Deleted
    I did more instances today. Here is Twilight Arbor's Nightmare Tree:

My party starting the battle

Aetherblade Retreat

Aetherblade Retreat really looks nice.

Deleted
    Holy cow! I need to get myself this game! ^^

Deleted
    I miss GW2, even though I never want to play it again.
    I personally found it so boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Holy cow! I need to get myself this game! ^^
    price just went down, i think it's like 40 Euros now
    Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
    I miss GW2, even though I never want to play it again.
    I personally found it so boring.
    GW2 is the kind of game where you make your own fun, some people like that freedom, others do not. there are some legitimate issues with the game, but many i feel are grossly overblown by the community and relative to other MMOs, GW2 is in a very good place atm. so often you read threads where people say "OMG i cld not get into GW2, stopped playing for 6 months, came back changed profession/weapons, am now having a blast and wondered why i left in the first place" etc. mindset is one of the biggest determining factors to whether or not you will enjoy GW2.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    More map completion today: Bria's Manor in Hellion Forest, Iron Marches.

there are a couple of neat events associated with that Manor

Deleted
    ^ I know. I actually tried to test timelapse there, but the event had popped up and I found my character standing instead of sleeping when I returned to computer (went out to walk dogs).

Heart of the mist at dragon bash (is very pink).

Deleted

They still haven't added an option to hide a character, have they?

Deleted
    Iryne! We're waiting for more!

I've been working my way up to 100% map completion and I am going through the Shiverpeaks right now. I decided to go through the
    Shiverpeaks last because I never liked snow areas. I have to say the Shiverpeaks are one of most beautiful areas in the game, I'm considering leveling up a Norn because of it.

I was a little disappointed with my screenshots though, the sceneries look more amazing in-game. How do Iryne's look so amazing?!

Last edited by worprz; 2013-08-02 at 12:47 AM.

Deleted
    I have the same problem. Everything in game looks much better than on my screenshots ;/ No idea why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I was a little disappointed with my screenshots though, the sceneries look more amazing in-game. How do Iryne's look so amazing?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I have the same problem. Everything in game looks much better than on my screenshots ;/ No idea why.

You can take bitmap pictures instead of default jpeg. This is done with "-bmp" command line.
    -bmp
    Forces the game to create lossless screenshots as .BMP files. Use for creating high-quality screenshots at the expense of much larger files.
    Here are the instructions how to add bitmap command.
    1. Right click on your GW2.exe and click create shortcut.
    2. Right click on your GW2 shortcut and select 'Properties'.
    3. In the 'Target Area' field you will see the location of your Guild Wars executable file: "<...>\Gw2.exe"
    4. Write the desired command line arguments after the quote marks, each beginning with a space: "<...>\Gw2.exe" -bmp

For more info see gw2 wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Sorry, no new landscape pics yet. Work has been taking all my time.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, I always take screenshots. ^_^ These are nothing amazing, but I will post them anyways. Two pics from doing daily at Queensdale.
    Watermill in Village of Shaemoor

Temple of Ages within Godslost Swamp

Deleted
    Iryne is baaaaaack! Thanks, I've just done what you said and will post a new screenshot later xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing these screenshots makes me wish to try the game. But B2P is too expensive for a person who wish to try it, to see if it's interesting enough to play. Tried it during the open Beta, but really didn't give the right feeling for me. And the rumors about lacking endgame is scary. But the engine looks delightful.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Well, after doing what you said, sshots still don't look like in-game places

To keep Queensdale theme :

But in game it's more bright And generally speaking - looks better there.

EDIT: Actually... after posting it here - it's not that bad as I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Seeing these screenshots makes me wish to try the game. But B2P is too expensive for a person who wish to try it, to see if it's interesting enough to play. Tried it during the open Beta, but really didn't give the right feeling for me. And the rumors about lacking endgame is scary. But the engine looks delightful.
    wait for it to go on sale, it goes on sale once every ~2 months or so. it's a buy once player forever MMO, they update once every 2 weeks now and when people say it has no end-game they mean no WoW-style end-game. if you only like raiding and don't want to explore, do Jumping Puzzle, tPvP or WvW then i suggest waiting 'til ANet unveils it's version of "raid" like content and see if that grabs you. either way i highly recommend the game, but take that for what you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Well, after doing what you said, sshots still don't look like in-game places
    if you think Iryne's ss are good then you need to try this, it'll make your jaw drop http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._settings_for/

about the lighting in-game compared to ss i have a similar issue, game looks jaw dropping in-game and the ss look decent but way too dark even though i use windowed fullscreen so it shld be using my desktop gamma/lighting which is higher than normal, but then my screen also auto balances light too so i need to figure out the sweet spot, but i am lazy. oh and FYI playing this game in 3D is mind fucking blowing.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    You can take bitmap pictures instead of default jpeg. This is done with "-bmp" command line.

Here are the instructions how to add bitmap command.
    1. Right click on your GW2.exe and click create shortcut.
    2. Right click on your GW2 shortcut and select 'Properties'.
    3. In the 'Target Area' field you will see the location of your Guild Wars executable file: "<...>\Gw2.exe"
    4. Write the desired command line arguments after the quote marks, each beginning with a space: "<...>\Gw2.exe" -bmp
    Hey thanks for this! I will have to give it a try and take some more screenshots.

Deleted
    Don't let this thread die! *looks for Iryne*

Some crappy screenshots from me