Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    you probely trade your 608 ilvl cloak for a non upgradeable ilvl 600 legendary cloak

i still think the cloaks should have never been upgradeable
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I understand that the formula for FR is (2*(AP-Agi*2), Sta*2.5) which ever is higher.
    1. (2*(AP minus Agi * 2) )
    2. Stamina * 2.5

Wouldn't Agility stacking reduce heals from FR judging by the formula?

Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    I understand that the formula for FR is (2*(AP-Agi*2), Sta*2.5) which ever is higher.
    1. (2*(AP minus Agi * 2) )
    2. Stamina * 2.5

Wouldn't Agility stacking reduce heals from FR judging by the formula?
    Think about how much AP you get from Agility.

That will answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Think about how much AP you get from Agility.

That will answer your question.
    Oh so its just raw AP without contribution from Agility.. ahh thanks
    Blur me.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 point of agi gives slightly more then 2 Ap per point
    they added a -Agi*2 to the formula to take the agi out of the equation. (not sure why tho seems stoopid imo)

tho since 1 point in agi gives more then 2 AP, its is not completly filtered out
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The first formula is used when AP is high due to vengeance so that FR can scale well in raids. I'd say they added the - Agility*2 part to discourage stacking agility.

15+ Year Old Account
    seems like they noticed tank druids where taking the dps cloak
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    It's all about the proc now!
    Im having a hard time to decide what proc I should take, tanking or dps.
    Any thoughts about that one?

Edit: nevermind, I see that they changed the cloak to unique-equipped. Guess we can change the cloak depending on the encounter/progress.
    Last edited by mmoc51af1d1acc; 2013-07-10 at 07:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imo tanks shuold get tanking proc, but that becase i raid 25 man, i can see that the tank its dps does matter in 10 mans
    in 25 the tanks dps is neglectiable, its only for threat
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Im only raiding 10 man so thats why I'm a bit confused

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Im only raiding 10 man so thats why I'm a bit confused
    You cant really say which one will be better for now, since we get the all the data

With the cooldown decrease trinkets, do you really need another cd. How does it work exactly, like the paladin thing or does it really block the whole dmg, say you would go from 100-0 cloak procss and you are at 100%. And we dont know the procrate for guardians yet for the dps one.

If you are certain you can use the tankproc on almost every fight and use it as another cooldown. or maybe even try to get more vengenace with it, you should go with the tank one.
    Let me give you an example here, think about leishen (doenst matter if heroic or normal) beeing able to soak the phase 1 tankdebuff(forget the english name) or stand in the whip in phase two soak a full thunderaxe.

If you thing you cant use the proc and the dps one has decent procrates for tanks, use the dps one. The proc will always be there, if you have the tankcloak and it procs once per lockout you will lose alot of dmg you woukld have gained while using the dps one.

Still keep in mind until acurate procs and procrates are out things can change. Maybe they will let you have both and youz can change that would be awesome
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-07-10 at 11:51 AM.

I'm guessing it's more like the DK Purgatory without the dot part.

As of right this second based on Live servers you'll take the "DPS" cloak.

Whether or not this changes in 5.4 we won't know until information about how they're implementing the cloaks is public.

With the change to the agility tanking cloak from losing dodge in favour of expertise I guess it could even be better as the dps cloak depending on the rest of your gear and your need for expertise. I'm happy either way that they're making the different versions of the cloak non-unique so I can at least get the cloak for my offspec.

15+ Year Old Account
    well currently it says
    •The epic item level 600 cloaks were changed to be Unique equipped, rather than Unique.

persnoaly i would not be surprised if they only let you have 1 legendary cloak, and a epic one for your offspec,
    it woulnd feel verry legendary if you can just buy them off the vendor you know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nenaunir View Post
    With the change to the agility tanking cloak from losing dodge in favour of expertise I guess it could even be better as the dps cloak depending on the rest of your gear and your need for expertise. I'm happy either way that they're making the different versions of the cloak non-unique so I can at least get the cloak for my offspec.
    it still has mastery on it wich gives you 0 dps
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

it still has mastery on it wich gives you 0 dps
    so does the dps one, but tbh noone cares if you get 1k haste or 1k expertuise on a legendary the only thing you want from it is the proc cause that will make the difference. The extra Exp can come in handy cause we will change our renatakis trinket and miss out on alot of expertise.

Like the LMG noone cares if the meta has crit on it cause the proc is so nice.

Im guess we will see some crazy stuf with the tank one, ill guess some guilds may even let everyone take the tank one for some insane strat.
    Otherwise if the Tank dmg is like ToT non-existing I quess noone will take the tank one.

persnoaly i would not be surprised if they only let you have 1 legendary cloak, and a epic one for your offspec,
    it woulnd feel verry legendary if you can just buy them off the vendor you know
    You mean like they did with the gems and metagems?
    im not so sure about that I guess alot of people play two speccs even in a raid, like the third healer that plays resto/balance.
    But if they dont let us have two I guess that most pala/monks/druids will take the dps one unless its useless due to procrate. With the new trinket I doubt we will need another cooldown to safe us and probably there will be 1-2 fights where the proc will be very usefull and the rest it will not matter.
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-07-11 at 09:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i play both cat and bear actively, i swap a lot.
    officaly i am the 3rd MT but the other 2 tanks dont got a dps spec / gear so i end up dpsing unless they are not online.

yet i would defently take the tanking cloak, becase tanking is my mainspec, i dont care about my dps a tank
    but like i said thats probely becase i raid 25 mans, with 18 dpsers that tank its dps isnt that importent
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i play both cat and bear actively, i swap a lot.
    officaly i am the 3rd MT but the other 2 tanks dont got a dps spec / gear so i end up dpsing unless they are not online.

yet i would defently take the tanking cloak, becase tanking is my mainspec, i dont care about my dps a tank
    but like i said thats probely becase i raid 25 mans, with 18 dpsers that tank its dps isnt that importent
    Sure it doenst matter that much in 25m, but since you dps and bear, and you are the third tank, so the proc from the tank cloak will be wasted, Even in 25m a wasted proc does nothing.

Not saying your wrong with taking the tankcloak. But I cant see the procc beeing mandatory for tanks or it would be unfair when other tanks dont have it, so I assume it will be used to gain additional vengeance or some kind of strat.

Since the new content is beeing tested and not everything is known so far and I do know this has nothing to do with the new content, but if you look at ToT. Currently the proc would be usefull on Horridon last phase especially on 25m. It can be used for aditional vengeance on Jikun(but the other tank will lose alot vengeance so not really anythign gained). And tortos on 25m havent seen raden and leishen yet, but I quess leishen p1 tank can be soaked by it.

And the aoe effect from the cloak will be so usefull on cleave or add fights. And this tier has been full of that.
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-07-11 at 11:29 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not "caring" about your DPS as a Tank is a very outdated and poor way to think. Regardless of your raid size.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoma View Post
    Not "caring" about your DPS as a Tank is a very outdated and poor way to think. Regardless of your raid size.
    I dont think het meant it that way. I think he meant to say he doenst care about small dps increases like with the cloaks cause he raids 25m. Every tank cares about dps highly due to the fact more dps usually means more rage. Staying alive is still best way to increases your dps.