Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If shaman T16 is going to look like what the Dark Shaman are wearing, it's going to be badass. I don't know if people are just jumping on the nostalgia hate bandwagon but I think MoP's been pretty good for armour sets.

deathknight tier16 body/legs is just awful

Deleted
    I dont care about PvP sets, they were always some leftovers trash anyway, but so far Tier 16 looks really good, I like every set except rogue, which is trully horrible.

Every class has their own Power Ranger suit now! Desperately waiting for some super cheesy machinima now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Art is subjective.
    Very deep and profound.

But then again, objectively, some things are just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanexlol View Post
    Very deep and profound.

But then again, objectively, some things are just bad.
    Except this thread proves that this is a case of subjective value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Except this thread proves that this is a case of subjective value.
    This thread proves absolutely nothing.

Deleted
    don't really like the way they look so far but my main is a shaman and haven't seen that one yet but if it looks rubbish oh well that's what transmog is for

Quote Originally Posted by zanexlol View Post
    This thread proves absolutely nothing.
    Sure it proves something: that some people like the tier sets, and some people don't, and that a whole lot of people don't really understand that disliking a piece of art doesn't mean everybody dislikes it.

Deleted
    My only personal gripe with the newer sets is that since probably tier 9-10ish? Things began looking very less class-specific. With the older sets you could clearly see that the set was made for a class. I noticed it mostly in the Firelands tier, where I couldn't really say from looking at a set "oh, that looks like it's for a priest", or "oh, that's a paladin set". Things are more "theme" oriented than "class" oriented now (Fire-themed, Eastern-themed, Scourge-themed). Some people prefer it that way, some people prefer the class representation in a set.

Deleted
    Agree with OP. If you put some of these sets infront of me *without* the class labels and asked me to match them up I would probably only get a handful of them right.

They have totally lost the plot in terms of theme.

Druids and Paladins look like Shamans

Warriors look like Paladins

Death Knights look like Warriors...

Ech.

What have glowy feathers got to to with Paladins? None of our spells use "feather" style graphics - not even wings, which are clearly comprised of light. It's just weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    just be thankful for transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post

The new hunter set for example, is just rediculous. Although historically all hunters sets are more or less shit in comparison, but this one takes the cake.

oh my god its XT-002 O.o
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I have to agree i dont know whats happened but the next tier sets are incredibly poor. They all look terrible.

Warrior tier was also pretty weak this entire expansion, T14 looked decent-ish, T15... A plate Mogu, by that time i couldn't stand the sight of those puffed up idiots anymore (Something to do with them yelling how weak and puny i supposedly am at me for the 16583565893rd time), and the "Lights and spikes"-mishmash that is T16 is just... Words escape me to describe the horrific awfulness... Glow-in-the-dark plate is for pallies! >_<

Yay for transmog i suppose, but it would be nice if some of the gear in MoP would be used as source of transmogging rather than the target...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They dont really relate to the class much.
    The old sets bring instant recognition. These sets not so much.
    I dislike the direction they are going in.
    The new hunter set for example, is just rediculous. Although historically all hunters sets are more or less shit in comparison, but this one takes the cake.

And am I somehow wrong for thinking it's a cool set? Subjectivityyyyyy...
    Although I can't really see the HUNTER in it.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

alien space robot ! .) i hope warlock set will be well something
    rest of pve sets is nothing
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

most armor sets aren't anything special. very few stand out. you could swap a lot of armor sets with other classes, other patches, and even different expansions and what difference would it make? not much.

some are unique, but most of them look like someone pressed a randomizer button and an armor set popped out.

Deleted
    meh it are always such lame colors. things that pop out are mostly helm, shoulders and belt (which ae mostly not even that cool).. never anything spectacular (flashy) or nice on the robes/gloves, they look like green:/. previous tiers had something that popped out but basicly since cata (apart from firelands) it has gone so boring :s

It seems like most of them were made in hurry, nothing special at all.

MoP sets have been all around good-looking, high quality sets, but decidedly uninspired. I hate to say it but for many of the sets there's little to distinguish them from leveling greens, which is to say that at the same time the quality of leveling set artwork has improved dramatically, the visual flair of tier sets has been toned down in a big way over previous expansions.

There's some standouts. The new Priest PvP set looks like it will be a distinguished set. Alright, I guess there's one standout that I'm aware of. I liked the Rogue Tyrannical set enough that I'll probably hold on to it for transmog, but even then it isn't all that much more impressive than the Asian themed green-quality caster DPS set from MoP quests.

I understand Blizz' perspective when they say they're trying to avoid a repeat of the "clown gear" phenomenon of mismatched pieces, but I recall that criticism coming up in BC, and mostly in reference to leveling greens, quest rewards, and dungeon drops at the time having no consistency at all with one another, rather than it being a problem with tier sets. Some dissonance in appearance as our character's transition between tier sets is a price worth paying for looking Tier 6 Mother #*)#*ing Epic (TM) when we win the game.