Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Picked up the first parts today.
    Black SLI-bridge included.
    Mmm..
    hardware list?

Deleted
    All you need to assemble a computer..?

(Got that yesterday while buying some mounting brackets.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfffft that is nothing.

Mine is way smaller.

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Anyway, Marest! http://www.inet.se/produkt/5321092/l...skkylare-svart these exist.
    And I share your trouble of many harddrives. Thus I will make my current computer a combined FTP/NAS/fileserver when new build is complete.

Deleted
    I don't really have any issues cooling my drives. #FT02swag4life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    get it right: #FT02swag4lifeYOLO

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    get it right: #TJ11swag4lifeYOLO
    Get it right aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Get it right aswell
    eh, idk, the TJ11 is nice and all, but it just seems over the top, not to sound like a hipster, but watercooling is too mainstream now, it used to be something that skilled builders would do to stand out, now anybody can order a "kit" and watercool

compare modern kits to my first watercooled system, it was either my 486 or K5/6 i can't remember, but i do remember the waterloop, i took a copper plate, and glued it to a hollowed out piece of 3/4" plexiglass, with yellow surgical tubing, plastic barbs, a water fountain pump, and a transmission oil cooler for a radiator duct taped to a small box fan

i think what a lot of builders are doing now is high power silent systems, and in that area, the FT02>TJ11

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I could think of...

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

...how do you all deal with computer-illiterate people? My mother's blaming her computer problems (100% CPU usage; 10 year old pre-built computer) on me playing a video game on another computer. Rather frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    ...how do you all deal with computer-illiterate people? My mother's blaming her computer problems (100% CPU usage; 10 year old pre-built computer) on me playing a video game on another computer. Rather frustrating.
    Whatever you do, don't get defensive and don't get into a shouting match with them.

Show her that you have turned your computer off, and hope that the issues don't suddenly stop. When the issues continue you can point to your turned off computer and say "it can't be my computer that is the problem".

I'm real thankful my family is aware that its computer smarts is too petty to try and argue with me.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm real thankful my family is aware that its computer smarts is too petty to try and argue with me.
    Basically this. ^_<

I suggest doing what Butler Log suggested.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Lol yeah, I'm the fix-it guy in the house. Which can be REALLY annoying sometimes as my sister for example calls me to do or "fix" even small trivial things.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Lol yeah, I'm the fix-it guy in the house. Which can be REALLY annoying sometimes as my sister for example calls me to do or "fix" even small trivial things.
    My mum is convinced that I can just "fix the internet" when it starts lagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    My mum is convinced that I can just "fix the internet" when it starts lagging.
    I get the same thing, I've got cable internet which uses a shared cable for my whole street and thus is slower when alot of people are online at the same time, and as soon as it starts getting a bit slower my mum demands that I fix it, and when I say I cant the standard response is "why not, you're studying IT arent you!?".
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    well, the bearing in my AX1200 is going out, it sounds like a very tiny cat screaming bloody murder

Deleted
    How much power does your computer use anyway Cyan? 750W peak?

10+ Year Old Account
    How much power does your computer use anyway Cyan? 750W peak?
    i have no idea, i loaned my kil-a-watt to a friend and he moved and took it with him, i haven't got around to getting another, when i max out my computer, i tend to max out everything, so it becomes a power hog, i highly doubt a 750 is gonna provide the needed amps on the rail to drive 4 gpus and a 4.6Ghz hex core, i could probably get away with a 1000w though