Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will new character models be the "new race" for next expansion?

I am just curious what you guys think. It is ofc. just my personal speculation, but after lot of messages released by Blizzard's representatives: "New character models is too much work, tons of problems incomming." I am starting to think, that model rework will be part of next expansion, but it will be presented instead of new race.

What are your thoughts on this topic? Would you be ok with this aproach?
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    What are your thoughts on this topic? Would you be ok with this aproach?
    I'd be very happy, we have enough races already. Long as everyone gets a one-time free respec of appearance with the model update.

i reckon so, no new race, new models instead.
    <insert witty signature here>

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I'd be very happy, we have enough races already. Long as everyone gets a one-time free respec of appearance with the model update.
    We do have enough races already, no question. Unless they're going to add High Elves, I don't see any reason to keep layering them on. What I would want instead is more story about the races that don't get enough screen time. If you're presenting these as equally important, meaningful members of the factions, we need to make sure they all get some play.

I don't see anyone getting a free "respec" to change race if they introduce new models. No reason to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think so it took months to do pandaran models and they've been working on new race models maybe a month or two before MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but they would need to do a super amazing job of it.

They should also add further customisation- maybe tattoos, trophies, new hairstyles etc
    New sub-factional touches like taunka, mag'har etc perhaps.
    We've already seen in-game tattoos such as on wildhammer dwaves, dragonmaw orcs and Garrosh himself.

i agree that this will probably be the main feature instead of new races. however, the "we have enough races" thing, no we don't. there is never too much variety.

New race would be nice from a story point of view.
    Personally the new models hold less of an appeal to me, particularly being towards the low end of the system requirements then I am well used to sacrificing eye-candy for better results.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Exactly this, I'd like to be able to re-customize and change race if we do get new models, Maybe I'd like the new human female over my currently night elf female monk.

Deleted
    People seem to underestimate the impact of updating the existing models.

It will not just affect our character models, but every single NPC/mob throughout the entire game, that shares our model, will be updated as well.
    A good example of this happening, would of course be the high/blood elf and worgen model.
    Last edited by mmoc25e5b9266c; 2013-07-04 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everybody care so much about new character models? I always get criticized for being zoomed in too close to my character and every time I watch videos the people are always so far out there with the camera that you can barely even see the character in the first place. What's the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i agree that this will probably be the main feature instead of new races. however, the "we have enough races" thing, no we don't. there is never too much variety.
    I think the same. But from our experience with Blizzard, I can presume, that they will not spend double amount of resources for doing both. Especialy after they constantly saying, that new models are so much resource consuming. I do not know why, but it is popping in my head like: "It is not Blizzard's style." ... I would love to see both new models and new race, but I doubt it.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

We didn't need to buy MOP to play as Pandaren. So I can see this happening for sure, it just makes sense!

Deleted
    I don't think so. The Legions Outlands have a lot of possible races to join alliance or horde. Ogre anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmzuay View Post
    I don't see anyone getting a free "respec" to change race if they introduce new models. No reason to do that.
    I didn't mean race change, I meant being able to choose all your appearance options again within your race and gender choice. With an update to the models, you might like some other options of appearance better than what you had to choose from the first time around. Or your choices might radically change how your character looks and what looked okay before now makes you seem like Fuggor the Hurrrgharian.

I wouldn't mind this being the case -- the Draenei, Gnomes, Goblins, and Worgen all need to have some more shine in the lore spotlight as they haven't really been included as much as some of the others. Draenei especially I feel have been forgotten/neglected since TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmzuay View Post
    Free respec for your current race, not respec to another race.

Edit: Meh, too slow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mishweh View Post
    I don't think so. The Legions Outlands have a lot of possible races to join alliance or horde. Ogre anyone?
    Outland* and we pretty much wiped the legion from Outland during BC

We have enough classes - but I wouldn't more races.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Stop being greedy. I would love updated models over a new race!
    My name is what makes me so manly.