Rift - How far behind the curve, tanking...

Ok, so I had a level 50 (I think it was max level) before SL came out. I picked up the game late into the last tier before SL, powerleveled to max and then was stuck in a rut of not wanting to play catchup for gear (I think I had it figured out to something like 4+ weeks of experts to get the stones to buy the entry gear) to be able to tank maximum t2...

So my question, granted SL has been out for "a while", how far behind would I be if I rushed to 60 (I think it is now) and wanted to get into raids? Am I once again far behind the 8 ball or?

You would still be somewhat behind the curve. It is easier to gear up now that the gear has been out there for a bit. All the same, there is not a lot of skipping in Rift. Usually have to earn raid gear the hard way.

It's like 2.5x the toughness of ID to get into the entry SL raid content. Which was like 150 or something. So like 300-400 toughness to do the easiest stuff*. New tanks also get rocked in SL. Totally f----ing rocked. Be brave, warrior.

*Numbers will not be accurate. Just going off memory and I retain this type of information poorly. The point is, you need loads of stats.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-07-06 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Ok, so I had a level 50 (I think it was max level) before SL came out. I picked up the game late into the last tier before SL, powerleveled to max and then was stuck in a rut of not wanting to play catchup for gear (I think I had it figured out to something like 4+ weeks of experts to get the stones to buy the entry gear) to be able to tank maximum t2...

So my question, granted SL has been out for "a while", how far behind would I be if I rushed to 60 (I think it is now) and wanted to get into raids? Am I once again far behind the 8 ball or?
    Your problem pre-SL and how you are probably looking at it in SL is your problem. Gearing up is easy, but don't expect to go from experts straight to T2, you goot go through T1. Getting T1 ready is easy with mostly crafted gear and limited drops/currency items. From there, a few T1 drops will get you up to snuff.