved into like a ghost wielding the sword as a weapon or something.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I think it would be pretty cool if the sword evolved into like a ghost wielding the sword as a weapon or something.
    I think with steel/Ghost a lot of people would like it toevolve into a possessed suit of armor.

It's not as bad as I first thought, but definitely the design that I like the least so far, except maybe for gogoat.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahahaha

this is great