Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Then I'm afraid you're reading it wrong.

It's not about people particularly caring about what other people do.

It's the fact that these people are no longer invested in the community that affects them.
    And since the majority of people didn't raid to begin with, then they weren't before either. Also, the raiding community isn't all that matters.

Its just game lol, hard raid`s must give best gears.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    No people have been spoiled by stuff like LFR and getting epics with no effort in general. They have totally lost respect for what made WoW so great in the beginning. When I was a noob back in the days I didnt care about not doing the same thing as the hard core raiders. There were plenty of things for me to do anyways. And raids were something mysterious and compelling, not something I could do by clicking one button and then /afk. That's the concern.

- - - Updated - - -

Ruins the mystery for me? I never said that. It ruins the mystery for those people who usually dont raid of course.
    Some people dont want mystery. They want things to be laid out in front of them so the could see it. Why is it so bad to have different ways to play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I stand by my statement. The people who do LFR do it because they want to. It hurts nobody.
    It hurts the community and is slowly killing the game. It's a design flaw by blizzard. I'm not opposing or feeling better than ppl that do LFR, it's just that people don't see what it's doing to the game.

Deleted
    I simply Lol over this are you guys really meaning making exclusive raids for 0.5% 1% of the player base would be a good thing ?

i mean come on LFR its what? over 40 ilvls under HC thunderforged items you get mounts ,titles and feats of strength for completing HC isnt that exclusive enough ?

let them have LFR its sounding more like greed and the attitude i want it all becouse im a skilled player let it go its not about you its about all the players.

It hurts the community and is slowly killing the game. It's a design flaw by blizzard. I'm not opposing or feeling better than ppl that do LFR, it's just that people don't see what it's doing to the game.
    It's doing nothing to the game, except giving people who didn't raid more to do. Do you guys forget that most people didn't raid before anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oh yes how dare devoted fans be passionate about a game and have questions when they can talk directly to the development team and lore panel about new content / games. How dare those ... THOSE NERDS!
    If you have ever seen a question and answer panel you would note the behavior of the person asking the question. Its not that they ask a question, it is HOW they ask the question.

For example;
    A nerd walks up to the microphone and says, "As a Rogue I would like to see more development on Rogues and I don't feel they get adequate development and balancing. Will we be seeing any changes to Rogues to bring them up to current top dps standards?" This sounds like an completely appropriate question but thats not the question that gets asked at a question answer segment.

What they say is, "When are you going to get your heads out of your asses and fix rogues?" Then fill the voice with as much bile and malice as possible and you get your average question asker.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is having extra options hurting the game? The only difference it makes is that the bad-PuGers are now in LFR instead. The community isnt going to be worse just by the fact that someone is raiding in a cross server instance that needs queing. The players that didnt want to socialize in the game now has a way to raid, without all the hassle of trying to put a some what decent group up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Do people complaining about LFR get a boner or something from denying content from other people? I don't get it, what's the problem with everyone getting to experience what the game has to offer? It doesn't affect you in any way.

Also this topic is quite unnecessary since Blizzard are happy with it and will _never_ remove it.
    I couldn't care less how other people decide to experience content. I think it was a nice addition to the game and it's pretty nice to gear up and practice on alts.

My problem with LFR is that I sometimes felt "forced" to do it on my main. While I know that no one is really forcing me, some of the set bonuses and trinkets were pretty crucial. Another thing was the legendary quest chain, if I sat out on a boss where someone else had higher priority on loot, then I had to run LFR specifically for that boss so I didn't get even further behind (had pretty atrocious luck at the beginning of t15).

Some of these issues will hopefully be alleviated with flex raids, but trinkets could again be an issue if rng doesn't like you.

I'm sorry was I talking to you. I don't think anyone but Ce needs to provide input.
    Pro-Tip: this is a message board and you should expect responses from anyone.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Then I'm afraid you're reading it wrong.

It's not about people particularly caring about what other people do.

