15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamalak View Post
    1- Do i just need to download a selection of the mods i want, take the corresponding config files you provided, put all that in the right folder, and that's it ?
    You can pick any mods that you want and use the whole config pack. Having config files for mods you're not using won't hurt anything.

2- regarding 1.5 vs 1.6, hmm.. i suppose it's all about playing 1.5 with alot of mods now in a stable way VS playing 1.6 with only a few mods and waiting some months for all of those to be updated and stable, is that right ?
    Pretty much. It's going to be a few weeks before most mods update. It takes time.

3- most of time i play SSP, and sometimes i just click the "open to lan" button to let my wife play with me. It worked well with FTB, will it work the same ?
    Should work fine. Your wife will need to have the same mods as you do with the same configs.

4- you mention that some mods don't work well with optifine.. care to say which ones ?
    Modular Powersuits has issues that I noticed. Other mods may have graphical bugs that can sometimes be fixed by tweaking the video settings. If you notice graphical issues, uninstall optifine first to see if that fixes it.

- - - Updated - - -

• Added NBTEdit

Added NBTEdit for MC 1.6.1. It's a utility that allows you to modify NBT tags in game. A bit of a cheating tool, but helpful in diagnosing issues if you know what you're doing. Defiantly not something for everybody and not required at all.

- - - Updated - - -

1.6.2 Pre- Release tomorrow (Friday the 5th).

Expect new Forge etc to follow. Unsure if existing 1.6.1 mods will need to be replaced or if they can carry forward. Will have to test when the new Forge is ready.

1.6.1 Updates

• Forge Updated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    • Added NBTEdit

Added NBTEdit for MC 1.6.1. It's a utility that allows you to modify NBT tags in game. A bit of a cheating tool, but helpful in diagnosing issues if you know what you're doing. Defiantly not something for everybody and not required at all.
    Definitely be careful with this, you can wreck havok on your world with this if you're not careful. (corrupt it and such)

Deleted
    Do you know when you will have your config files for 1.5.2 updated, so they work?

Thanks

From Kehaan

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehaan View Post
    Do you know when you will have your config files for 1.5.2 updated, so they work?

Thanks

From Kehaan
    Hi Kehaan.

For the most part the config pack is finished for 1.5.2, and I'm looking ahead to building the next one for 1.6.2. I can release the pack we currently use on our server, but it doesn't include all the mods from the list anymore. We've cut back some of the mods in favour of trying out new ones.

I'll wait until we do our next server update though. It will probably be the last update and include any new stuff that's come along.

1.5.2 Updates!

• Immibis Core Updated

1.6.1 Updates!

• Biomes O' Plenty Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated

Hardly anything updated. Probably going to give it until Sunday before looking again.

Deleted
    anyone else having issues with latest invtweaks if i put it in cormods folder it dont load and if i pout it in mods folder(encase he changed it back) it says there is two copy's installed lol

- - - Updated - - -

humm i wonder if latest forge update did go and brake it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    anyone else having issues with latest invtweaks if i put it in cormods folder it dont load and if i pout it in mods folder(encase he changed it back) it says there is two copy's installed lol

- - - Updated - - -

humm i wonder if latest forge update did go and brake it?
    idk. Haven't begun testing 1.6.1 mods yet. Inv Tweaks is a dev version anyways, so anything is possible.

1.6.2 already!?! Come on Mojang! get your act together and make a stable product before releasing and stop screwing the modding community!

Quote Originally Posted by KuroNeko87 View Post
    1.6.2 already!?! Come on Mojang! get your act together and make a stable product before releasing and stop screwing the modding community!
    It won't matter once they get the mod-api going. You'll be able to use older mods with new builds. (Assuming of course they get it going...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    It's never gone in the core mods before; so doubt it started with this build - probably why it's not loading.

Of course having said that: it crashes on me - so ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    It's never gone in the core mods before; so doubt it started with this build - probably why it's not loading.
    Newer dev build do go to coremods.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some early morning updates before work!

1.6.1 Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Computercraft Updated
    • bspkrscore Updated
    • Treecapitator Updated
    • StatusEffectHUD Updated
    • ArmorStatusHUD Updated

Quote Originally Posted by NipsuGamer View Post
    Newer dev build do go to coremods.
    Ah ha! Ok, that might help me with my crash. Thanks for setting me straight!

Deleted
    Itis a forge error it was built on older version also if u go to end with version of forge that inv tweaks works on it crashes the game. Not sure if it's forge or inv tweaks as it just throws a range/bind error . Avidyazen told me it happened to him yesterday so I tested it today and same thing happens to me too .

