Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Fervor is 200 focus per use (100 to pet 100 to player) so 400 Focus per minute.
    Ummm....what?http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82726

I thought the additional 50 only went to the hunter?
    Last edited by Wipeanrunbak; 2013-07-04 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    I haven't hada signle megaera fight where my pet didn't turn all the way around, kinda sad to lose like 20k dps overall because my pet is not in range for KC half the time.
    Ok, fair enough. I haven't actually been in for a H Magaera kill in like 2 months. Maybe that's the fight causing all the fuss?

Again though, people complaining about pathing on Iron Qon or Durumu are confusing me. I have had zero issues with my pet on those bosses.

I found if you don't immediately make your pet attack the new head, with the new BS, it will attempt to run around the room, aggroing stuff you skipped, if you decided to that is. The pathing is ridiculously bad. Obviously you should immediately attack anyways.....but you know what I mean. Go do an LFR and you'll see, same bad pathing as non-LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Again though, people complaining about pathing on Iron Qon or Durumu are confusing me. I have had zero issues with my pet on those bosses.
    People are complaining about non-existent pathing issues on Iron Qon/Durumu? only issue I have with IQ is not being able to KC during Windstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I found if you don't immediately make your pet attack the new head, with the new BS, it will attempt to run around the room, aggroing stuff you skipped, if you decided to that is. The pathing is ridiculously bad. Obviously you should immediately attack anyways.....but you know what I mean. Go do an LFR and you'll see, same bad pathing as non-LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

People are complaining about non-existent pathing issues on Iron Qon/Durumu? only issue I have with IQ is not being able to KC during Windstorm.
    That is because Blink Strike is on CD therefore it will not blink to him while he is in the air.

Deleted
    Several times my pet just froze on HC Magaera - literally doing nothing, just standing in the place. Usually it happens on Arcane Head where right of it you have some kind of "stone pier". To fix it I had to dismiss pet and call it again.
    Other problems are on the bridges towards Horridon when it falls off the bridge.
    I experienced also pet disappearing on Ji-Kun (when jumping to the nest or flying off them).

Other then that, nothing so far...

Oh yeah, it's kinda dull when pet and summoned Thunderhawk goes after Crystal and not Tortos / turtles.

If anything on Iron Qon the blink strike pathing issue is actually quite a dps increase over before because your pet will often blink up to attack at the start or during windstorm and remain in the air dpsing the entire time instead of falling after the blink, letting it dps fully and allowing you to not lose any Kill Commands aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Ok, fair enough. I haven't actually been in for a H Magaera kill in like 2 months. Maybe that's the fight causing all the fuss?

yeah pretty much, also my pet sometimes just falls trough the floor, takes like 10-30 sec depending on cooldown of blinkstrike before it can attack again.

Kinda annoying, it might not be on all fights, but it's still very annoying if it's only 10% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Several times my pet just froze on HC Magaera - literally doing nothing, just standing in the place. Usually it happens on Arcane Head where right of it you have some kind of "stone pier". To fix it I had to dismiss pet and call it again.
    Other problems are on the bridges towards Horridon when it falls off the bridge.
    I experienced also pet disappearing on Ji-Kun (when jumping to the nest or flying off them).

Other then that, nothing so far...

Oh yeah, it's kinda dull when pet and summoned Thunderhawk goes after Crystal and not Tortos / turtles.
    haha yeah pretty much all of that

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeanrunbak View Post
    Ummm....what?http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82726

I thought the additional 50 only went to the hunter?
    No it goes to your pet as well. Look at your pets buffs when you use fervour. It gets the fervour buff for 10 seconds every time.

Forget the pet pathing problems.

As of right now the only reason to bring a hunter in 5.4 (as it stands) is for the agi mail loot.

Im 546 ilvl...the scaling is astroucious

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone previously proposed, I feel like Blink Strikes should stay as it is for PvE, makes waay more sense. Changing it for PvP is definitely justified, though.

Blink strike could have a mechanic were the blink cd only counts when it hits a player, but meh, blizz like to change us in the worst way possible

Deleted
    Rogues got glyph which gives them ability to AoE sunder. Now, it's getting old that everyone has 101 raid utilities but hunters. I really hope they'll change camp to give some sort of raid CD ( new pve trinket reduces its CD)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaon View Post
    Bring the pet, not the buff. I imagine some poor 10-man hunter whose raid doesn't have spell haste is damn tired of his or her spore bat by now.
    I saw this post on the US PTR forums, loved it but couldn't comment there as I'm EU. Great post btw. I just highlighted this bit because I am that hunter you imagined... I've got a whole stable full of interesting & beautiful pets that I never get to use because we don't have 5% spell haste...

Deleted
    It's necessary to say thank you! First time a hunter listed everything what's a mess about hunter..

I don't give a fuck about PvP and I really don't care about hunter's "op" in PvP..