It's the fact that these people are no longer connected to the community that affects them. WoW is pretty much a single-player game for mopst players - and the people who would have been interested in raiding(which is a minority) no longer get compelled to go towards it, shrinking the raiding population even more.
    Wow was like that a bit before LFG happen then LFG happen and it became more like that.

Personally I would rather play wow as a single player game then a MMO after all the shitheads I have to deal with on my past 2 servers and I refuse to pay blizzard a 25$ per toon fee to transfer off my old server.

Want to really know why people don't care about the community ill tell you why its not because of LFR or LFG its because of what the community has turned into. Its a shithole its been a shithole for quite sometime and people like myself no longer want to deal with it so we treat wow like a single player game.

Blame the community the community wants new members of there guild to know all fights be 100% perfect with there class to the point they can pull 100k dps in geens. The community thinks trolling is cool the community treats anyone who is new like a plague and because of all of this the community is falling apart.

Tired of player's treating wow like a single player games.....tell the community to grow the fuck up and stop being assholes every chance they get because it makes them laugh.

To even prove my point more how many threads dose MMOC get a week of people posting about how they dropped a portal in LFR on a food table and it ported people out. While they find that funny I find it stupid and a waste of my time and that is just one of the many reasons why I don't want to deal with the Wow-Community.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-05 at 12:44 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    It's doing nothing to the game, except giving people who didn't raid more to do. Do you guys forget that most people didn't raid before anyway?
    and don't forget that before the introduction of LFD (3.3.0) and LFR (4.3.0) everyone was lovely and nice to everyone else all the time....

It does a whole lot to the community. How can you not see that? If everyone is doing LFR with total strangers on other realms, your own realm community will die, it's just a matter of time. Plus everyone will be spoiled and the mystery is gone(even if you dont think mystery matters, it actually does for alot of people).

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    There is no hate. Topic is: Why doesn't people want to learn instead of wanting to learn? Would you receive welfare IRL or work a good job?
    Bad metaphor/analogy/whatever is bad. It's not always easy to GET a good job.

What is it doing to the game? Allowing more people to experience raid content so more and better raid content can be created? No LFR= Less Raid Content Less often.

Its a fact, resources would be stripped to create more non-raid content to keep 90% of the player base busy since they would no longer have LFR to keep them busy.

- - - Updated - - -

It does a whole lot to the community. How can you not see that? If everyone is doing LFR with total strangers on other realms, your own realm community will die, it's just a matter of time. Plus everyone will be spoiled and the mystery is gone(even if you dont think mystery matters, it actually does for alot of people).
    You do know that you can queue up with friends and guild mates and socialize just fine?

The mystery only existed in your head.

Nobody is spoiled, you act like its a forbidden fruit that a person should die to taste. Its a video game that everyone should get to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    What is it doing to the game? Allowing more people to experience raid content so more and better raid content can be created? No LFR= Less Raid Content Less often.

Its a fact, resources would be stripped to create more non-raid content to keep 90% of the player base busy since they would no longer have LFR to keep them busy.
    What keeps players busy nowdays is not LFR, it's achivements. most ppl can get full LFR/VP gear, even playing just 1-2 hours a week, before next MoP patch arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wow was like that a bit before LFG happen then LFG happen and it became more like that.

Personally I would rather play wow as a single player game then a MMO after all the shitheads I have to deal with on my past 2 servers and I refuse to pay blizzard a 25$ per toon fee to transfer off my old server.

Want to really know why people don't care about the community ill tell you why its not because of LFR or LFG its because of what the community has turned into. Its a shithole its been a shithole for quite sometime and people like myself no longer want to deal with it so we treat wow like a single player game.

Blame the community the community wants new members of there guild to know all fights be 100% perfect with there class to the point they can pull 100k dps in geens. The community thinks trolling is cool the community treats anyone who is new like a plague and because of all of this the community is falling apart.

Tired of player's treating wow like a single player games.....tell the community to grow the fuck up and stop being assholes every chance they get because it makes them laugh.