Anyone know where the ComputerCraft programs go now? It used be under "mods/computercraft/... etc, etc" but that doesn't seem to work anymore. So I moved it to the assets folder; and that didn't help. I posted that question in the computercraft forums, and they just moved the question to a bug folder (which I don't know if that's a hint - or the mod was being weird...)

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know where the ComputerCraft programs go now? It used be under "mods/computercraft/... etc, etc" but that doesn't seem to work anymore. So I moved it to the assets folder; and that didn't help. I posted that question in the computercraft forums, and they just moved the question to a bug folder (which I don't know if that's a hint - or the mod was being weird...)
    Shouldn't your programs go in to the folder in your saves/world folder? There should be a computercraft folder there with folders for each computer ID.

------------

1.6.1 Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • ExtraBiomesXL Updated
    • Light Level Overlay Updated
    • Industrialcraft 2 Updated
    • Zan's Minimap Updated

Few updates for 1.6.1. You may notice the list is titled 1.6.2. I just wanted to spare Greevir making a header that was only going to last a few days. The mods are still for 1.6.1.

Lot's of reports of mods being updated and the progress seems good. This doesn't include people who haven't started yet though. Still, the fact that we're seeing some of the bigger mods this early is a positive sign. Maybe it's not as big of a nightmare as the previous update.

Shouldn't your programs go in to the folder in your saves/world folder? There should be a computercraft folder there with folders for each computer ID.
    It's for server wide programs (like the ones in the mod. ie. all turtles have access to them).

It used to go in the ".minecraft\mods\ComputerCraft\lua\rom\programs\turtle" (if you created a folder (from ComputerCraft on; you could have all computers/turtles have access to them. That way you didn't have to edit the zip file every time when you wanted all turtles to have access to them). It also saved on drive space (at one point, on my server we had 60 different turtles between all players). But that no longer works (or it's a bug).

I noticed the programs in the zip file are stored under a new location: "assets\computercraft\lua\rom\programs\turtle"; but they won't work in the assets folder either.
    Last edited by sabster; 2013-07-07 at 06:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's for server wide programs (like the ones in the mod. ie. all turtles have access to them).

It used to go in the ".minecraft\mods\ComputerCraft\lua\rom\programs\turtle" (if you created a folder (from ComputerCraft on; you could have all computers/turtles have access to them. That way you didn't have to edit the zip file every time when you wanted all turtles to have access to them). It also saved on drive space (at one point, on my server we had 60 different turtles between all players). But that no longer works (or it's a bug).

I noticed the programs in the zip file are stored under a new location: "assets\computercraft\lua\rom\programs\turtle"; but they won't work in the assets folder either.
    Ah, I see what you mean. You're installing your scripts in the mod itself. I've never done that. I usually just use the default storage which CC creates.

What you could always do is create a wireless server that broadcasts instructions to your turtles. I usually do that when dealing with multiple machines to handle the I/O. You would still need to give them instructions on how to interpret the program, but then again you could write controls and handle many turtles with one interface.

Really, the easiest way is just to use the disk drive and copy though. The space LUA programs take up is very little.

Deleted
    let me re-write that post of mine lol . if u ever see a badly worded in coherent post like that again just assume i was on my mobile (90% of time i am)

right what i was saying is, Yes Inventory tweaks is now a core mod and also does not work with latest forge as it does not load, this is because it was built on original forge release. also with correct forge and inv tweaks your game will crash when you enter the end (this was confirmed buy me after avidyaZEn told me of the error) not sure if its a forge error or a inv tweaks tho as it just gives a generic /range/script error.

so as of now inventory tweaks is not really working
    Last edited by mmocf27294aad4; 2013-07-07 at 09:21 AM.

Ah, I see what you mean. You're installing your scripts in the mod itself.
    Almost! You actually create a folder in the mods folder (with several subfolders) and put the programs in there. So in the mods folder; you would have a computercraft folder AND the computercraft mod zip file. It allowed you to change them on the fly (even on a server). Putting them into the zip folder; you would have to reboot the server to make it work.

I'm assuming Dan or Cloud will answer Monday - but it's driving me nuts in the meantime.

I was going to post an image to show you what I mean; but I can't yet...
    Last edited by sabster; 2013-07-07 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    hey,
    i found a new mod!

minecraftforum.net/topic/1822469-152-numirp/

Deleted
    just to let you know fuzzie invetory tweaks has been fixed now and is fully working with latest forge also there is no coremods or anything else folder any more all mods now go in mods folder

i have updated all my mods and they all work ok