In my opinion hunter are much to weak in comparison to warlocks, mages & shadows in PvE. Best example - our warlock does like 400k dps, shadow like 350k, mage like 325k at council of the elders heroic. Miles behind my dmg: 220k dps at the end of the fight. Kinda ridiculous that difference. I have an ilvl about 542 and the caster are like 335 and less. I don't want to repeat all the nerfs Dracodraco already mentioned. Just annoying what they are going to do in 5.4 with readiness. I really hope that they will push it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Rogues got glyph which gives them ability to AoE sunder. Now, it's getting old that everyone has 101 raid utilities but hunters. I really hope they'll change camp to give some sort of raid CD ( new pve trinket reduces its CD)
    Wait, serious? wow. Ours will still be better, since it's an instant 3 stack, and ours doesn't cost resources. But I get why you mentioned it, it's stupid that they're literally giving away our unique debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Wait, serious? wow. Ours will still be better, since it's an instant 3 stack, and ours doesn't cost resources. But I get why you mentioned it, it's stupid that they're literally giving away our unique debuff.
    Rogues use Fan of Knives for AoE anyway so it's not really resource costing as you'd spend your energy on it anyway.

I'm just curious how other hunters feel about how we play on the PTR right now? I spent a couple hours just messing around hitting the dummies, and I have to say the increased focus cost to arcane shot makes each spec feel really odd. Playing with Dire Beast and Fervor feels really underwhelming compared to using Thrill of the Hunt. I'm sure part of it is bad play on my part as it's the first time I've spent any length of time on the ptr recently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I'm just curious how other hunters feel about how we play on the PTR right now? I spent a couple hours just messing around hitting the dummies, and I have to say the increased focus cost to arcane shot makes each spec feel really odd. Playing with Dire Beast and Fervor feels really underwhelming compared to using Thrill of the Hunt. I'm sure part of it is bad play on my part as it's the first time I've spent any length of time on the ptr recently.
    I both like and dislike the cost increase of Arcane Shot.

What I really like is that every Arcane actually hits really hard, and that makes bursting things down with Bestial Wrath and Fervor so much easier. It's also a nice change not to run into any near focus capping issues with several cooldowns and Bloodlust up.

What I dislike is how it ruined our way to bleed off small amounts of focus. When you're on 60 focus and Kill Command will come off cooldown in 1 second, you can't just squeeze in an Arcane Shot and feel like you're spending your time and focus well. You either need to channel a Cobra Shot and delay your Kill Command a little bit, of use an Arcane Shot and delay your next Kill Command even more. Not the best of examples, but I think it'll get the point across. Everything costs so much focus now. It wouldn't be a problem with bigger focus pools but especially for Marksmanship I find it a major pain in the back.

Didn't really mess around with Thrill of the Hunt yet. Tried it a while ago and disliked the talent as much as I always did.

Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    I saw this post on the US PTR forums, loved it but couldn't comment there as I'm EU. Great post btw. I just highlighted this bit because I am that hunter you imagined... I've got a whole stable full of interesting & beautiful pets that I never get to use because we don't have 5% spell haste...
    There's an old chestnut about your 14.99 and the raid's 359.76. You can see your pets plenty doing solo stuff or in LFR.

Bring the best pet for the dps. It's what we're there for.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I both like and dislike the cost increase of Arcane Shot.

What I really like is that every Arcane actually hits really hard, and that makes bursting things down with Bestial Wrath and Fervor so much easier. It's also a nice change not to run into any near focus capping issues with several cooldowns and Bloodlust up.

What I dislike is how it ruined our way to bleed off small amounts of focus. When you're on 60 focus and Kill Command will come off cooldown in 1 second, you can't just squeeze in an Arcane Shot and feel like you're spending your time and focus well. You either need to channel a Cobra Shot and delay your Kill Command a little bit, of use an Arcane Shot and delay your next Kill Command even more. Not the best of examples, but I think it'll get the point across. Everything costs so much focus now. It wouldn't be a problem with bigger focus pools but especially for Marksmanship I find it a major pain in the back.

Didn't really mess around with Thrill of the Hunt yet. Tried it a while ago and disliked the talent as much as I always did.
    Pretty much how I feel about it too. Last I copied my hunter to the PTR I was at like... 536 ilvl or something. In that gear my arcane shots on the PTR are hitting for around 170k crits. I can imagine in the gear I have now (541 with heroic weapon) they'd maybe hit for almost 200k. That's pretty awesome, but the increased focus cost really makes it feel like each spec just has two signatures because it all costs so much. I mean Arcane Shot actually costs MORE focus than Explosive Shot, which is a bit silly. I know that's just one spec but I mean... still. I guess Arcane Shot just doesn't feel like a filler anymore to me.

I'm not a huge fan of Thrill of the Hunt, but on the PTR it doesn't feel so bad. Maybe it's just because I keep trying to bleed off little bits of focus with the new Arcane Shot, and starve myself. In either case, while it doesn't generate focus, it at least lets the buffed arcane shots bleed off 10 focus with procs. I'm unsure if it would be optimal to use it over Dire Beast or Fervor, probably not though.

Honestly, I'd much rather see them spread the damage buff elsewhere (would love signatures to get some love) instead of putting so much into just Arcane Shot. People say the reason for the increased focus cost is stop us from capping during BW or something, but I really prefer the lower focus cost of Arcane Shot.
    Last edited by Finick; 2013-07-07 at 05:10 AM.