To even prove my point more how many threads dose MMOC get a week of people posting about how they dropped a portal in LFR on a food table and it ported people out. While they find that funny I find it stupid and a waste of my time and that is just one of the many reasons why I don't want to deal with the Wow-Community.
    There were plenty of times in Wrath when I would do 25 man raids, and someone would say something racist or homophobic (knowing the target audience was in vent) or did things to get a laugh when it wasn't funny to anyone else. The community honestly hasn't changed, but now there are more ways to talk with more people. I see little difference between LFR and the way people acted when I would raid in Wrath or Cata as well. I knew plenty of people who acted like that in Vanilla and BC as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Of course there is a gap. But it isnt a huge gap.
    If people are still stuck on normal Horridon after so many months, then its pretty clear they are too noobie to even be in there
    A great many people disagree. Including Blizzard themselves who actually stated they designed it with that intent. That Heroic geared raiders in fully upgraded gear in T14 found it easy, doesn't mean 496 geared raiders - some 20 item levels behind - will find it unchallenging. At this point, I think 505-510 is kind of the 'expected' level to get through Throne on Normal; you couldn't even be that without having Heroic gear when the patch shipped. It was wrongly balanced around an assumption that -Normal- raiders were getting -Heroic- gear. I don't believe Heroic gearing should be considered a part of the 'Normal' progression path.

The gap is real. Further, are you really so sure there's such a binary split in players' skill and ability to participate? As in 13/13H or "bad"?

You cannot say the music and atomphere of TotFW is not completely epic. Especially Al'Akir and the concept of the Conclave of winds fight. That place was amazing.

Well actually you can say it wasn't because of personal taste. But man. That place was pretty cool
    TotFW, that instance which once people killed it, no one went back? Have you any idea how much bitching and moaning it took to get my guild to do a second run there to finish of peoples metas? Not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Really? A single mount and title is considered great incentive? That stuff is trivial at best, especially considering going from LFR baddie to full heroic mode raider is not trivial
    That's entirely subjective. I'd still go beyond LFR regardless of mounts and titles, even better loot if the loot wasn't necessary to do it. The next tier however is balanced around the assumption you have it and is graded to need it to ensure it feels like a real step up; rather than 'more of the same' that can be cleared comfortably in present tier gear. Thus you need to go and keep going to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    if they're so meaningful why aren't you petitioning to have those differences erased, since you pay the same 15 bux as those other guys

bottom line is its a million times easier to LFR and forget heroic raids exist than it is to raid heroics and forget LFR exists (which is what everyone conveniently expects raiders to do, while not even applying a fraction of the same standard to themselves), so that's what people are gonna do. the end result: the death of raiding on a long enough timeline
    I could easily forget LFR exists, just as I forget 5 mans and PvP content exist. I don't enjoy them, I don't participate in them. I like LFR, so I participate in it as it's a good source of Valor, I can do it any time. I like 25H raiding too, so I put the effort in to do that; and part of that effort is LFR for Valor. Win win for me I guess.

the fuck does an economic crisis have to do with a hobby that costs 15 euros a month and is probably one of the cheapest hobbies there is
    wtf man
    When you're paying internet fees, PC maintenance and stuff, it really does add up. WoW's sub fee is very easy decision to cut compared to many other things like food, electricity, water, tax... Especially when there's F2P alternatives out there even if you can keep your PC and net services up and running.

"Why do lesser skilled players feel entitled to see content"

Seeing any content never required skill, just a time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You do know that you can queue up with friends and guild mates and socialize just fine?

The mystery only existed in your head.

Nobody is spoiled, you act like its a forbidden fruit that a person should die to taste. Its a video game that everyone should get to experience.
    You can queue up with friends yes. But how often do you queue up with 40 friends? Almost all LFR ive ever been in either involves insulting or no communication whatsoever.

Forbidden fruit. no. But from personal experience and people I know that has been a round for a while says, it's esentially numbing down the game. I'm not saying anything here because I look down on players that does LFR, I'm saying it because I have concerns for a game I love being a casual or not.

The mystery and excitement for the unknown in wow existed for many. But not everyone remembers the time before LFR.