Deleted

Fastest way to handle loot in "ICC 25 HC legendary shards farm run"?

Hello,
    so I've been thinking about finally getting my Shadowmourne (only like 3 years or something later :P) Mostly I want it for the tabard, other RP items I will give to friends probably.

So I will be making weekly ICC 25 runs, with the only stuff that will be reserved for me are the shards. But what is the best way of handling loot in these runs? Considering it will take multiple runs to get enough shards, I want to have smooth, drama-free runs. I don't want to put bad reputation on my name or on my guild, and I want people to enjoy the runs, so that they join next week again.

If I use group loot, I risk that somebody will ninja one of the shards and leave the raid, if I use Master Looter it will take ages to distribute the loot (ppl want stuff from ICC for transmog). With my gear I will probably be one of the highest DPS in the raid, and I won't be very useful standing at the boss' corpse while rest of the group is already clearing trash towards next boss.

Deleted
    Use a smaller group of 5 people~ and a ML system would probably be the easiest. If you use ML you can still request a regular roll on items for people.

Otherwise, dont invite people that can do the shadowmourne quest, and you can just use roll, since you are the only one that can loot the shards anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-07-04 at 01:35 PM.

Master Loot --> set loot rarity to "legendary"

Non-legendary items should be up for group loot or FFA, you will have to assign the legendary parts via Master Loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Master Loot --> set loot rarity to "legendary"

Non-legendary items should be up for group loot or FFA, you will have to assign the legendary parts via Master Loot.
    Does that really work? I wanted to do exactly the same back in Cataclysm when I ran Ulduar 25 for my Val'anyr (still only at 19 fragments). Would be awesome if that option is available; back then it was only "set loot rarity to epic".

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Does that really work? I wanted to do exactly the same back in Cataclysm when I ran Ulduar 25 for my Val'anyr (still only at 19 fragments). Would be awesome if that option is available; back then it was only "set loot rarity to epic".
    Last I knew and used it, anything under the rarity (in this case legendary) was either ffa'ed or looted to whoever's corpse it was. I could be wrong, but I know that's how it functioned at one point.

Deleted
    I never bothered with setting any specific loot option and never had any problems until now. I advertise my run with "shards reserved, rest ffa" that's it. Never seen any shards ninjaed. People that are on the quest usually don't bother to go with you/a group where the shards are reserved. And if by any chance another one rolls need (check the loot window) you can always kick that person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iara View Post
    I never bothered with setting any specific loot option and never had any problems until now. I advertise my run with "shards reserved, rest ffa" that's it. Never seen any shards ninjaed. People that are on the quest usually don't bother to go with you/a group where the shards are reserved. And if by any chance another one rolls need (check the loot window) you can always kick that person.
    The problem is: In ICC when you are not on the questline you won't be able to even roll on the shards (they don't appear in the loot window)...in Ulduar any person can aquire a Fragment of Val'anyr and since not many people know of said item they roll need because it is orange ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

issue solved Is there a way to master loot legendaries but need before greed everything else?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...verything-else

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    The problem is: In ICC when you are not on the questline you won't be able to even roll on the shards (they don't appear in the loot window)...in Ulduar any person can aquire a Fragment of Val'anyr and since not many people know of said item they roll need because it is orange ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

issue solved Is there a way to master loot legendaries but need before greed everything else?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...verything-else
    I fail to see the problem^^ You roll need on your shards in ICC and another one rolls need too, after you said they are locked? Nevermind, kick the person.
    Never collected the Valanyr shards in Ulduar myself(still on the to-do list), but my friend did (and of course I had to help ;>). And even there we only had to kick one person in all of our runs because of rolling on a fragment (twice).
    Maybe we were really lucky to get people that actually listen to what is said... But seriously if it is made perfectly (and reasonably) clear from the start there never should be a problem unless you get a really retarded person or simply a troll(and you can normally even spot them before the run starts and act accordingly^^). In both cases you may lose one shard/fragment max, not the end of the world imho.

Also we didn't bother to contact a GM about it -so this is pure speculation- but there are certain guidelines for GMs regarding ninja looting. Maybe a GM could even award the ninjaed shard to you, when according to chatlog it is perfectly clear someone ninjaed it? Again, pure speculation!

Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Hello,
    so I've been thinking about finally getting my Shadowmourne (only like 3 years or something later :P) Mostly I want it for the tabard, other RP items I will give to friends probably.

So I will be making weekly ICC 25 runs, with the only stuff that will be reserved for me are the shards. But what is the best way of handling loot in these runs? Considering it will take multiple runs to get enough shards, I want to have smooth, drama-free runs. I don't want to put bad reputation on my name or on my guild, and I want people to enjoy the runs, so that they join next week again.

If I use group loot, I risk that somebody will ninja one of the shards and leave the raid, if I use Master Looter it will take ages to distribute the loot (ppl want stuff from ICC for transmog). With my gear I will probably be one of the highest DPS in the raid, and I won't be very useful standing at the boss' corpse while rest of the group is already clearing trash towards next boss.
    You can take 3 people who know what they are doing in there and be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iara View Post
    I fail to see the problem^^ You roll need on your shards in ICC and another one rolls need too, after you said they are locked? Nevermind, kick the person.
    Never collected the Valanyr shards in Ulduar myself(still on the to-do list), but my friend did (and of course I had to help ;>). And even there we only had to kick one person in all of our runs because of rolling on a fragment (twice).
    Maybe we were really lucky to get people that actually listen to what is said... But seriously if it is made perfectly (and reasonably) clear from the start there never should be a problem unless you get a really retarded person or simply a troll(and you can normally even spot them before the run starts and act accordingly^^). In both cases you may lose one shard/fragment max, not the end of the world imho.

Also we didn't bother to contact a GM about it -so this is pure speculation- but there are certain guidelines for GMs regarding ninja looting. Maybe a GM could even award the ninjaed shard to you, when according to chatlog it is perfectly clear someone ninjaed it? Again, pure speculation!
    You're probably very lucky. Almost every pug like that when an item is reserved (a "common item," as in a regular gear piece or common legendary item, not a mount) gets ninjad, in my experience. There are always fights and such, so I just put ML on everything and then I request rolls on everything except for my legendary item I want.

It works just fine every time and since I bring 25 people to most of my raids, they clear the trash by the time I'm done with the rolls (takes 1-2 mins tops), so we can jump on the next boss.

The best would be to bring 5-8 people you kinda trust, but it'll take longer, even if you're doing something like Ulduar25man unless they're geared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a couple of friends with some gear?

We cleared ICC25hc including LKhc (no mount, sadly) just this weekend with 3 people (boomkin, mage, ele shaman - with druid and shamy speccing heal for Dreamwalker).

Granted, our gear is quite above average what with 2/3 of us having the legendary cloak already and being well above 540 ilvl in their dps specs, but if you grab a group of 5 guildies, it shouldn't be a big deal, even at lower itemlvls. And if push comes to shove, you can still kill LK on normal, provided you brought friends/guildies and not some whiny random person.

Deleted
    If you set it to master looter you have the option of clicking on a piece of loot and Requesting Rolls on it. This will open up a standard need/greed window for that specific item - do this for the regular loot and ML the shards to yourself.

You could always just not invite people who are on the shards quest if you want to keep group loot.

You'll know if someone in the raid is on your quest by checking the little number next to the quest in the quest log e.g "[1] Get the shards or w/e"

But of course it'd be easier still just to master loot. People who don't want any loot that dropped will probably run off and start clearing trash whilst you distribute it out. In fact even those who do want loot will probably do the same, it's not like they need to wait around the boss to be eligible.